• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
  • i can still see latias and latios beng in this game though... and that we'll get at least a trainer tower or something like it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'd like to have a portable PC. Then you could access all your Pokemon anywhere, without having to treck all the way to a Pokemon Center. This would be great while you're trying to level up! XD
    Oh, and as a slightly more girly point, I'd love to be able to design the main character myself! You'd be able to choose their hair colour, style, personality, oufit...! XXXXD

Hmm... Actually I like that idea...
    But it won happen in HG/SS for sure...
    So we'll save that portable PC idea for the later generations then~

Well, umm I guess that's not really possible for the main Pokemon games...
    Anyway they had that feature on Pokemon Battle Revolution...
    i can still see latias and latios beng in this game though... and that we'll get at least a trainer tower or something like it.
    Actually the CoroCoro magazine had confirmed that these 2 dragon'll appear in HG/SS...
    No the heck way... I don't wanna another Trainer Tower, I think it's cheap...
    I mean they don't offer goods...
    What's the point for havin them?

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
  • I'd like to have a portable PC. Then you could access all your Pokemon anywhere, without having to treck all the way to a Pokemon Center. This would be great while you're trying to level up! XD
    Oh, and as a slightly more girly point, I'd love to be able to design the main character myself! You'd be able to choose their hair colour, style, personality, oufit...! XXXXD

Now this is a legitimate idea! If we had portable PC's I would be at that freakin PkMn Center half the time. <_<

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • One screenshot shows the main character with Chikorita meet Soul with a Marill.

Speculation: She has different Pokémon depencing on the starter.

Marill, Sunkern/Hoppip, Slugma/Houndour?

Speculation: This leaves the starter weak to your choice in Elm's lab. New rival, anyone?

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
  • i think they should bring back red in mt silver and make him tuffer oh and they should do the remix of lance/red battle theme. also include some underground action like in d/p. nd make things tuffer c/s/g was easy pokemon leage was too easy nd trainers where low levels thats just me though

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    One screenshot shows the main character with Chikorita meet Soul with a Marill.

Speculation: She has different Pokémon depencing on the starter.

Marill, Sunkern/Hoppip, Slugma/Houndour?

Speculation: This leaves the starter weak to your choice in Elm's lab. New rival, anyone?
    No, CoroCoro stated that she'll(or he, in case if the player is female) be a friend, like how Lucas/Dawn appear in DPP.

Anyone seen the area left of Cianwood? I have a feeling its connected to a legendary.

Some say it's some kind of new facility,
    but not Pokethlon for sure,
    it's obvious that the Pokethlon will be palce on the new area of National Park.

Hana~

Years
  • No, CoroCoro stated that she'll(or he, in case if the player is female) be a friend, like how Lucas/Dawn appear in DPP.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Gold/Soul would have different Pokémon depending on which starter you chose.

And I made another statement which was that the last starter is still at Elm's Lab and speculation that a new rival (second rival) could be the one getting that starter (think Carlos of ShinyGold).

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I get the feeling they aren't going to make this game any harder since Red Gyarados is still at level 30, meaning the levels probably haven't been changed for the trainers either.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For the umpteenth time, they aren't remakes.
    That's why they're called HEART Gold and SOUL Silver.
    If they were exact remakes, the would be on the GBC and be called Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver.

Just throwing my two cents in.

-Tator

That's A Re-release, not a Remake(Or a port like others said)

An Example would be when the 1990-1993 Games SaGa 1, 2, and 3 (Called Final Fantasy Legend 1, 2, and 3 outside of Japan to increase sales) for Game Boy/Game Boy Pocket were released a second time in 1998.

I get the feeling they aren't going to make this game any harder since Red Gyarados is still at level 30, meaning the levels probably haven't been changed for the trainers either.

Ho-oh and Lugia are Level 45 instead of 40 now.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I'd like to have a portable PC. Then you could access all your Pokemon anywhere, without having to treck all the way to a Pokemon Center. This would be great while you're trying to level up! XD
    I really doubt a portable PC will happen, for the sole reason that your Pokemon are healed when they're deposited in it. That'd take away a lot of the challenge of the game if you could basically heal after any battle without even having to trek a long way back through wild Pokemon-infested areas.

Designing I also don't think will happen in this generation. I know it happened with PBR, but the biggest problem when designing one's own character is concerned is that they can't please everyone. No doubt many people would be unhappy with the clothes/hair/etc choices and want more, and Nintendo isn't going to take up the entire game space with just character options, so people would start whining "why can't I make an emo punk rocker chick character??" or "my girly man character isn't girly enough!!" It's probably easier to just not have that feature than to have the feature but not enough options to satisfy the majority of players.

No, CoroCoro stated that she'll(or he, in case if the player is female) be a friend, like how Lucas/Dawn appear in DPP.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Gold/Soul would have different Pokémon depending on which starter you chose.

And I made another statement which was that the last starter is still at Elm's Lab and speculation that a new rival (second rival) could be the one getting that starter (think Carlos of ShinyGold).
    Remember to close your quote tags :P. But anyways, I don't think you'll be getting a second rival. ShinyGold doesn't mean anything since it's a fangame and there's a lot of stuff with it that would probably never be in the main games.

The other-gender character probably just ends up getting that last starter. Just because the girl had a Marril when the boy had a Chikorita doesn't mean she couldn't still have the Totodile. It's possible that the Chikorita wasn't actually the boy's starter and was just a Pokemon picked to show it, or maybe the girl just has 2 Water Pokemon anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

I don't think so, instead of I think because Marill is a cute Pokemon so the Marill was given to her to match her cutness.

Who said that CoroCoro or Nintendo? I had not heard such thing...
    Please enlighten us, tell us where'd you get this information from.
    Remember to close your quote tags :P. But anyways, I don't think you'll be getting a second rival. ShinyGold doesn't mean anything since it's a fangame and there's a lot of stuff with it that would probably never be in the main games.

The other-gender character probably just ends up getting that last starter. Just because the girl had a Marril when the boy had a Chikorita doesn't mean she couldn't still have the Totodile. It's possible that the Chikorita wasn't actually the boy's starter and was just a Pokemon picked to show it, or maybe the girl just has 2 Water Pokemon anyway.
    Well you stole my words... xD
    That's what exactly I'm gonna say!!
    I still think that her Marill and the Chikorita are just some coincidence.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    And now for something completely different.

They left quite a few areas unused in the original GSC, actually. I remember that at least Silph Co. and the Lavender Radio Tower were off-limits beyond ground level, with the Tower guard keeping you from going downwards... Presumably where Mr. Fuji goes sometimes, what with the building replacing the Ghost Tower, and someone mentioning places where only Fuji is allowed...

And to my understanding, the only reason they closed the Safari Zone and blew up Cinnabar was because they were paranoid about the glitches involving those locations in RBY... Although Cinnabar turning into an underground town would be interesting. Magma as decoration or some such. Perhaps a training ground?

Just a couple thoughts. ^^

Hana~

Years
  • I don't think so, instead of I think because Marill is a cute Pokemon so the Marill was given to her to match her cutness.

Who said that CoroCoro or Nintendo? I had not heard such thing...
    Please enlighten us, tell us where'd you get this information from.

Well you stole my words... xD
    That's what exactly I'm gonna say!!
    I still think that her Marill and the Chikorita are just some coincidence.

Yeah, it could just be a coincidence, but we don't know until the game comes out or we get new information! ^_^

And that's just speculation, nothing from CoroCoro or Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    does anyone remember some of the very first pokemon episodes? where ash thought he saw a shiny bird in the sky (ho oh) what if you see it and run to the lab where elm is (have the game automatically do it) then have elm say hello what is your name blah blah blah have the intro then have you answer questions like are you sure you saw a shiny bird. then have him introduce you to the pokedex. have him say he heard someone scream help out in the wild then you go help him which then you both get to pick and keep your starter. then blah blah star your adventure. sorry that was really long...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    does anyone remember some of the very first pokemon episodes? where ash thought he saw a shiny bird in the sky (ho oh) what if you see it and run to the lab where elm is (have the game automatically do it) then have elm say hello what is your name blah blah blah have the intro then have you answer questions like are you sure you saw a shiny bird. then have him introduce you to the pokedex. have him say he heard someone scream help out in the wild then you go help him which then you both get to pick and keep your starter. then blah blah star your adventure. sorry that was really long...
    Every time you think there'd be a future relation between the Anime and the games, forget it. It should've been in Yellow if anything, and we passed 3 generations since Yellow.

Honestly, i'd like to see a game in like 2-3 consoles from now (or more if there will be more), that will sum up the Anime, but then it's a paradox to what I said before and...well...probably won't happen anyway.

Oh, edit: you just made me thinking, if they already created Ho-oh on the first episode, I wonder how far they actually went by that time. Maybe they even got to Arceus back then o:

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • does anyone remember some of the very first pokemon episodes? where ash thought he saw a shiny bird in the sky (ho oh) what if you see it and run to the lab where elm is (have the game automatically do it) then have elm say hello what is your name blah blah blah have the intro then have you answer questions like are you sure you saw a shiny bird. then have him introduce you to the pokedex. have him say he heard someone scream help out in the wild then you go help him which then you both get to pick and keep your starter. then blah blah star your adventure. sorry that was really long...

Because this game is a remake, therefore things such as important events such as the start of the game should be kept the same, things should only be added or enhanced in a remake.

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • And now for something completely different.

They left quite a few areas unused in the original GSC, actually. I remember that at least Silph Co. and the Lavender Radio Tower were off-limits beyond ground level, with the Tower guard keeping you from going downwards... Presumably where Mr. Fuji goes sometimes, what with the building replacing the Ghost Tower, and someone mentioning places where only Fuji is allowed...

And to my understanding, the only reason they closed the Safari Zone and blew up Cinnabar was because they were paranoid about the glitches involving those locations in RBY... Although Cinnabar turning into an underground town would be interesting. Magma as decoration or some such. Perhaps a training ground?

Just a couple thoughts. ^^
    I'm almost sure I read somewhere that the Safari Zone was closed due to Glitch City... though it would have been much easier for them to remove the ability to save in that location, but that may not have been possible with the technology at the time.

According to Bulbapedia, Gold and Silver are based off of RBYG's engine, so it's definitely possible that they killed those locations to eliminate any possibility of the glitches being repeated in GS.

As others said, games =/= anime (not to mention that isn't even the right character to correspond to Ash, Ash ~ Red, but Gold =/= Ash), and they probably wouldn't change something like that. It's meant to closely resemble the original and be an improved version, not a totally different game.

Every time you think there'd be a future relation between the Anime and the games, forget it. It should've been in Yellow if anything, and we passed 3 generations since Yellow.

Honestly, i'd like to see a game in like 2-3 consoles from now (or more if there will be more), that will sum up the Anime, but then it's a paradox to what I said before and...well...probably won't happen anyway.

Oh, edit: you just made me thinking, if they already created Ho-oh on the first episode, I wonder how far they actually went by that time. Maybe they even got to Arceus back then o:
    Well I think they have a very small amount of Pokemon planned in advance, but I don't know about Ho-oh. The first Ho-oh didn't even look a whole lot like the one of today, so it's possible they just had "generic-looking legendary bird" appear for Ash and then later said it was Ho-oh. And I highly doubt they had Arceus planned that far back. If you look at the Pokemon, they change slightly in style from generation to generation as well, proving that there was probably time inbetween creating them.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Mind boggler time!
    1249124506.png

Growlithe is at 129.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Johto_Dex_number
    Growlithe was ar 127 before. What 2 Pokemon where added?

Back