• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@TornZero: Well, for the record, pokespirit wielders are a significant deal stronger than even the trainer owned pokemon of old. Legendary Pokemon are wild. In the games, trained pokemon are approximately 10% stronger than equivalent wild pokemon. I'd estimate that pokespirit wielders can fluctuate between 20%-40% stronger than equivalent wild pokemon depending on how well the human and pokemon spirit synchronize and work together, as well as how good the relationship is between the two.

I'm really handing spoilers to you right now, but basically I'll tell you that I say these things based off of lore, all of it from the games, and some of it somewhat secret. I'd say that if you wanted, there are methods of having your character learn about lore. A convenient trip to Canclave, where a ruined library is still intact, would be an excellent place to start. However, a book or two could wind up anywhere over the region, especially in the hands of the adults, who very likely turn to searching ancient mythology for answers to their problems at this point.

But I see what you mean.

@Machomuu: Well, I mean, the absense of levels in the RP doesn't change the fact that they give us a relative strength to go by when dealing with unique canon characters like legendary pokemon. Legendaries would not/will not godmod. I don't like that trope anyway.

@espoengirl: You're welcome. c: Let me know if there's anything I can do for you or help you with.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

@Machomuu: Well, I mean, the absense of levels in the RP doesn't change the fact that they give us a relative strength to go by when dealing with unique canon characters like legendary pokemon. Legendaries would not/will not godmod. I don't like that trope anyway.
As far as RPs go, I feel the same way. Personally I do think they should have incredible power to compliment the magnitude of their elements of governance, but as characters I don't think they fit; far too many power imbalances and other discrepancies. Plus, they're depicted in canon as being far too weak to have the strength you'd expect from "legendaries (I mean, they did canonize the capture of one, technically two legendaries, one of which governs Yin/Yang, so that tells you something about how strong they are). It's sad, really, since they are mostly literally embodiments of facets of reality, you'd think they'd have incredible power. Oh well, I blame childhood ambition.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@machomuu: The problem is that /normal/ pokemon have incredible superpowers. You're comparing legendaries to them as if normal pokemon are some dog on the street, when in reality fire pokemon can generally burn through any known substance, electric pokemon power civilization, psychic pokemon are pretty self-explanatory. Ghost pokemon are the /masters of death itself/. (See, pokemon are immortal, and will simply reincarnate unless a ghost pokemon kills them due to their soul eating tendencies.) Etcetera

Legendary pokemon tend to have maybe one to two extra quirks that don't necessarily imply extra strength at all but rather an expanded horizon of powers to wield when you consider that pokemon already had insane superpowers to begin with.

With the exception of certain legendaries such as Arceus in Mewtwo, but their levels are at 80. Compare that to a champion at the top of their game at maybe 74-77 per pokemon and you determine that yes, they're far too strong to be taking on one versus one, but not so much that they can pull an action movie and take out an entire team of competent pokemon working together against them. |D

Being legendary seems to have more to do with uniqueness and unique quirks, considering there are plenty of normal pokemon, such as Tyranitar, that are honestly much stronger than most legendaries.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Fair enough, it does seem to take away from that "terrible power" when you see them on the same level as normal pokemon, which in reality, they may be. Groudon, for instance, seems to be this incredibly powerful Godzilla-esque creature, and he is, with Kyogre's help he can literally create continents, but it could still be taken down by a Blastoise. It saddens me, really, in the sense of power over substance.

Growing up, I've always seen legendaries as these "uber-powerful" beasts that were almost literally gods in terms of power, when in reality they're simply "Uber-Rare" pokemon that the universe may depend...uh, wait, let me rephrase that. In reality they're simply "Uber-Rare" pokemon that may have incredibly important abilities, but regardless of that importance they may not actually have something other than a stat boost. In other words, they're simply pokemon, incredibly small in species, that are just a little bit more special. Zekrom and Reshiram proved that legendaries aren't actually that powerful by comparison...and that realization really takes away from how I feel about the series. The games, anyway, I still have Pokemon Special and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
@dcjboi - Your first question is the topic at hand currently.. As for your second

Was answered already on the last page ;)

Thanks, When I logged back in you brought it to my attention that I skipped an entire page. Sorry about that.

Also It is disappointing how a creature that created most of the oceans/land in the world can get defeated so easily. They are made to look like titans and then compared to what they truly are and the feats/stories of them, they seem to be like shadows of their former selves or something. If legendary were made into NPCs, they shouldn't be common to battle or accessible by someone who is weak/alone depending on what is needed to reach the legendary and they also should be relatively strong. Yellow seems to be a well-seasoned RPer so I'm not worried about the outcome of this.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
...In conclusion legendaries are a bad idea. Seriously, we need to be over the notion that legendaries are some kind of gods before I can even consider that. Because, no offense, but I try to give you guys quality lore, and that notion slaps lore in the face in favor of a huuuge cliche. Arceus is the only Pokemon I can even remotely treat that way without feeling like I'm breaking canon. So...--

Regardless, I assure you I'll be throwing NPC challenges of very strong non-legendary pokemon with interesting quirks. Lucy and anyone that accompanies her will witness a pretty dark NPC on their way to Mt. Coronet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Okay, I get legendaries as pokespirits as a bad idea but what about fighting the Big 3 (Palkia, Dialgia,Giratina). You know finding a way into their realm and fighting them. Also I'm still looking for someone to interact with.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Okay, I get legendaries as pokespirits as a bad idea but what about fighting the Big 3 (Palkia, Dialgia,Giratina). You know finding a way into their realm and fighting them. Also I'm still looking for someone to interact with.
Because they kinda control time, space, and the borders of the fabric of reality. If one of them went down then the universe would be screwed.

Dawn

Years
@Hereto: Alright. About your app. Sorry about the wait.

You understand that Pokespirits are separate entities and not something you 'turn into', right? Rather, you fuse with them. You also do not take the form of a Pokemon. I say this because both of these things are actually against the rules even if you wanted your character to be different in those ways, as they violate the RP's canon in a rather extreme way.

(When you fuse, you are gain some Pokemon features, such as a tail, or special ears, perhaps a second set of arms. You are still clearly recognizable as human however.)

As a rule of thumb, at absolute most your character's face must still be recognizable as human when fused.

I bring this up because the way you phrased things in your app concerns me. (Similarly, while Hearthrome is in an extreme state of disrepair where I'd estimate at least 50% of it's buildings have suffered major structual damage of some sort, I wouldn't ever use the term ruins to describe it.)

Lastly, do you think you could explain who this group of adults he murdered are and what significance they hold to him? (Did he know them? Were they somehow related to the murder of Mike? If not, why exactly did he choose them and not others?) While I'm at it, is there any particular reason your character's parents decided they hated kids?

These details would make your history longer and improve your SU. c:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: Boston Jargis

Nickname (Optional):Boss or Jarg

Age (10-13): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Appearance: Boston is 5'5, about 120 pounds, and has long green hair that reaches his shoulders. He has muscular arms, and is a quite fast. He always wears a long sleeved navy blue shirt with a Cascade Badge displayed on the front. He keeps his sleeves rolled up and wears dark blue jeans and a navy beanie. He also has a blue backpack that Mike gave him before he died. He fought a gang once by himself, and was cut across the chest deeply by a knife. He also has deep, navy colored eyes with red flecks in them. He always wears blue trainers with neon blue shoe laces and black outlines.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): He's very defensive of himself and people who have earned his respect. He used to be a trouble maker, and still is if it involves adults. He tends to be a bit arrogant, but is really sweet if you take the time to know him. He used to be quite a jerk, but has taken the road to becoming nicer. The only reason he survived the wilderness was by searching for whatever berries and bark he could find. He wants to destroy every adult that would even dream of attaking kids, and will stop at nothing to do so. He has a war cry, "Viva la children!!"

History: Boston grew up in Eterna City where some adults hate children and some don't. His parents abandoned him due to the fact that he was a child. The only reason they did so is because he had an older brother who participated in the war, and he killed his aunt and uncle, who fought with the adults. As he got older, he tended to pick fights with the ones that didn't, which led to him getting in trouble quite a bit. His parents moved to Jubilife at a young age, for they hated children. He was alone until one kind teenager named Mike Wizowski found him and took him under his wing. They stayed together through thick and thin, but eventually agents from Jubilife kidnapped and killed Mike. They were part of a gang of adults who despised adults who talked to, fraternized with, or helped children. Boston discovered about his Pokespirit then and there. He sprouted cannons from his shoulders, and grew a shell on his back. He waltzed into Jubilife City, slaughtering adults with his mighty Hydro Pump Hyper Beam combo. In a fit of anger, he fled to Hearthome City in hopes of joining the kid resistance.

Pokéspirit (No legendaries. Alternate color schemes are allowed.)
Species: Blastoise

Nickname (Optional): Polo

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want): He's excactly like Boston in terms of personality.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Hydro Pump,Focus Blast,Iron Defense,Rapid Spin,Mirror Coat,Hyper Beam

Other (Optional): Only uses one cannon for Hydro Pump and Focus Blast, and when he's in deep trouble, uses one for Hydro Pump and one for Hyper Beam. His shell is a metallic silver.

Opening Post: Boston stumbled out of the forest, and gaped at the ruins of Hearthome City. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's free of adults, and that's good enough for me. He started to walk towards it. It had been mere days since they had killed Mike, and his heart was pumping with hatred. I know that fellow wielders would help me get revenge. They have too! Mike, I won't let you down buddy. I WILL avenge you! Believe it! He clenched his fist with determination and continued walking. These guys hate adults just as much as me, I'm sure of it! He dug around in his pack for one of the many interesting things he found during his journeys: a piece of wood that mysteriously like a wave. It always calms him to look at it. I'm sorry Mike...I couldn't get there in time. It's all my fault...

He ate the last of the Oran Berries he had gathered hours ago as he entered the city gate. He had been living off of whatever berries and edible bark he could find, which in all honesty wasn't that much. He had managed to put off weight, which was bad at the current times. He couldn't fuse due to the fact that he would merely rage and destroy anything. Where could I find the leader here? He wondered around spotting handfuls of kids here or there, but no one seemed to notice the lost, hungry kid with a scar. "Hello? Where is the leader?" he called out hoping for a response.

How's this?

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
o, ok - seemed i miss understood that part yellow, thought they could either appear in a human form or a hybrid form, not permantly in hybrid :) but know that i know that, ive still got a cool image for hybrid :D

Dawn

Years
@Zagan: You can de-fuse. However, doing this makes you effectively human. Meaning if you happen to get hit by an attack, it's going to mess you up very badly, and human weapons such as blades or a fist will be effective. Etcetera.

What you can't do is turn into a pokespirit or Pokemon for that matter. Pokespirit wielders, physically speaking, resemble humans more than they do Pokemon usually. This is because the human form is dominant in the transformation. (Because pokespirits, y'know, don't have bodies.)

However, there are certain instances of a pokespirit dominating their host mentally. This usually requires a less friendly spirit, and is not something that happens on accident.

@Hereto: Let's see... This is... better! It's not all that much longer, but the actual content feels much more solid. I'm going to go ahead and approve you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
I'd also like to note that I'm doing the entirety of the roleplay from my nintendo 3DS internet browser, so I'm going to be very concise in my writing.

Name: Nick

Nickname: N/A

history: he was secretely raised by his parents in Jubalife. At age 10, his parents were killed, when the neighbors tipped off some vigilantes about Nick. Nick heard this and disappeared into a hidden chamber that was installed just for something like this. he came across Mt. Coronet where he found his pokespirit, Meg. Nick and Meg live in a small cave (in the games that cave north of sandgem), stealing goods from Jubalife and any unlucky travelers.

appearance: Small but well built with short white hair that is always kept cut within one centimeter of his scalp. he wears worn jeans and tattered shirts, wearing an old jacket in the winter, and going shirtless in the summer. He gains two attributes of Bayleef when he fuses. He gets the nodes around his neck, and his skin and hair become a pale green.

personality: he is quick to anger, but believes that there is good in every single person. He wants adults and children to live together in peace. He tries to always do the right thing, but his emotions often get in the way.

Pokespirit: Bayleef

name: Meg

personality: Meg is caring and loyal. She doesn't like to hurt people, but will do anything to protect those she cares about.

Moves: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Sleep powder, Solarbeam, Bullet Seed, grass knot

Writing Sample:
"We're running low on food, Nick" Meg communicated to Nick "We better go to Jubalife and"
"Shhh" Nick shushed her "I think I hear something" as he peered out of the cave he saw two wandering nomads, to busy to notice the odd boy looking at them.
"looks like we won't have to go to Jubalife at all" Nick whispered almost joyfully "you know the drill"
They then fused and used sleep powder on the two nomads. after doing so, they began to search the two. They only found a single oran berry between the two.

"looks like they were in need of food too" Meg said dismayed.
"Well at least we got this" Nick said " they're a frickin' rarity" Nick had begun to put the oran in his mouth when Meg screamed at him to stop.
"Why the hell should I!" he mentally screamed back
"Because" Meg sighed "If we plant it and take good enough care of it, we could get 2 or 3 more"
"Fine" Nick said irritated "we were going to have to go to Jubalife tonight anyway. Meanwhile what are we going to do with these two?"

Last edited:
Back