• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Flax

Bang.
Years
  • Yeah, the appearence thing is somewhat vexatious, at least to me personally. Really, the only necessary time that pictures should be used is that if your character's appearence is just plain ridiculous and feels insuperable to explain normally. On the other hand, it's usually essential to give the character a more simplex look anyway, especially in Pokemon RPs.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    even though, I said I won't rp here anymore, I am willing to bend that a little bit and rp as a side character on an rp, cause I got an interesting idea, I'd like my character to run a Pokemon Day Care Service, so anyone who needs a Pokemon Day Care Service on there rp, look me up

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    I've got a strange question..
    Can you have new pokemon if the roleplay takes place in a different region than the current 4? I'm not talking about new starters, but new evolutions for eevees. (ect.) I'd like to put in a few pokemon that the trainers would have to discover.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've got a strange question..
    Can you have new pokemon if the roleplay takes place in a different region than the current 4? I'm not talking about new starters, but new evolutions for eevees. (ect.) I'd like to put in a few pokemon that the trainers would have to discover.

Yeah, as long as it is your RolePlay. Don't just make up random Pokemon for you character to find in someone elses RolePlay, unless they say that it is okay.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • If I may ask...

Some of these abbreviations and rules I don't quite understand. So what I ask is, What exactly does OOC, Bunnying and God Modding mean?

Just thought I'd ask about these before I even join or start my own role play.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hi, hope you have fun Roleplaying,

OOC: Out of character.
    God Modding: Taking control of someone elses character without permission.
    Bunnying: (I used to know, but I can't remember).

Hope this helps.

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
  • Allow me.

Out of Character (OOC) is a roleplaying term, referring to the world of the players, rather than the world of the characters. Actions in the game that are described from the point of view of the assumed character are referred to as In Character (IC). Actions or discussion of the character from the player's point of view are OOC. Commonly put between double brackets, a practise whose inventor no one will ever know. :P

Bunnying is the act of controlling someone else's character.

God Modding, godmoding or god moding, is one of those things people can't ever seem to agree on what it actually means, or how it's actually supposed to be spelt. I've seen sites that accept all of them as the same thing, sites that make distinctions between the different spellings, and sites that don't even use the term. Basically, on a site that uses the term 'bunnying', it is safe to assume that any of these terms refer to the act of playing your character like he's an invincible god, dodging every attack coming your way, defeating every opponent without breaking a sweat and getting the best of everything at every turn.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I just recently submitted a new RP that I hope can become successful.
    It's a "free-for-all" as opposed to a chaptered RP and it's about the hatred between a made up region a small island off the coast.
    I'm hoping that lots of people want to join (i'm only accepting 5 though) and that it goes on for a long while.

Years
  • Uh, hey, how does Pokemon roleplaying go?
    I love roleplaying, I've been doing it for over a year, but I've never tried a Pokemon roleplaying, any suggestions or advice?
    Heh, hopefully this'll be answered by tommorow, because that's when I'm finally gonna start. xD

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I will give a stab at answering your question. I am far from a god of role-playing so my answer can only get you so far.

Pokemon Role-Plays come in a few different forms, all run to a similar fashion to the standard Text/ Forum Based styles of typing paragraphs in a response the other characters and the overall plot. However, like I said there are a few forms:

1) The Adventure Game: These were really popular for a while thanks to Brawler360's game. These RPs basically had people re-enacting the games through text going through the selected region catching Pokemon and training. If you play these, I recommend packing any post with lots of detail to get the most of the experience and try to get character interaction going because otherwise it ends being a fan-fiction and not a role-play.

2) The Standard Plot Game: Basically any other role-play you have been a part of in the past. The Game master will create a plot in any given region or a new one and you create a character in order to fill out the general role of a character in the plot. These are my personal favorite because of the originality than can exist within the story. My advice is to remain active and post realistic posts following the guidelines set by our fair moderators. Create realistic characters as well as Mary-Sues destroy the experience. Some of these Role-plays will allow to play as a Trainer or as a Pokemon itself, so I would choose your preference before you join and discover you want to do the other role. Personally, I do not play as Pokemon or Pokemorphs as I find the idea too foreign for me.

3) Pokemon Dungeon Role Play: A formally popular format that I know nothing about. I assume they follow a similar format to the series of games. All I know is you play as Pokemon or Pokemorphs and do stuff.

I hope this helped. I apologize for any errors. It is late here on the East Coast. In summery, create a good character and write solid, detailed posts and you should be fine. Most of the people are pretty kind-spirited. Don't be too scared by some the skill of these people. Many of them have experience well beyond my years as a human being, but in the end, they are nice enough humans. Welcome to the forum!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • In addition to GaP B's answer, if you're wondering about battles between two roleplayers, most RPs try avoid situations like that. Both players obviously want to win the battle, but since bunnying isn't allowed, there's really no way to win unless your opponent gets bored or the RP Master steps in. When battles do take place, the ultimate outcome is usually decided before the match even starts.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • On average, how long does it take for the moderators to get to your thread? I posted mine more than 24 hours ago and there's still no mention of it; Where I posted one the day before yesterday and it was declined within 8 hours.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    On average, how long does it take for the moderators to get to your thread? I posted mine more than 24 hours ago and there's still no mention of it; Where I posted one the day before yesterday and it was declined within 8 hours.

It really just depends on who's on and when, and Alter's real-life schedule. Check the Declined/Accepted thread, and definatley don't PM Loki or Alter Ego.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It's still not up, after 2 days. Why is this taking so long?

Alter/Loki have lives/// Just wait. Imagine being a mod with people PMing you 24/7 all saying 'can you approve my RP????????/////////slashslash'

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • I haven't PM'd them at all. All I'm wondering is why it was so quick for them to make a decision about my last RP, but this new one hasn't been approved for days.

And it's a weekend.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I haven't PM'd them at all. All I'm wondering is why it was so quick for them to make a decision about my last RP, but this new one hasn't been approved for days.

And it's a weekend.

Maybe you're just not getting it.
    The mods here have lives. Just because you get free weekends doesn't mean they do.
    Not to mention that Loki, the previous Roleplay mod, is an S-Mod; so he hardly has time to approve RP's. And Alter Ego isn't online a lot to begin with.

Imagine modding a ,now pretty popular, section with threads that come in everyday waiting for approval, while you aren't even on every day. Alter probably has quite a few RP's that need approving under her belt at the moment.

Your first RolePlay might have been accepted/denied so quickly becuase you got luck and Alter was on soon after that.

But seriously, be patient. The Roleplay section isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Back