• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
I am making an easy version no matter what is said. In fact I will make some changes such as: renaming Cool Trainer, PokeManiac, Steam Adm. and PKMN Trainer to Ace Trainer, Poke Maniac, Commander, and Rival. Lunick and Solana the original protagonists will have PKMN Ranger instead too. Also since the name is Light PLATINUM can you make the Pokemon have the Platinum Pokedex entries for Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Pokemon? It would seem fitting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2010
In beta 2 i just beat Lucas. He's the gym where you have to pull the switches to make the bridges appear. But now after the battle the bridges arn't there and I do not have surf....what do I do?

Years
Could you post a picture when you are able too? Obviously after you battled Lucas you saw the bridges disappeared right? I haven't encountered that glitch before, but you don't get surf until the final beta probably around Groment City since it has the fifth gym.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
Idk I deleted my save and I'm going to start over o.O
That happened to me too. it will always happen if I'm in the gym and then save, close the game and start the game again. all bridges will be gone. so if i save at the point for example in front of Lucas and close the game and start again all bridges will gone and can't go out. However I use the Walk Through Wall cheat and get out easily. :)

Actually, the easy version is not necessary because the original version is the easy version. As for the starters, I'll put them in certain routes but they are REALLY rare...
do you mind telling me how rare is it you are planning to do? 1 in 1000? 1 in 10,000?

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I am making an easy version no matter what is said. In fact I will make some changes such as: renaming Cool Trainer, PokeManiac, Steam Adm. and PKMN Trainer to Ace Trainer, Poke Maniac, Commander, and Rival. Lunick and Solana the original protagonists will have PKMN Ranger instead too. Also since the name is Light PLATINUM can you make the Pokemon have the Platinum Pokedex entries for Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Pokemon? It would seem fitting.

Really? Is that necessary? That'll make the Hack too easy. I plan to do the above changes as well, except for Lunick and Solana having Pkmn Rangers as their Trainer Class. The reason is because they're people who follow you just like Rivals. So, they should have their Trainer Class as "Rival".

And yes, I'll be doing the Platinum entries for Sinnoh Pokémon only.
I'm too lazy to do the rest.

In beta 2 i just beat Lucas. He's the gym where you have to pull the switches to make the bridges appear. But now after the battle the bridges arn't there and I do not have surf....what do I do?

It's Lucus, to be exact. His name will be Lakey in Beta 3.
To solve the above problem, DON'T use the in-game save. Use savestates.

do you mind telling me how rare is it you are planning to do? 1 in 1000? 1 in 10,000?

Yes, it's like, 1 in 1000.

Years
As said before I AM MAKING AN EASY VERSION [/COLOR]and no matter what is said too. I want it to have a Platinum feel in the main game and in the after game in Lauren it will have a Black and White feel with Lv. 60-65 Pokemon. And the World Championship League will be in the 70's-80's. And the World Champion will have Lv. 80-88 Pokemon like Red in Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Sorry but it will be inevitable.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2010
Well i transfered my save over to my computer and used walk through walls to get through. Now i talked to the guy with the ghosts, but there are rock smash rocks in the way. I talk to this fat guy and he tells me something like "hope you can use HM06" or something....but I don't have HM06?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
Well i transfered my save over to my computer and used walk through walls to get through. Now i talked to the guy with the ghosts, but there are rock smash rocks in the way. I talk to this fat guy and he tells me something like "hope you can use HM06" or something....but I don't have HM06?

sorry i'm not sure either where i got HM06, but believe me it's not really hard. you just need to make sure to speak to every character or at least every suspicious looking person. try checking your bag again see if HM06 is there

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
sorry i'm not sure either where i got HM06, but believe me it's not really hard. you just need to make sure to speak to every character or at least every suspicious looking person. try checking your bag again see if HM06 is there

Ah, this is a common problem that every player seems to have... you can wait until the 3rd beta is released, that's my answer, and i'm sure Wesley fixed it :)

zak

xpert trainer
Years
For those who asked; You get hm06 From a guy just east of where you need it, hiker sprite in some tall grass.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
1/12/2010 today and my heart is going to brake....i am waiting...for the....FINAL UPDATE!!!!!!!!!YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
I usully dont comment hack games, but that is only because most of them dont impress me. I am absolutley blown away by this game. The storyline, events, and graphics rival games sold by nintendo. The only downside is i didnt notice it wasnt complete until the fourth gym. Absolutley amazing hack, cant wait for final version. Great job WesleyFG.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
Question about the whitescreen (which i had a problem with with ALL pokemon hacks) I can not get rid of the whitescreen. Ever.
The source rom used is fine (cant remember which one is used for yours, but for several hacks i have used the correct source rom which i have tested), and for EACh hack that i patch the source rom with, all of them result in a whitescreen. 64 -> 128 does not work, at all.
The source rom, nor the VBA are at fault here. Only when i patch the source rom, do i get the whitescreen which i can't get rid of.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Years
I think you have to use a different ROM. You can use Google to find it as it is the most useful things for searching stuff. Also 21 days until Christmas. :O Can't wait to see what goes on that day. :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

The HM06 can be obtained via a Hiker in a route east of Seanport City.

Ah, this is a common problem that every player seems to have... you can wait until the 3rd beta is released, that's my answer, and i'm sure Wesley fixed it :)

I can't believe it's a common problem... when I was translating the Hack, that HM06 glitch didn't occur...

For those who asked; You get hm06 From a guy just east of where you need it, hiker sprite in some tall grass.

What do you mean by "east"? East of what? Be more specific if you're trying to help.

This is the real answer: The HM06 can be obtained via a Hiker in a route east of Seanport City. If you see a Hiker there, talk to him.

1/12/2010 today and my heart is going to brake....i am waiting...for the....FINAL UPDATE!!!!!!!!!YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, that's only like the 1st of December. Zip your mouth and wait for the real action.

December has a long way to go, though. I wouldn't get too excited.
My guess is, Wesley is probably going to release the patch around Christmas.

That's my guess too, Sensei.

is the beta3 will be free to download?

What kind of question is that? Of course it's free!

Question about the whitescreen (which i had a problem with with ALL pokemon hacks) I can not get rid of the whitescreen. Ever.
The source rom used is fine (cant remember which one is used for yours, but for several hacks i have used the correct source rom which i have tested), and for EACh hack that i patch the source rom with, all of them result in a whitescreen. 64 -> 128 does not work, at all.
The source rom, nor the VBA are at fault here. Only when i patch the source rom, do i get the whitescreen which i can't get rid of.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Changing the savetype won't change a thing.
Resetting the Rom right after changing the savetype from 64k to 128k
changes the whole thing.

Back