• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Daily Card Price News (PriceWatch)

Bradaction

TCG player - 34th Brisbane Regional Championships,
Years
  • Hello All!
    Recently on the Trading Card Game Forum, I have begun writing some post on the daily fluctuation of prices, and I would love be able to convert it into article format and put it on Daily. I've noticed that their does not seem to be very much Trading Card Game content on Daily (Except of course in the review section) and I would love the opportunity to change that by writing daily/weekly analysis on the prices of Pokemon cards and why they are the way they are.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Brad :)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think that'd be neat to explore and have a record on, and TCG articles have viewed decently on Daily too.

Daily articles might be a tad too frequent as it'd drown out other news (plus that's a fair bit of work to maintain!), but perhaps rather something every week or so tracking how prices have changed in that time? Or an article out each week or so, and you update it as often as you like with new data until the next article - that's also doable. If you intend for multiple articles, then we can also set up an article series for it.

Bradaction

Years
  • Firstly thanks for the reply.
    I actually think that's quite a good idea, because especially now that I am beginning to track data from over 6 different sets, it could become very difficult to compile. And I agree with the drowning out thing- makes sense

Years
  • Perhaps this can be a monthly thing to look at? Or we could do monthly plus breaking changes (like x gets banned in Expanded, expect deep loss in value, etc).

Last edited:

Bradaction

Years
  • Perhaps that would be very good- but I think players would prefer weekly as it gives them a quick heads up once a week.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Weekly sounds fine to aim for. I would refrain from putting 'weekly' in the title of the article, is all, as real life things can come up and delay articles.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I can dig this idea. It's a good way to get more TCG content onto Daily, and even for people who don't play, price values can be helpful to know for collection purposes. As a weekly series, this gets a +1 from me.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm not too knowledgeable about TCG, but this sounds helpful indeed! I agree with it being a weekly thing.

+1

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Perhaps that would be very good- but I think players would prefer weekly as it gives them a quick heads up once a week.
    Definitely more than enough approval for this. Please send me a desired username (can be the same as forum) and email address (likewise) so I can set up a Daily account for you, so you can work on the first article. Can be sent over PM too.

Back