• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Thanks for the responses.

No, I am not dead. I am just focused more on my life, right now. Anyway, here are some tiles I made the other day. Not really much, I just wanted to see what I could do in a different style.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • You did them in a different style, and they came out fine. I love them ;D.
    But i think that little point at the top of the big tree sought of ruins it. You might want to make it smaller, make it different or get rid of it ;P.

their nice though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Nice! Reminds me of GSC for some reason... Are you planning to make any more in that style?

Years
  • @CheesePeow: I'll make a version without the point, but I will offer both.

@Wichu: Of course I will make more. Even though most of my sets are incomplete, they at least have the basics, so anyone can use them and not have anything stick out (though ROM hackers are going to be out of luck for this set. The palette for the green in the tree alone is 12 colors, and that doesn't even include the grass palette).

Anyway, a small update to the set, an unnamed map, and my avatar I made for my PMBD account.

Tileset Update

Map

PMBD Avatar

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    wooow! Those are so nice! I'm seriously going to use those trees at some point... somehow. Very, very good work.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • WoW, that is sooo cool... It looks more real, more like nature, or something... It really looks like a forest. I am not sure if this is supposed to be pokemonish, but if it is, the shading's a bit off... You should add a darker part at the top, to make it more round looking.

Edit: What is PMBD? ^^

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

omg! those look to realistic to be pokemon graphics.
    it almost looks real...
    they are very impressive.
    cant wait to see more.

Years
  • Thanks for all the comments. I was trying to go for a more realistic look. I am also working on changing the ground tile. It is still too Pokémon-ish.

@DarkPegasus: Nope, these aren't meant to be Pokémon style. If they were, I would shade them accordingly and use a quite more limited palette. Also, PMBD stands for Paysites Must Be Destroyed, a website dedicated to keep all Sims 2 custom content free (even stuff from The Sims Resource).

Years
  • Well, another boring map update, as well as a tileset one. I did not bother to do the animations yet, but I will get to them.

nothermap1apv6.png

Map

newtilestopostyh2.png

Tileset

I also did something a bit random. I made a small set of characters, and each has its own meaning. Pretty stupid, I know.

lettersoh2.png

Atomic Reactor

i only have 2 problems (a first for me)
    i think the flowers seem a lil big..
    and that one tile size bush, i think you should slim down the leave part of it. make it look less like an umbrella.

other than that its amazing.

o, and ur map updates arent boring.
    im going to pm you.

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
    Years
  • wow! i like the tilesets (of the first page xD) and
    i love the trees you made! I cant draw trees... its to hard xD
    can you give me a tip for drawing trees? xD 'cause i really need one (hehe)

Years
  • Thanks for the comments.

@Atomic Reactor: Yeah, I kinda rushed the bushes. I am going to make new ones anyway. About the flowers, I am making some smaller ones in addition to the ones there.

@StrawyBlood: I have a tree spriting tutorial. Check the first page of my thread.

Anyway, I have been planning a game. Not a fangame or ROM hack, a completely original game. Here is one of the menus that could possibly be in it (it is still a work in progress, though).

m1by0.png

Yeah, pretty bad and boring.

Atomic Reactor

don, u really have to have more faith in your work. you keep saying everything is bad, or boring. that menu looks fine. good luck with that game.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Dude, this is the best work I have seen in years! Your mapz insprire me so much.. Its just, well. YOU ROX! THOSE TEH AWESHUME! -shot'd- Nice job. Good luck on the game!

Years
  • Thanks for the comments. AR and DP, I only scrutinize my work to encourage myself to do better.
    So just let me be. LOL.

Anyway, I might make some houses for Let It Rain, or I might make some useless maps (for practice). You tell me what to do (I want to do both equally, but I only want to do one of them, though).

Atomic Reactor

would they be in your recent style?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back