• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PVP is live! Share your initial thoughts!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you think it has enough strategy to really be worth it? Some people are randomly getting Sinnoh Stones, do you think this is fair? Discuss!

Note: Only live for certain levels. Slow rollout!

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I quite like it, but I do feel over time it'll need more strategy to it, rather than just pressing the screen constantly and using shields every now and then. :o

Years
  • Is it like raid/gym battles?

It's a simplified version. You basically just tap to attack and when your Pokémon's special move becomes usable, press the move button continuously to charge and use it. You're given two shields per battle that can be used to block a special move and avoid damage.

Simple but quite fun! Been battling the boyfriend and another friend, no Sinnoh Stone yet tho ; ; Soon hopefully..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It definitely needs to not feel so... repetitive. It's okay but it doesn't feel competitive enough to me so I barely use it. Maybe if the rewards were something like one Pokeball per battle capped at 50 per day - would be nice for rural players with Ultra friends :)

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • I quite like it - I've received 3 Sinnoh stones (2 on my main and 1 on my alt) by battling myself; so they seem relatively common.

Back