• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Having A Little Problem Playing The Hack, Downloaded A Clean Emerald Rom, Ips & The .Ips File, Patched The Rom, Says It Worked. Start The Game & Get A White Screen. Did A Little Research & I Had To Change The Save To 128k, Did That And Now The Game Will Only Play The Base Emerald Game Without The Patch (Tried Patching 3 More Times, Still Didn't Work) Any Suggestions?

Tried A Few More Hacks, Light Platinum & Emerald Omega & It Did The Same Thing.

I've also had this issue, you figured anything out yet?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2022
    Just one small problem. So I'm playing a Nuzlocke run with Expert Emerald and when I got to Dewford Town, I attempted to use the Old Rod to get an encounter at the above Route 106. Right now, I am at about 100 fishing rods and it's always "Not even a nibble...". Were any Pokemon coded in Route 106 or is it just me? Thanks for addressing my problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2017
    Hey I was just simply wondering if someone can link a download for Pokemon Expert Emerald here for GBA4IOS. I have spent hours searching for a possible download to only get fake downloads that don't work or links that won't let me download it. It seems like an amazing thing to play and I truly want! It would help greatly, thanks.

PikaPatch

YouTube - SuperSonic6
    Years
  • Featured and gave credit to your ROM Hack in this video!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2018
    Ooooooooh yes, all the ability, moveset and other minor changes are godly! Especially the Abilities and Movesets! Scizor with speed boost! Whattt!

Damn no physical/special split, rip.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2019
    Heyyy, this is a great challenging game. A fresh take on emerald because the trainers are surprising and often kill me. So.. Question, how do i evolve electebuzz into electevire? Or cant you? I rlly rlly want an electevire. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2017
    Hi, thanks for this awesome hack!

However, i met some problems. it seems there is a glitch at fortree's gym and the game restarts on its own. i am unable to proceed with battling winona...

the glitch happens during the double battle with birdkeeper eduardo.

please help >.<

Attachments

• funny.jpg
      funny.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 48
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2019
    Hey guys, can someone tell me how to get thick club apart from the wild cubone? Thanks.

Years
  • I'm really enjoying this rom hack, however, I've been searching route 112 for about an hour and have found 0 scythers. Did scyther's location change, or is it just a 1% encounter? Any information is appreciated, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I have one Humongous problem with your romhack, and it can be summed up in two words. Accuracy and Evasion. Seriously, your romhack is basically impossible to properly nuzlocke for these two words, specifically the Tabitha fight on Mt. Chimney. You picked an already defensive mon with mountains of HP, buffed its weak Defense and Attack from 5 to 60, making them unexploitable, and gave it MINIMIZE. Never mind that you also gave it to her Sunflora, which you could have just made a Sun team with it as a special sweeper with Chlorophyll and Solarbeam if you really wanted to make it hard instead of frustrating, but you basically created a mon that anything on-par couldn't hit and kill before it could set up and proceed to sweep with Egg Bomb and Body Slam, which are now capable of sweeping you instead of stalling you because IT HAS 12 TIMES THE ATTACK AND DEFENSE. Also, is it just me or did you nerf its EXP yield?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    The difficulty wasn't terribly noteworthy until I reached Wattson. Jolteon and Lanturn were a bloody nightmare. I think Manectric would have been as well if I hadn't gotten a lucky couple of critical hits with Blaziken. Considering the Magneton in your game have actually got Levitate, I'm a bit surprised it didn't make an appearance in his team.

I'm currently at the Lavaridge gym, and I'm going to assume the Bug Catcher with six level 66 Pokemon (I assume all six of them are; I didn't make it past the first) isn't meant to be there, because he's very out of place otherwise.

I love the variety your take on the game provides. I've been using Octillery, Nidorino, Umbreon, and Forretress in addition to a couple of Pokemon that can be found in the actual game and it's been a lot of fun, especially with the type changes you've made. I hadn't even realised that Remoraid was part-Psychic until I used it in the Dewford gym and Karate Chops weren't very effective. Everyone and their mother having multiple healing items and Double Team/Minimize is beyond annoying, but that's adaptable.

Well done. I look forward to the rest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Sorry for bumping, but I am fuming at Wattson. Double Team, Moomoo Milk spamming, then Rest spamming on Jolteon. All that made me wipe out the PP for both Body Slam and Mud Shot on my Marshtomp. That's absolutely cruel. Liquid Crystal had that annoying healing item spam from every single trainer, and this hack is not far removed from that. Okay, the evasion stuff is horrible, but that does involve strategy to an extent. Healing item spamming does not, it's a total PP waster and makes battles tedious, and pokemon games should never be tedious. I can see now why there's a Berry seller right next to Wattson's gym, Leppa berry is necessary. Not to mention Shock Wave, which can't miss, and by this point. What unmissable moves the player gets by then? Aerial Ace? No, plus it wouldn't be so effective. Hmm, Swift? Better, but I don't think there's no Aipom before Wattson, who is the only mon that has it as STAB. Others are either not available or learn Swift at too high a level.

I am thankful because I was tired heading into this, but now this energized me with rage and is keeping me from sleeping.

By the way, I try not to use items during battles, self-imposed handicap for every Pokemon game I play. So the abundance of healing item spamming on the NPC side always angers me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Hello all
    Posting today to ask permission from Blue to post a Rom hack based on this with the PSS split and many Quality of life enhancements and Generation 6 updated moves for I feel many would like to play your hack this way and have I seen requests for this please let me know and I will post the lunar IPS file for download and it has been fully tested to work properly and also everyone please let me know and sound out about this...

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hello all
    Posting today to ask permission from Blue to post a Rom hack based on this with the PSS split and many Quality of life enhancements and Generation 6 updated moves for I feel many would like to play your hack this way and have I seen requests for this please let me know and I will post the lunar IPS file for download and it has been fully tested to work properly and also everyone please let me know and sound out about this...

Personally, I'd love to play the more modernized version of this hack, although I still suggest you wait on Blue to grant you permission.

Last edited:
    Back