• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My question is that
how do i make two different pokemon have the sprite offset, they have the same sprite,
but dont get screwed up.
I saw this in the Ruby Destiny - Life of Gaudians
I hope you answer this
thank you

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My question is that
how do i make two different pokemon have the sprite offset, they have the same sprite,
but dont get screwed up.
I saw this in the Ruby Destiny - Life of Gaudians
I hope you answer this
thank you

I think you can use PokePic for that.
PokePic comes with EliteMap...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Well then. Is there any way to change the Rival's name in a script then?
I just want to force the Rival's name.

I also may try using ASM, as I know the general area of where it is.

Well, if you just want to force the Rival's name, couldn't you just use that name when you're writing scripts? o.o

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I recommend VBA-SDL-H for debugging. I believe you can download it from Hackmew's knowledge thread.

Too bad VBA-SDL-H Debugger only works with GameBoyAdvance roms, I'm looking for a good debugger for gameboy (old 8-bit console, pokemon red/blue).

I've heard that virtual gameboy is good, but it isn't free, is it?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I hope this is the right place to ask... So how do you make a tree script (with XSE). I tried decompiling once, but I don't get it =\ Id you can teach me or if there is a tut then that would be great.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
you would need asm for that. look for thethethethe's remove pokemon in the research and development section.

on the subject of asm, does anyone know of a really awesome super cool asm tutorial?

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Does anyone know what the number for unLZ is for BG3 on the title screen(using the VBA emulator) for fire red? Or another way to insert this:
picture.php

I have everything (including palette) in the rom and working but the part in between the black lines, thanks if anyone can help.
Nvm, I found out a way to do it.

Last edited:

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Ok... I changed all the TMs with Item Manager. Including changing Water Pulse into Muddy Water. Then I beat Juan in Emerald and got TM03, booted it up, and it was still water pulse. I taught it to Gyarados, and it was still Water Pulse. I went back to Item Manager, and it said TM 03 was now Muddy Water. YAPE says the same thing in the TM compatibility section. So... what's the problem?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Such a simple solution I completely overlooked, though it doesn't affect battles I don't think.
Fixing the battles is simple enough, but forcing the name would be easier and I think it would also be considered good practice.

I'm not trying to get rid of the naming system, just for Oak to ignore the input.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I'm having a problem with a script....in it, I have a wild battle, and I want to make it so that if you lose the battle the script continues, but it keeps sending me to the pokecenter. I have an idea to use JPAN's hacked engine for his healing places which I think I can use to continue the script, but is there another way to do it without ASM?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
I'm having a problem with a script....in it, I have a wild battle, and I want to make it so that if you lose the battle the script continues, but it keeps sending me to the pokecenter. I have an idea to use JPAN's hacked engine for his healing places which I think I can use to continue the script, but is there another way to do it without ASM?
Take a look at the battle script for the first battle with Gary. If there's a problem with that, I don't think there's a way to do it without ASM.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Take a look at the battle script for the first battle with Gary. If there's a problem with that, I don't think there's a way to do it without ASM.

I understand that for trainer battles you can use 0x3 or 0x9 to continue it, but I was wondering if there was something similiar for wild battles.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Fixing the battles is simple enough, but forcing the name would be easier and I think it would also be considered good practice.

I'm not trying to get rid of the naming system, just for Oak to ignore the input.
It would be alot easier to do overpass that since it is a flag, just disable it, or am I wrong?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Bumping my question from a few pages back.
This might not be that much of a help to you, but there's a program called tr.exe that can do just that. Look on the thread called "[Other] The ELF Method of inserting Music into a Rom - Hands on!". I'm pretty sure you can download it from there. It talks about Sappy, but you can do it manually, too (if you know how).

PM me if you need more help. I helped you because I noticed for how long you've been struggling with this problem, and came across this thread recently. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back