• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

blue

gucci
Years
  • Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes - Serebii.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes - Serebii.
    Thanks for reposting that. We know they aren't fancy looks like the HGSS mini icons of the legends. Now to figure out if they're like White and Black Kyurem (formes) or like MegaMewtwo Y (Megas).

Years
  • Wrong. The official timeline was posted here from one of the people who makes the games. It says that RGBY are at the same time as RSE followed by GSC which is at the same time as DPPt followed by BW which is followed by BW2 which is at the same time as XY.

That's clearly wrong though? Loads of X/Y stuff alludes to stuff after BW2 (reformed Colress visiting Kalos, for example.)

Years
  • That's clearly wrong though? Loads of X/Y stuff alludes to stuff after BW2 (reformed Colress visiting Kalos, for example.)

There was actually no mention of Colress being reformed when he visited Kalos. He may have visited there before B2W2. Also the Plasma that was talked about may be the original Plasma from BW and not the one from the sequels...XY is in a similar case as RSE it seems.

Ontopic: I doubt they're formes, it just feels like GF is focusing on Megas right now with formes being something of the last two generations (mascot wise, as Gen III was the first to have real formes).

Yukari

...I'm praying it isn't either... I really don't want it to be a form change or mega evolutions... Besides, since it's a remake it really wouldn't make much sense. I've had enough with them.

Years
  • ...I'm praying it isn't either... I really don't want it to be a form change or mega evolutions... Besides, since it's a remake it really wouldn't make much sense. I've had enough with them.

Well they called them "new Pokemon" which they've used with both formes and Megas. So unless it's either then that only leaves evolutions which is even more out there...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Well they called them "new Pokemon" which they've used with both formes and Megas. So unless it's either then that only leaves evolutions which is even more out there...

They also said that these are going to be a "new" adventure or take place in a "new" world or something, even though ORAS is confirmed to be straight up remakes of Ruby/Sapphire. I think that TPC is just throwing around the word new because it sounds nice and they didn't know what else to say. I think that they used the same terminology with FR/LG and HG/SS.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Except those Pokemon always existed at the same time so it makes perfect sense for them to be catchable in FRLG. Mega evolutions were only discovered in XY which takes place years from RSE so having them in ORAS makes no sense and shouldn't be done.

It was actually discovered before you start your journey in XY, Korrina had the ability to do so, and Diantha, and Lysnadre got it too.
    What's not to say it;s a long line of ancestory.

Despite that, i still don't why people don't want it in ORAS, the whole "timeline" reason is pathetic in my eyes.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • It was actually discovered before you start your journey in XY, Korrina had the ability to do so, and Diantha, and Lysnadre got it too.

Despite that, i still don't why people don't want it in ORAS, the whole "timeline" reason is pathetic in my eyes.

That doesn't change the fact that it was stated to have been discovered recently. And no, the timeline reasoning is a legitimate reason to not want them in the game.

Years
  • Please note that recently is a vague term as 5 years can be considered recent in terms of discoveries. It's possible that while Mega Evolution was discovered in Kalos that it was also uncovered in other regions since.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    That doesn't change the fact that it was stated to have been discovered recently. And no, the timeline reasoning is a legitimate reason to not want them in the game.
    Actually, iirc, Mega Evolution was discovered in Kalos a long time before X/Y. I remember hearing about it when you first visit the Tower of Mastery.

Also, you're going to have to explain why the timeline reasoning is a good one.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Since there isn't really a "good" enough deciphered official timeline, it never find it a good enough reason.
    Mega was only recently discovered in Kalos, each reason has there own secrets, Hoenn could of mastered it, and just kept it secret.

Years
  • Since there isn't really a "good" enough deciphered official timeline, it never find it a good enough reason.
    Mega was only recently discovered in Kalos, each reason has there own secrets, Hoenn could of mastered it, and just kept it secret.

Perhaps a secret section of the region knows about it. Perhaps they also know of another legend not available to the elders in Mt. Pyre about the forms we see in the box art.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Perhaps a secret section of the region knows about it. Perhaps they also know of another legend not available to the elders in Mt. Pyre about the forms we see in the box art.

I keep saying, and I hope; There's more dwelling into the Red and Blue Orb.
    Like, they could easily be Mega stones, Groudonite and Kryogreite.
    The Mega forms of Kryogre and Groudon could be what cause the obscene and dramatic weather effects reeking havoc on the east side of Hoenn.

It makes a more justified solution than, they're awoken and cause havoc, but as soon as you catch them, their weather effects are useless.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Actually, iirc, Mega Evolution was discovered in Kalos a long time before X/Y. I remember hearing about it when you first visit the Tower of Mastery.

Also, you're going to have to explain why the timeline reasoning is a good one.

Nope. We're never told when Mega Evolution was found other than that it is new and only found in Kalos.

And it should be obvious why the timeline reasonins is a good one in that introducing Mega Evolutions to the remakes breaks canon.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Nope. We're never told when Mega Evolution was found other than that it is new and only found in Kalos.

And it should be obvious why the timeline reasonins is a good one in that introducing Mega Evolutions to the remakes breaks canon.

There's no solid proof or evidence that it's Kalos only.

As I mentioned Origins has Mega's in Kanto.
    It's based on Red and Green, and Gen 1 took place the same time as Generation 3, so in retrospect, it can have mega evolution.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now

If only I could see that point in the game to confirm...

And now you're going to have to explain why breaking the canon (which Game Freak has done before) is a bad thing in Pokémon. It's a bad thing in other games, but I don't see how its so terrible in Pokémon.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • There's no solid proof or evidence that it's Kalos only.

As I mentioned Origins has Mega's in Kanto.
    It's based on Red and Green, and Gen 1 took place the same time as Generation 3, so in retrospect, it can have mega evolution.

Wrong again. Professor Sycamore explicitly says that Mega Evolutions are only in Kalos. To quote:

"It's only a hypothesis, but I think the bond between Pokémon and Trainer is the key to this new Evolution. But what is this bond, exactly? And why are there examples of Mega Evolution only in the Kalos region? There's still so much we don't know..."

Origins is irrelevant as what is canon to other parts of the franchise is not canon to the games.

If only I could see that point in the game to confirm...

And now you're going to have to explain why breaking the canon (which Game Freak has done before) is a bad thing in Pokémon. It's a bad thing in other games, but I don't see how its so terrible in Pokémon.

I should think it would be obvious why breaking canon is a bad thing. And no Game Freak hasn't done so before. They've retconned things but I don't think they would retcon something so recent.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Wrong again. Professor Sycamore explicitly says that Mega Evolutions are only in Kalos. To quote:

Origins is irrelevant as what is canon to other parts of the franchise is not canon to the games.
    From that point, it's saying Mega Evolutions were only seen within the Kalos region. Not saying it's only in the region itself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I should think it would be obvious why breaking canon is a bad thing. And no Game Freak hasn't done so before. They've retconned things but I don't think they would retcon something so recent.
    Just humor me. It might not be obvious to everyone, and when you're the only one making the argument, you might as well explain.

And the things that they've retconned could fall under the category of canon-breaking. Steel was originally stated to be a new type to be found in Johto region, yet it appears in FR/LG, which takes place before G/S/C/HG/SS. Besides, you never know what Game Freak is gonna do, cuz of dat #GameFreakLogic.

Back