• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G-Max Charmander

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
  • I got Gmax Charmander with Modest Nature and 5 IVS. However the one IV that isn't perfect is SpA. Should I keep retrying for better? SpA is V.Good so I don't know its exact IV but its anywhere from 21-29.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
    Years
  • Do d-max or g-max pokemon have a higher chance at perfect IVs? The only problem I can think is I could end up getting perfect, but then it isn't a modest nature.

OH WAIT! I could bottlecap it couldn't I? That would change it to 31 SpA IV? Does that affect still work in competitive?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Bottle capping that Sp.Atk stat is what you wanna do yeah. Even if you couldn't, it's probably not worth it to try to deal with the RNG to try get a potentially insignificantly better IV anyway. Pokemon caught from Max Raid battles only can have up to 4 guaranteed perfect IVs.

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
    Years
  • I've caught 2 d-max pokemon with 5 IVs. One is a dugtrio and one is a ninetails. Actually I caught a G-max Sandaconda with 5 IVs as well. Where does it say they can only have 4 perfect IVs?

EDIT: OOOOHHHHH wait a sec.... up to 4 *guaranteed*, but it can have up to 6 perfect IVs, just the other 2 aren't guaranteed.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    EDIT: OOOOHHHHH wait a sec.... up to 4 *guaranteed*, but it can have up to 6 perfect IVs, just the other 2 aren't guaranteed.
    yeah that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear

Back