• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

after doing that, save the game, then exit
then play it again, it should work, then.
or have you done that already?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
I've tried that already. It DID recompile all of the PBS data when I restarted but I still didn't get any encounters on the affected map.

I appreciate all of the suggestions though. It's a process of elimination and one by one we're eliminating the possibilities.

Atomic Reactor

thats weird, have you spoke to poccil about this?

mad.array

Years
I know how busy he must be, I don't want to bog him down if I'm the only one having this problem. I was hoping somebody might know something off the top of their heads but that hasn't yielded results so I'll probably PM him.

Cheers anyway.

Atomic Reactor

i was looking at the "trainers" notepad or whatever, and i thought maybe i could add my own(cuz thats how i thought you did it, but im not sure yet)
and i saved it. i added
HIKER
Ralph
SANDSHREW,9
GEODUDE,8

and now i cant playtest!
it keeps saying, "failed to complete process"
so then i deleteed what i added. so all that was left was well, everything that was there before. and it still wont work.
i really need help.
anybody kno what to do?

mad.array

Years
Well based on what you've said there's no reason for it to mess up. I'd recommend restoring the default PBS data (from the zip) and then recompiling from within RMXP.

Is there any other text you get or have you changed any of the other info in the PBS folder?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
I know this might be dumb but, how do i save a pokemon or desposit a pokemon in the..

Hey, I wanted to know how do i deposit a pokemon into the computer, like when the person is putting it in the pokemon center desposit thing. And how can i make it where when i withdraw the pokemon it will still be the same level and everything from when i desposited it and stuff. And i'm using rpgmaker2k3, not sure if any of you know, but thanks.

Thanks. Haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
cant use 2k3 guy, you need to use RMXP cause Pokemon essentials is made up of RGSS sqipts which are only compat with RMXP sorry.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
i downloaded a rpgmaker 2k3 starter kit and it worked...not sure

cant use 2k3 guy, you need to use RMXP cause Pokemon essentials is made up of RGSS sqipts which are only compat with RMXP sorry.

Yea but I downloaded a rpgmaker 2k3 starter kit and it worked for it. The person made it where i could deposit a pokemon into a computer and it would be the same level and everything whenever i took it out, so yea. What should I do?..like the game that i downloaded was on rpgmaker 2k3 and he did it. so yea not sure....what should i do?

Thanks

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Yea but I downloaded a rpgmaker 2k3 starter kit and it worked for it. The person made it where i could deposit a pokemon into a computer and it would be the same level and everything whenever i took it out, so yea. What should I do?..like the game that i downloaded was on rpgmaker 2k3 and he did it. so yea not sure....what should i do?

Thanks

What kind of question is...

What should i do?

...when there is no specification of what you want to know...

I am guessing you're asking how he accomplished this? If so, it's because he's not a noob and he knows what he is doing. I am certain it involved Common Events. But this isn't what you and I should be discussing in this thread, so... I'm done.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
How would you change the terrain tag for the grass tile to a different terrain tag but still with the animation?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
How would you change the terrain tag for the grass tile to a different terrain tag but still with the animation?

Unfortunately, that's not easy in the current version. Namely, it requires changing the value of the terrain tag (in this case, 2) wherever it appears (mostly in the PokemonField script section).

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Since you popped up for once in a while Poccil, I'd just like to say thanks a whole bunch for making this starter kit, I know there are others involved like flameguru but you brought it together and its amazing and just...thanks, great job

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Hey sorry for the dp,

Does anyone know how the new map connections work?

# Area 1 - Area 2
4,0,0,5,-26,0

Puzzles me to no end?

Atomic Reactor

all i do for map connections is play test the game
open up debug menu
visual editor
hit "a" to add a map(the one you want to connect)
and put the 2 maps together at there connectiong spots.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Mitchio:

I have sent a private message. The changes were made in order to support the visual editor.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Mitchio:

I have sent a private message. The changes were made in order to support the visual editor.

Send me a PM to me explaining how to use the right visual editor.
I am having problems in connections
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back