• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • kalv0X9.png

Shirayuki was a young girl born with unique apple-red hair. She meets a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen's true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.
    ---
    Episodes: 12 + a second season planned
    Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shoujo
    Producers: Bones, FUNimation Entertainment
    ---
    Ah this is a really cute shoujo!! Not in a school settings and it doesn't completely revolve around the romance, both people are pretty independent and not just existing for each other, I think.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I've watched 3 episodes of it so far and really like it. For a shoujo anime set in a medieval setting I like Shirayuki's goal of becoming stronger independantly so that Zen can rely on her instead. She is able to handle situations herself to a reasonable degree which I like.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've caught up with watching this one and at a good moment, too. Episode 10 really wowed me with Shirayuki's determination. I was also completely caught off-guard during the kiss scene. I didn't expect this to happen so soon. I think my heart stopped. This is so lovely and beautiful of a series that I can't wait for the second cour. ;-;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I've been loving this show from episode 1. Shirayuki is an immensely likable protagonist and every episode just ends up being genuinely engaging due to her being such a fantastic lead. She's definitely one of the stronger female leads I've seen in anime. Super sweet, too. Also, whoever is voicing her is doing her job all too well to make it even more sweet. <3

That scene at the end of episode 10, omg. Loved that. I was waiting for that moment. :3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I finally picked this up a couple of days ago, and I love it so far. I put it off because I knew when I started it would hook me and I would watch nothing else until I caught up. That's almost been true, it's eating my free time. Definitely glad I started it, though, now I'm sure I'll read the manga after the anime ends.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • lmao sorry. She's good. I love her voice. And her singing in the OP is pretty damn soothing too. <3; I'll make sure to remember her name and face from now on. :3

This series remained consistently pleasant to watch till the very end. The resolution of the first cour is pretty well done and stands on its own nicely. Zen's and Shirayuki's relationship progression felt pretty subtle and well done. I was expecting Obi to enter the ring and start a potential love triangle because he seemed to drop enough hints of him holding feelings for our red-haired protag (even in the last episode!) but I guess he's gonna brand it as an "unrequited love" and keep serving Zen and her as their retainer. Him getting involved would've increased the drama quotient of the series and I'm not sure if I would've liked that. Series doesn't seem like it would've benefited from the drama - conversely, probably would've made it a little unfocused and messy.

Although I'll be honest, I like Obi as a character quite a lot. So any development with him involved would've piqued my interest very easily. Here's to hope we get to see more of him in the second cour.

Back