• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I think these are just possessed Groudon and Kyogre, like in the Anime. Their veins are just glowing, that's it. They don't look any different to me, so Mega Evolutions are a no-go to me. Perhaps Archie/Maxie now succesfully posses these Pokémon?

I also found these rumours on 4chan which say something about 'Alpha form' and 'Omega form'.
    http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/19124302

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    These games have been confirmed to be remakes. Since the current timeline has XY after RSE it wouldn't make sense to have mega evolutions in the game at all.
    Aye, but Game Freak doesn't care a whole lot about the timeline (or doing things that make sense, for that matter). They'll just come up with some BS reason for why Mega Evolution is now in Hoenn, like they always do.

Besides, megas are fun.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Aye, but Game Freak doesn't care a whole lot about the timeline (or doing things that make sense, for that matter). They'll just come up with some BS reason for why Mega Evolution is now in Hoenn, like they always do.

I disagree. The only time they've ignored the timeline was by making trading between 5yh gen games possible without the use of timetravel. The only way I could see them bringing mega evolutions in is if the post game invoked a timeskip of some sort.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • These games have been confirmed to be remakes. Since the current timeline has XY after RSE it wouldn't make sense to have mega evolutions in the game at all.
    Oh, they have? Nintendo haven't really been ones to care about consistency of the timelines within their franchise, I honestly doubt that's going to have much of an effect on whether or not mega evolutions will exist or not, but we'll just have to see :p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I disagree. The only time they've ignored the timeline was by making trading between 5yh gen games possible without the use of timetravel. The only way I could see them bringing mega evolutions in is if the post game invoked a timeskip of some sort.

Not really. The Steel type is said to have been discovered by Jasmine during the time of GS, and yet that was later Retcon in RSE and the Kanto remakes (these last ones confirmed to take place before GS).

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Oh, they have? Nintendo haven't really been ones to care about consistency of the timelines within their franchise, I honestly doubt that's going to have much of an effect on whether or not mega evolutions will exist or not, but we'll just have to see :p

Yep. This page cpnfirms that they are remakes. And I would hope they don't contradict the timeline by bringing in mega evolutions but we'll see.

Not really. The Steel type is said to have been discovered by Jasmine during the time of GS, and yet that was later Retcon in RSE and the Kanto remakes (these last ones confirmed to take place before GS).

Ah. I never played the original RGBY or GSC so I was not aware of that contradiction.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yep. This page cpnfirms that they are remakes. And I would hope they don't contradict the timeline by bringing in mega evolutions but we'll see.
    Even if Mega Evolutions somehow contradict the semi-vague timeline Pokemon has going, Game Freak will just retcon it somehow.

We have to assume that ORAS wil be compatible with X/Y, which has mega evos. They'd have to include megas in ORAS simply for that. What if I'm playing on my Y and are battling someone playing Omega Ruby, and I try to mega evolve my Lucario but ORAS doesn't have mega evos in it? That's a bit of a problem.

Years
  • It's possible that the Mega stones could've come from the energy radiating from Mt. Pyre and Origin Cave which fill the void for Yvetal and Xerneas.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Aye, but Game Freak doesn't care a whole lot about the timeline (or doing things that make sense, for that matter). They'll just come up with some BS reason for why Mega Evolution is now in Hoenn, like they always do.

Besides, megas are fun.

I don't see what the problem would be if megas were in ORAS.
    FRLG are remakes of Gen I, where there was only 151 pokémon, yet you can actually catch 386.
    HGSS had many things added compared to the original, Many cameos, new areas and such.

BEsides, in Origins, which apperently takes place during RG, and they have megas

They'd be no problem with ORAS having them too.
    According to the timeline I've followed RS and FR are at the same time, or similar times.

So, it's not illogical for them to have megas.

If that makes sense.

Also: If they are megas, i guarantee that Red Orb and Blue Orb aare in fact Groudonite, and Kryogrite.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see what the problem would be if megas were in ORAS.
    FRLG are remakes of Gen I, where there was only 151 pokémon, yet you can actually catch 386.
    HGSS had many things added compared to the original, Many cameos, new areas and such.

BEsides, in Origins, which apperently takes place during RG, and they have megas

They'd be no problem with ORAS having them too.
    According to the timeline I've followed RS and FR are at the same time, or similar times.

So, it's not illogical for them to have megas.
    ....That's what I was saying. That there's no reason barring Game Freak from putting mega evolutions in ORAS.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • I don't see what the problem would be if megas were in ORAS.

Except those Pokemon always existed at the same time so it makes perfect sense for them to be catchable in FRLG. Mega evolutions were only discovered in XY which takes place years from RSE so having them in ORAS makes no sense and shouldn't be done.

Years
  • I think it'll be unfair if they give Groudon and Kyogre formes instead of Megas considering back in Gen IV formes existed and they didn't give any to Lugia and Ho-oh despite people wanting some formes for those two.

Years
  • Also it would make no sense for megas not to be in game. I will almost guarantee that mega Lati twins will be released some time after alpha and omega. I'm also thinking that the PSs will stay. For them not toinclude megas makes little sense(unless you follow.time.line). Wouldn't surprise me if the include a second region to. Maybe one where they.do get mega stones. (Would be perfect way to explain megas in the games and would be fun).
    Trust me megas will be in.the.game. But they could.just be new forms.

Plus if there were not megas it would not be comparable with x and y.

Compatible*

Last edited:

Years
  • Actually, RSE has no place in the Timeline yet. People just put it alongside Red and Blue because the Remakes were in Gen 3.

Exactly. All we know is that they take place sometime before B2W2. If we asume Steven is speaking of the player in HGSS than it may have taken place a year after RGBY, or a few months after those, or a few months before GSC and their remakes.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Actually, RSE has no place in the Timeline yet. People just put it alongside Red and Blue because the Remakes were in Gen 3.

Exactly. All we know is that they take place sometime before B2W2. If we asume Steven is speaking of the player in HGSS than it may have taken place a year after RGBY, or a few months after those, or a few months before GSC and their remakes.

Wrong. The official timeline was posted here from one of the people who makes the games. It says that RGBY are at the same time as RSE followed by GSC which is at the same time as DPPt followed by BW which is followed by BW2 which is at the same time as XY.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Do we have something a little more....official....than a tweet from someone?

TBH Platina, you're in the minority of people who seriously care about Pokémon's timeline. The timeline is hardly important to the overall franchise. It'd be different if Pokémon was a really story-driven series, but (unfortunately) its not, so the continuity of the timeline doesn't impact things much.

It's probably just going to be like the whole thing with Steel and Dark types only first being discovered in G/S/C, only to have them retcon that in FR/LG even though Steel and Dark never existed in the originals. It'll be the same with mega evolutions, and it really wouldn't make the games any worse if they did include it.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Unfortunately that is the only source for the official timeline that I have seen.

While it's true that I'm in the minority, I can still hope that Gamefreak doesn't contradict themselves by bringing mega evolutions into the game.

Years
  • Unfortunately that is the only source for the official timeline that I have seen.

While it's true that I'm in the minority, I can still hope that Gamefreak doesn't contradict themselves by bringing mega evolutions into the game.

They contradict themselves everytime they make a remake, as the new Pokemon discovered after the generation they came out were said to be discovered at another time. Actually if RSE does take place at the same time as RGBY than steel types and Johto Pokemon contradict the time line as Johto's shouldn't have been discovered...actually Hoenn Pokemon didn't even exist in Johto so they made a whole contradiction loop there...

Back