• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
  • I love this hack. I have an idea though. Why don't you give Brawly, Wattson and Roxanne 6 pokemon each like you did the other gym leaders. Also are the Match Call rematches updated as well? Also I don't have Microsoft Word on my computer, so is there a way the documents could be made differently?

Edit: I actually figured out how to see the documents without Microsoft Word, I just changed the document settings to see in Wordpad form. I just now want to see if you would want to give Roxanne, Brawly and Wattson 6 pokemon each, and if the Match Call rematches are updated as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Just got to Lavaridge in the hack, and loving it so far (except the lack of relatively quick grinding spots: Had to spend a few hours grinding levels in that little hidden patch of grass south/west of Meteor Falls).

I have run into an issue, however, with Rusturf Tunnel and the Lavaridge Gym: I can't see the layout of the floor, as it's all covered by fog/steam. Only sprites can be seen, with the rest being just the fog.

A picture of what I'm talking about: imgur.com/hOnMTLd. That's just inside the Lavaridge Gym.

Other, smaller issues I've found are the capitalization errors on the Trace ability ('Porygon TRacED Blaziken's Blaze'), and Wally referring to his Ralts/Kirlia as 'KaltsA' in the dialogue prior to the Mauville fight. The heart scale in Mauville keeps respawning, and the Team Aqua Member in Slateport gave me two eggs, too. There are a few others, but the ones above and the Lavaridge Gym/Rusturf Tunnel issues are the main ones.

Once again, love the hack. It's a pretty big challenge, which is something I think I needed after burning out on the series.

EDIT: Found another issue. While using a map to navigate Lavaridge Gym, I ran into a trainer there with a level 66 Masquerain. I don't know what his other Pokemon are, as that Masquerain wiped my level 40ish team with ease. He's on the bottom floor of the gym, in the middle-left room, upper right corner.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Amazing Hack!

But can someone tell me why my Natu hasn't evolved in to Xatu at level 25? I didn't see any changes in the word document

EDIT: Evolved at level 28

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I can't wait to replay this hack again! I might have to find some way to get my team back again, since I feel that a restart is required to get some of the new features (since I've tried using a save data from 1.42 and played 1.5 and could not find the elusive Moltres).

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    Small issue I'm having. Played fine on an earlier patch but after updating to 1.5 I decided to restart and now when I try to fight the third trainer you find, it just gets stuck on a black screen... worked fine before but now I can't get passed this guy

Edit: the third trainer on route 102 to be more exact and also, when i battled may the first time she had two mudkips instead of a mudkip and a skitty (i started with torchic) Also, continuing my earlier playthrough, there is a swimmer in the lower right of the map, near ever grande city who whenever i enter a battle with her it just resets the rom. Not sure how to describe her, shes just swimming back and forth in a straight line.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Great hack and a very enjoyable experience. I am almost completely done with the game but cannot find Delibird for the life of me. I have tried both in Shoal Cave (~500 wild pokemon encountered) and Route 119 (~300 wild pokemon encountered) which are the two places it is listed in the wild pokemon location guide. Is it possible this got updated in game but not in the guide? Also is there a specific part of shoal cave I should look in?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I played Pokémon Expert emerald beta 1.5, but I noticed that some Pokémon, like blaziken and sceptile, always having a cracking sound after their cry. Is it a bug or something?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    how come it wont let me download the hack? Everytime I go to click on the link, it opens a new page but nothing ever loads? I'm really interested in trying this game out, so any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • how come it wont let me download the hack? Everytime I go to click on the link, it opens a new page but nothing ever loads? I'm really interested in trying this game out, so any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

You should be able to download it from this link or try clicking the attachment on the first page.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    sorry I did not checked all the comments on this thread, until what pokemon generation available in this game? look foward to try this

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2018
    Hi Blue, I'm really enjoying this hack (much like Complex Crystal) and my Bug monotype is coming along nicely (although I'm fearing facing Flannery!!)

Speaking of Flannery, I just wanted to repeat a comment from another member on here who mentioned a trainer (Bug Catcher Jeffrey) in the Lavaridge Gym having a level 66 Masquerain which completely swept my team. Just wanted to bring that to your attention. Additionally, it's been mentioned before as well but the Heart Scale located in Mauville is respawning.

Once again, thanks for making such a good hack and I'm very thankful for some of the buffs you've given to Bug types in particular - it's made this run much more enjoyable. Best wishes :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2016
    I'm completely caught off guard by the Bug Catcher inside Flannery's Gym with 6 Pokemon, each of which is at Lv66.

Killed 1 Masquerade then the Venomoth just proceeded to wipe out my team.

EDIT: With some save load state, I managed to beat him with my Double Team Typhlosion thou

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2021
    Having A Little Problem Playing The Hack, Downloaded A Clean Emerald Rom, Ips & The .Ips File, Patched The Rom, Says It Worked. Start The Game & Get A White Screen. Did A Little Research & I Had To Change The Save To 128k, Did That And Now The Game Will Only Play The Base Emerald Game Without The Patch (Tried Patching 3 More Times, Still Didn't Work) Any Suggestions?

Tried A Few More Hacks, Light Platinum & Emerald Omega & It Did The Same Thing.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    I'm having so much fun playing this hack; I decided to make an account on here to let you know that this is pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a game, it has the nostalgia of emerald, and gives me the ability to be the completionist I have never been able to be before whilst playing a pokemon game! I'm currently playing this on my GBA SP and it's just so perfect. If there is ever anything I can help with on your future projects then please don't hesitate to ask... Thanks so much. :3c

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Quick FYI! Doduo at the start of the game with peck if you start Treeko is absolutely brutal! Rip!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Quick FYI! Doduo at the start of the game with peck if you start Treeko is absolutely brutal! Rip!

Same for Poliwag with Bubble if you pick Torchic or Bellsprout with Vine Whip if you pick Mudkip. (Atleast Mudkip has Sturdy)
    But seriously, they're level 4 mons & won't even let me escape. This is a tad bit much for literally the second route of the game!

Back