• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Merged thread on Prof. Rowan with the Speculation thread.

If one wants to be very strict with the 'canon' of Platinum, wither you'll be in HG/SS when Rowan is in Kanto and Jasmine still hasn't left yet, or it'd be after Jasmine comes back, and Rowan has already gone back to Sinnoh.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay so i looked on serebii and its saying that some of the old pokdex numbers are different could this mean 3rd and 4th gen might come in?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dear God, I hope they let you evolve them into 3/4th gen pokemon. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't moan that you don't want to see 3/4th gen pokemon in a remake of the 2nd gen because if you don't want to evolve them, you don't have to. Those of us that do should have the choice.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why keep them weaker? Also, how else would the dex be modified? Lets use our brains.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Dear God, I hope they let you evolve them into 3/4th gen pokemon. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't moan that you don't want to see 3/4th gen pokemon in a remake of the 2nd gen because if you don't want to evolve them, you don't have to. Those of us that do should have the choice.

..Why wouldn't they..?

I want to know if you breed a normal Pokemon with a shiny Pokemon it has a higher chance of being shiny, like in the old G/S. Probably not though. D:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Most likely since we can go to Kanto. Im hoping for Hoenn starters since it would kinda make them rarer if they weren't obtainable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Can someone please translate these pictures.

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Kanto starters seems far more likely since you go to Kanto. It's easy to place in, Prof. Oak's lab is there and you meet him several times during the GSC story, so they could just create an event around that. Though they could end up doing both in the same game, or have Hg gives you a Hoenn starter and Ss gives you a Kanto one. That seems less likely though x:

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Kanto starters seems far more likely since you go to Kanto. It's easy to place in, Prof. Oak's lab is there and you meet him several times during the GSC story, so they could just create an event around that. Though they could end up doing both in the same game, or have Hg gives you a Hoenn starter and Ss gives you a Kanto one. That seems less likely though x:
    Remember the events of Emerald?
    After the player had completed Hoenn Pokedex,
    he/she will be awarded a Johto Starter.
    I think similar things will happen in HG/SS.
    But as for the Hoenn ones,
    there's a possibility they'll be given away as event Pokemon,
    as they're more rare now,
    plus I couldn't find anything to fit them in HG/SS.

MasterLucario2000

I train w/ my kung fu grama=3
    Years
  • 1. There should either be new apps for the PokeGear or they should have the Poketch again with new apps.
    2. There should be a Battle Frontier. (Most Pokemon remakes have a Battle Frontier, unlike their prequels. For example, R/S and Emerald and D/P and Platinum.)
    3. (The game's probably gonna be like this but anyway...) After you beat the Elite Four, there should be a whole new area full of National Dex Pokemon that you get to go to and catch stuff like D/P/Pl pokemon as well as the Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon.
    4. *NEW 1* Similar to Emerald, when you catch all of the Pokemon in Johto, you should be offered a D/P/Pl starter from Prof. Elm. (Or Oak)
    I COULD think of more but I'm too tired. 3:

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Version exclusives?

Will the version exclusives in hg and ss be the same as gold and silver
    Post your comments

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure the version exclusives will remain as they were in the original gold/silver. At least as far as Kanto and Johto Pokemon are concerned.

Back