• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: POCKET GAIDEN (current: v1.3)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey guys, I am seeing a lot of double posting (a couple triple posts) in this thread. I merged all of them but please refrain from doing so since it can be considered spam. It's usually reserved for the thread owner in case of updates.

Years
Oof it's getting long for me , Can you contact me again by discord if you need help ? I don't want to pollute my posts everywhere by screenshots xD . Here is my disc : DarkBegin#9187

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
it's been a while since i've been on pokecommunity and man this hack looks really good. thanks for your hard work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Fling doesn't seem to work properly. I tried equipping the Hard Stone and using Fling (should make it 100 Power) but it did less than Thief/Bite (60 Power).

sNicolasS151

NicolasS
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen yesterday
Uma hack curta mais ótima, adorei!.
Terá atualizações ou continuação?, Quando?, além disso quais seus planos?.
Há ha, muitas dúvidas mais é quê adoro hacks com história própria e criativas, principalmente quando agente inicia com um pokémon diferente.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Hey, Mantager! Congratulations for your work with this rom hack. It's truly engaging, fresh and really well done, especially since you only had 40 days to develop it. I won't definitely forget about this game, as it made playing Pokémon a truly fresh experience for me once again. I hope we can hear from you soon!

Meanwhile, I'd like to report a bug. It's not game-breaking, but a bit annoying and it forced me to save the game before every trainer battle. When my Pokémon use moves that involve stealing or removing held items from opponents (namely Dedenne's Covet and Farfetch'd's Knock Off) the game sometimes crashes or soft-resets and I'm suddenly forced to restart from where I last saved.

I remember this happening in two particular trainer battles: in the Ace-Trainer that uses a team of Digglet/Dugtrio (in one of the puzzles chamber) and in the Lass trainer that's located immediately before you meet the Oracle at his cave. There were other instances where I was able to steal held items with no bugs or problems. But in those two particular situations, it was kind of an issue. It made me feel cautious before using such moves. I'm using VisualBoyAdvance Link 1.8.3. - I don't know if it's a problem of this specific emulator.

Either way: congrats for your hard work!

EDIT: I played the game a little further, and I can confirm that this glitch also happens when I use Knock Off against a certain Torkoal. I think it only glitches against specific opponents/Pokémon, so it's not a random thing. Maybe it has something to do with the specific items they are holding?

Last edited:

PkmnFan193

I noticed a tiny bug in Linking Cave. Wanted to report it. When coming into the cave from the forest, you can go on the tile above the cave exit.

I recorded a small clip demonstrating it. It's not game breaking by any means. You just go back down again.
imgur.com/9AQwUtK

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Great game, I love the fact that this game makes the Berry moves useful, and the pick-your-Pokemon approach with the limited Pokeballs + 100% catch rate was very refreshing. I did find some bugs and notes, and so I'll list them here:

The description for Focus Sash and Zoom Lens doesn't fit in the text box in the bag.
Torkoal (Custap Berry) and Pancham (Rowap Berry) crashes the game every time I use Bug Bite or Thief on them. Rowap also doesn't activate when it should.
Using Air Cutter against Smeargle caused my Woobat to have recoil like Double-Edge (except Smeargle didn't act that turn due to Attract).
Air Cutter also did the same with Conkeldurr, but with an attack/defense drop like if it used Super Power (which Conkeldurr did use the same turn, even though it was papalized).
(both of the above happened only once over multiple battles against both trainers.)
Mummy activated against 2-turn moves like Dig and Bounce on the first turn.

And some tile issues here: https://imgur.com/a/f7EPFMK

I also wanted to say that it would be nice that the Pokémon in the final area is bumped up from 14-16 to 16-19. I had a team of level 21-22 average Pokémon by the time I reached the boss of Dark City, and it was over an hour to get my Pokémon leveled enough to be able to take him on.

There is 2 move tutors for Nature Power. Though the second one is free it still fells redundant.

And finally was there only 5 Pokéballs available? That was all I found in game.

The music puzzle has the music tiles as CDEFGABc, but from what I've seen it should be cDEFGABC. I'm not any way an expert on music, it's just what everything I have been seeing was saying.

Emulator used mGBA 8.1 and GBARunner2.

Final team: Dedenne, Woobat, Yamask, Carnavine, Torkoal (traded for Grimer).

Overall though it's a very nice game, would definitely recommend.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Hello, everyone.
My, I'm very glad that so many people played and enjoyed this little hack.
Since this is just a little Game Jam side story, I'm unlikely to release any more updates after this.
Hopefully, I can release more Pocket Gaiden hacks in the future.

Until then, please enjoy v1.3, which has a few new bug fixes and additions.
Download (v1.3): https://mega.nz/file/FNoEnY4D#DYV5qh9_A2lXSntZPcHCmYm7Tva84_JSyrbJ6ijwEhk

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 6, 2021
I can't enter the oracle cave, it goes through the entrance and doesn't actually get into it, do you know how to solve this issue or is it a new game breaking bug of v1.3?

Back