• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most annoying location within Pokemon B/W

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • I'm going to have to go with the Abyssal Ruins because I was so frustrated every time I ran into a dead end or had to go back up shore. What really got me so annoyed was the fact that most of Arceus's type plates were down there and I don't even think i got all of the treasure down there either.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I really hated Chargestone cave. I had to go through it without ANY repels. It
    was the worst day of my life TT_TT

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Route 7 with their raised walkways (which I soemtimes fall off, resulting to me landing in grass, wasting all my saved up Max Repels)

Also, twist mountain is pretty annoying. The place is just too big!

Years
  • Route 7 with their raised walkways (which I soemtimes fall off, resulting to me landing in grass, wasting all my saved up Max Repels)

Also, twist mountain is pretty annoying. The place is just too big!

I agree with you, Route 7 is a pain and I did fall in the grass once. I hate that so-called "super-tall grass" cos it's a pain and you can't ride your bike in it. And it's so bad that you have to go through there just to get to Celestial Tower where Elgyem and Litwick are waiting for you to catch.

I just breed my Elgyems now instead.

ROUTE 7 IS A PAIN.

Twist Mountain is so boring and I finally caught a Cryogonal after 5 months of playing Black but I'm never going back ever. I did catch a Cubchoo there as well (she's now a Beartic) but I'm never going back to Twist Mountain, NEVER.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pfft, Route 7 is easy guys, once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to get through. :x Or at least now I never have any issues.

For me personally, the worst is the cave part of the Giant Chasm. Without repels, it's annoying to get through, and when you want to collect Dittos for the fun of it, well, Game Freak does not make it easy for me!

Years
  • Pfft, Route 7 is easy guys, once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to get through. :x Or at least now I never have any issues.

For me personally, the worst is the cave part of the Giant Chasm. Without repels, it's annoying to get through, and when you want to collect Dittos for the fun of it, well, Game Freak does not make it easy for me!

The problem I find with Route 7 is grass that you cannot ride your bike in (similar to Hoenn's Route 119/120 and Sinnoh's Route 210, also some grass in Johto's National Park) as well as some of the wild Pokemon, particularly those tough Zebstrika (at least you can catch it to battle Skyla with).

Giant Chasm was so difficult with that cave, you have to deal with tough Pokemon just to get to the area where Ditto and Clefairy can be caught.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Traveling wise for me it was Changestone cave, my pokemon almost fainted...that by the end I saw N standing there and I hoped that he'll heal my Pokemon...but no he didn't..it was a miracle that I survived...Also I kepr running into those Joltik's and Ferrothrones...and I was ill equiped to battle them...
    Next is Twist mountain...there's a reason it's called that...and once again my pokemon almost fainted on the way...
    Finally is The chasm...for one had trouble figuring out how to get to kyurem, and second all those annoying Metag's and Ditto's kept popping up...even after I had gotten my Kyurem it proved difficult to get past all those wild pokemon...in the end my pokemon fainted (as a result of battling Kyurem earlier and having to fight with only said Kyurem and a critically weak Zekrom...)...

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    the frikin abyssal ruins! i couldnt figure it out! haha and i dont care to anymore either hahaha

Years
  • Route 7 because of the tall grass >.<

I agree with you. It is a PAIN.

Read these posts to see my Route 7 hate:

Route 7 with their raised walkways (which I soemtimes fall off, resulting to me landing in grass, wasting all my saved up Max Repels)

The problem I find with Route 7 is grass that you cannot ride your bike in (similar to Hoenn's Route 119/120 and Sinnoh's Route 210, also some grass in Johto's National Park) as well as some of the wild Pokemon, particularly those tough Zebstrika (at least you can catch it to battle Skyla with).

Yes, I'm a Trainer who loves riding their bike.

I agree with you, Route 7 is a pain and I did fall in the grass once. I hate that so-called "super-tall grass" cos it's a pain and you can't ride your bike in it. And it's so bad that you have to go through there just to get to Celestial Tower where Elgyem and Litwick are waiting for you to catch.

I just breed my Elgyems now instead.

ROUTE 7 IS A PAIN.

Never returning to Route 7 ever again cos the grass was annoying and I love riding my bike, I didn't even bother talking to that Hiker who trades an Emolga to you if you have a Boldore. Anyway, I already caught an Emolga in the Lostlorn Forest.

Never returning to Celestial Tower because of that "So much pain called Route 7". I just breed my Elgyems and Litwicks now.

I remember a bad moment where shaking grass there made me go "oh my god" and I fell into it and all I found was an Emolga.

I did go to Route 7 once to catch a Sentret during the Pokemon outbreak, but I'll never return anytime because of that tall grass.

I also hated Twist Mountain, Relic Castle and Giant Chasm.

Twist Mountain because of boring Pokemon, Relic Castle because of those Cofagrigus and Krokorok and Giant Chasm cos it takes so long to get to the area where Ditto are found.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Route 4 and Desert Resort, only because I've never been a fan of desert areas. Not that I don't want them there though, they add more variety to the region. It's just annoying going through, not being able to use bike, weather etc...

This, and Twist Mountain. At first I didn't Twist Mountain fun, but I've grown to like the concept of it. I think it's pretty cool, especially with the added snow in the winter.

A lot of the cities, and routes after Route 10 I didn't like that much, either. Except Village Bridge

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • The only location, I find, annoying are the Abyssal Ruins because you have to keep going through it to get everything. Every other place is a joke to traverse.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I must say, pretty much like everyone else, that's the three caves. Annoying encounter rate inside caves gets annoying. The cave right before the league had that Ant with huge speed, which prevents me from escaping most of the times, but at least, we could fly away from it quite often. Twist Mountain gets so much simpler in Winter. Chargestone cave... Guess it wins since there's nothing to stop me from being annoyed.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    For some reason it took me ages to find a ferroseed in chargestone cave, so that really annoyed me because those joltik were fast!!!

Joltik fast??? pfffttt... You haven't fought my Lilligant >,> I always outdo them xD, even though my whole team right now is all unbalanced... I need to level and evolve my Pansear which is like level 31 (But he attacks a lot of times first since i have him holding a quick claw) right now while my Lilligant is level 38 and my Samurott is level 37, Lilligant is my most prized Pokemon in the longest xD, when i first saw Petilil i went crazy... On how beautiful that little bulb looked then when it learned Giga Drain first than Lilligant once i got it to 30 i Put that Sun Stone in oh what joy i felt :D Beating Clay was a breeze hehehe.

Now let me stop praising my Lilligant and finally go get out of chargestone cave... The thing is that my team of 6 is like having a team of 3 since only 3 are over level 30 while my others are lvl 22, 19 and 8... Hehehe, oh the challenge :P Need to capture some more pokemon, time to replace my Purrloin with that Emolga i captured a little while back...

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    My least favorite city in city in Pokemon Black would have to be Relic City. As for my favorite, its a tie between Undella Town and Castelia City.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2012
    Twist mountain for me too. And does anyone hate the Pinwheel Forest like me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    You say some places are annoying because they take some time to get through. But it's a game, isn't it? It can't be too easy.
    Imo there is a difference between challenging places and annoying places. For me the only actual annoying place are Abyssal Ruins because of that damn steps limit. Also the fact that this is the only dive location in the whole game is even more annoying.

Back