• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I guess I'll postpone the Emerald hack and work on something else instead. I am going to hack Fire Red now. I have a problem with XSE, when I click compile noting happens yet it says on the bottom, "Script compiled in #.### seconds" The # is just an example representing numbers. What do I do?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years

That doesn't work though for me. Well when I tried making it a level script that loads as soon as the map loads. But nothing happens and idk what to do.

That's because there's one more step you're missing. Here's a level scripting tutorial.

I don't know if this is a simple question but,

does anyone know the when it is morning and nightime in pokemon emeraled

None of the third generation games comes with a day/night system. That's why if you wanted Umbreon you had to import him from one of the Colosseum games. ZodiacDaGreat and Interdpth have an improved day/night system based on Mastermind_X's idea for FireRed and LeafGreen. There's also one for Ruby and Sapphire, although I think it has a few bugs. Try it out and see.

@~Merilyn
(Not a simple question by the way)
Thats easy to do, make sure each titleset firered your hack have the same palltes
then copy the firered tree over your hack tree save and it is done just intesect the titleset into your hack, I you would like me to make a toutrial i will do it

No. The FR tree is three tiles high, while the Ruby tree is only two tiles high. He can't just paste over it... there's not enough room!
What I would do Merilyn, is find a tile you find useless and replace it with the extra block from the FR tree. Of course then you would have to go into block editor in AMap and replace some other random tile you don't want (preferrably the same you replaced in the tileset, it should look kind of funky now) with the part of the tree that doesn't fit up with the rest of the tree (probably the top part). Either way, more trouble than it's worth if you ask me.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Which is the best freeware emulator-debugger for gameboy? I'm using no$gmb, and it's not bad, but I am curious if there is one that is even better..

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
None of the third generation games comes with a day/night system. That's why if you wanted Umbreon you had to import him from one of the Colosseum games. ZodiacDaGreat and Interdpth have an improved day/night system based on Mastermind_X's idea for FireRed and LeafGreen. There's also one for Ruby and Sapphire, although I think it has a few bugs. Try it out and see.

Just because it doesn't have a Day/Night System doesn't mean that the game doesn't utilize the time. As I told this guy in another thread, the time can be found at 0x03000DC0 so if he reads the hour from the data stored there, he can determine what time of day it is. Of course, terms "morning" and "night" are subjective and can mean any time that the hacker wants them to be.

No. The FR tree is three tiles high, while the Ruby tree is only two tiles high. He can't just paste over it... there's not enough room!

Both are three blocks high but the Fire Red tree is 6 tiles tall while the R/S/E tree is only 5 tiles tall. So you could replace the R/S/E tree with the FR/LG tree but you would have to edit some blocks. It's not all that difficult or time-consuming though.

Which is the best freeware emulator-debugger for gameboy? I'm using no$gmb, and it's not bad, but I am curious if there is one that is even better..

I recommend VBA-SDL-H for debugging. I believe you can download it from Hackmew's knowledge thread.

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
sonlen:

Will these help with images that "seperate"? By seperate I mean the top, middle parts, and bottom aren't aligned.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Both are three blocks high but the Fire Red tree is 6 tiles tall while the R/S/E tree is only 5 tiles tall. So you could replace the R/S/E tree with the FR/LG tree but you would have to edit some blocks. It's not all that difficult or time-consuming though.

Every time I try, something gets screwed up, or the tree doesn't come out right and parts of it are the Emerald tree. If you could post a picture with the tree inserted it would really help me a lot.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Is there a way to edit the script of Oak's introduction (not the text, mind you)? An offset or something to put in XSE (I'm using LeafGreen)?

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Is there a way to edit the script of Oak's introduction (not the text, mind you)? An offset or something to put in XSE (I'm using LeafGreen)?
Use Advance Map and go to his lab, then the events tab, click on him, then there is a open script button on the right side of the screen.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Every time I try, something gets screwed up, or the tree doesn't come out right and parts of it are the Emerald tree. If you could post a picture with the tree inserted it would really help me a lot.

Well, it's in my signature at this very moment. ;)

The thing is, you can't just paste it over the Emerald tree. They both are asymmetrical but each in different ways. You'll have to do some finagling with the blocks in order to get it to work but you shouldn't have to add any new ones. New tiles, yes but seeing how they're both 6 blocks tall, all it shouldn't require any new blocks.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Not unless you learn ASM. It's not a script.
Well then. Is there any way to change the Rival's name in a script then?
I just want to force the Rival's name.

I also may try using ASM, as I know the general area of where it is.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011

I beleive there is a program or two for those, but I can't think of what the names are atm.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Well, it's in my signature at this very moment. ;)

The thing is, you can't just paste it over the Emerald tree. They both are asymmetrical but each in different ways. You'll have to do some finagling with the blocks in order to get it to work but you shouldn't have to add any new ones. New tiles, yes but seeing how they're both 6 blocks tall, all it shouldn't require any new blocks.

Well I meant a tile set, with the Firered tree inserted... But ah well. I'll go fiddle around with the tile set some more and try and get it to work. Thanks a lot for all the help. :)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

Yeah, there is a pointer around 0x03000000 (in the RAM) that points to the rivals name (also in the RAM).

HackMew removed the Rival naming part of the routine for someone a while ago, so it might be best asking him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back