• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Castform Forms?

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Sand form is definitely needed! It was strange it wasn't present the first go-round, especially because there's a whole desert that's blocked by a Sandstorm in RSE. I think that's all the in-battle weather?

It's probably because it would be Arceus-like, where he could have access to any move ever. It may make him like a god so I don't think they would add it back then, especially when they had already released 3 awesome formes and probably didn't have time to make a last one. Well, maybe we will see a new one in this remake! :)

Years
  • Sounds good! However I can't see chip damage from Gale Winds but boost in speed. I don't think they will add Acid Rain because everyone would die from that move. I think Smokey Air would be a copy of smokescreen though. Starry night and Nightfall sounds awesome too.
    I didnt consider them to be moves but abilities. Smokey Air (Torcaol/Gasly/Camurrupt Hidden) wouldn't be a copy of smoke screen as an ability.

Acid Rain, I dunno - I thought of it like the poison version of hail that increases chance of poison but that might be too strong. Perhapse it just lowers defence like the normal acid does.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I didnt consider them to be moves but abilities. Smokey Air (Torcaol/Gasly/Camurrupt Hidden) wouldn't be a copy of smoke screen as an ability.

Acid Rain, I dunno - I thought of it like the poison version of hail that increases chance of poison but that might be too strong. Perhapse it just lowers defence like the normal acid does.

Oh! Yeah, that makes more sense. Acid Rain could do that or just give poison like Toxic.

Years
  • Never used Castform when playing RSE. Usually when I go through the Pokemon adventures, I try to refrain from using ones that are given to you via an event or person, whether it be as a reward or the capturing of a legendary. I could see him getting a new form; maybe sand or something similar, but that's probably wishful thinking. n__n;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It's probably because it would be Arceus-like, where he could have access to any move ever. It may make him like a god so I don't think they would add it back then, especially when they had already released 3 awesome formes and probably didn't have time to make a last one. Well, maybe we will see a new one in this remake! :)

Not really! Castform's movepool and stats are nowhere near Arceus's level, if you meant Godlike in stats! However, I don't understand how having a Sandforme would make him akin to Arceus (with type-changing and all). Castform is just adapting to the weather, not changing its type for almost no reason.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Not really! Castform's movepool and stats are nowhere near Arceus's level, if you meant Godlike in stats! However, I don't understand how having a Sandforme would make him akin to Arceus (with type-changing and all). Castform is just adapting to the weather, not changing its type for almost no reason.

No, I wasn't talking about stats. By Godlike I was talking more about like it can obtain nearly any type move. If Castform was like Arceus, he would be way more hype in ORAS. It appears to me however that I'm the only one excited about Castform being important again. Oh well, all Castform's for meh. >:D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Electric and grass terrain would be nice new forms!

I totally forgot these new moves existed, honestly. I'm not sure a grass / electric / etc area counts as "weather" though, because if you think about it "grass terrain" is literally just a field, which could experience almost any kind of weather separate from the fact it's a grassy field.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really do like Castform, it's a great little Pokémon with good potential. As for a new forme I'm not entirely sure how they could take that route, maybe a Sandstorm forme?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I am stoked to see a Sandform this time around. I think Sandstorm is the only weather effect that doesnt have a form for Castform. How about have Castform special forms that activate when Mega Kyogre or Mega Groudon is first sent into battle and switch to Castform? I think it would be cool imo.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Never used him he was too easily taken down. But he needs new forms for fog and sandstorm.

Back