• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about spoilers?

Years
    • Online now
    Up until recently I've never cared about spoilers, but now I'm realizing how much any surprises I've ruined for myself. I've been trying to avoid spoilers recently but without much success.

YouTube is the worst offender for spoilers. I had just watched a cool cut-scene when playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and I wanted to see it again so I searched YouTube. So because I watched that one video, I went back to the homepage and it decided to recommend me a massive spoiler video about the ending. And it was in all capital letters so it was guaranteed to catch my eye.

I'm terrified I'll run into spoilers about the new Pokemon games. Some I don't mind, like certain evolutions. But I don't want to be spoiled on bigger things like starters or anything. I understand that most on this website are kind enough to use spoiler tags, so it's not as much as a worry here, but I've considered staying off Facebook and other social media.

Oh and it doesn't have to be about video games. It can be about books, movies etc.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I can deal with them at some extent, but it depends too. If it's something like Supernatural, then I don't like those kind of spoilers. I usually partake in them because it helps me understand things and such as well. I try not to overdo it too much.

Years
  • I try to avoid them, although if it's a minor one I come across then oh well. I do get really mad if I happen to come across a big one (often anything plot-related) in a place I wasn't expecting...and yeah, youtube is definitely a place where I tread carefully when it comes to that kind of stuff.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
  • I really, really hate spoilers if they're of anything but the smaller or more obvious/expected details, and I do my best to avoid spoiling anything I might be even a little bit interested in checking out some day, even if the thing in question is years old.

Years
  • I don't like spoilers at all, it's irritating to have that first viewing surprise twist ruined by some jerkass in a Discord chat. That being said, there does come a point where being upset by spoilers becomes unreasonable and a movie that becomes unwatchable if you know the twist isn't a very good movie.

Back