• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fast Cure for a Migraine?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I need to go out this weekend but I have a serious case of a migraine headache. I shouldn't even be online right now but I need advice from friends. I need to know. Will I get better by this weekend? Or am I going to have to change my plans? There is a big Sailor Moon event this weekend and I don't wish to miss it. Or is there some fast cure for a migraine I am missing? I could use any help and advice. Yes, I've already been to a doctor and gotten medicine for a migraine and have been taking it for 3 days already.

pkmin3033

Do you know what's causing it? Often it really does depend on the underlying cause as to how you can treat it. It sounds like your best bet would be to take the medicine you've been given and just try to relax - don't sit in a room that is too light, avoid screens where you can, and make sure you stay hydrated - but if you know where it came from maybe there is something more specific you can do.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that worrying about it going away will not make it go away. God knows that I've had my fair share of stress-induced migraines...

Years
  • Yeah try and find the cause. I had migraines when I was very sick years back but they went away when I got better.
    But some advil and a nap maybe?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Well, I went to the first Sailor Moon event last weekend and felt the video was very loud and after I left the theater my head hurt very badly. Could it be that the movie was too loud for me and that I should of tried to arrange to sit much further back? Could the loud noise have triggered my migraine?

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • Well, is some people's cases it's noises(a classroom, for instance).
    Back in the day I would often get migraines because of harsh sunlight(and no, caps would worsen everything, I tried).
    Occasionally I experience a bit of headache due to excessive jumping all over the place
    kisspng-jackson-youtube-logo-ct-suboxone-business-5b2243cb898727.5100502015289722355633.jpg

I'd suggest paracetamol swallowed down with water and sleep, quite what Joker has suggested already.

Back