• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Was Your Favourite Childhood Pokemon Card?

Years
Hi everyone,

I came across some old Pokemon cards the other day and it brought back a memory of my all-time favourite card I ever had as a kid. When I was 6 or 7 I got a 200HP Warlord EX from a pack of EX Sandstorm. At some point I ended up trading it for a stack of normal cards... a horrible trade looking back, but it has always remained my favourite card I ever had.

I'd love to hear from you guys, what was your favourite card as a child?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Some of my favorites starting out were a Lickitung card from Burger King and a foil TOPPS Meowth Character Card.

s-l225.jpg
$_1.JPG

As far as the TCG goes, I think it was just before I started middle school that I pulled a Southern Islands Mew from the back of a blister pack (one of those that contained a pack or two and three or so pre-opened cards hidden at the back). We never got the Southern Islands binders here (to my knowledge) and the only Mew card I had gotten prior to this was Ancient Mew from the second movie. Considering how rare and shrouded in mystery Mew was at the time and being my first ever reverse-holo, I was so excited about that pull. It remains my favorite card to this day, although not my rarest.

180px-MewSouthernIslands1.jpg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 12, 2017
My shadowless gyarados. when pokemon tcg first came out my parents bought me the machamp starter deck and one pack of cards. I opened the pack first and in it was the shadowless gyarados. It was my first holographic card and somehow over all these years of trading, moving and damage to the cards I still have the gyarados. Its not Mint lol but its still not bad either! Love that card

Years
Hard to just pick one but I think if im going to pick one it need to be Raichu holo from base set. :t026:
Was so mad on the tv series becouse Pikachu did not want to evolve :P

Back