• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your favorite Pokémon MOVIE?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Normally I'd bring up Temple of the Sea (which is still sitting at the top of my favorite Pokémon movies), but my current obsession is Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom. I'm absolutely head over heels in love with that movie's background music, and I personally reeeeally enjoy how the story was executed. The ending always hits me right in the feels... ;__:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Pokémon 2000 is my favorite. The plot was the best of the movies and there's some great moments with Ash and Team Rocket and some really funny lines.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I cannot point out a favourite movie. None of them really shine out of all in my opinion.

I'd probably say the first one, if I had to pick.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
I'm quite partial to: Pokemon 2000, it was the first Pokemon Movie I saw in the theaters and I still hold it close to my heart. XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I like Pokemon the first movie, it will always be the number 1 best movie.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Dunno, most of them aren't really that good. The older ones seem to be better than the more recent ones but thats partially out of nostalgia. It's hard to pick since none of them are absolutely better than the rest but Id go with Pokemon 2000

Years
That's a hard one, I like almost all of the Pokemon movies!

The best I can do is make a top 5 list, can't just name one. My list looks this way.

1) The Rise of Darkrai
2) Arceus and the Jewel of Life
3) The Spell of the Unown
4) Celebi Voice of the Forrest
5) Jirachi Wishmaker

What I like about the Darkrai movie in particular is that its unique and different with a darker mood, it's like stumbling into the Twilight Zone. Who knows what might be an illusion? Yet while dark it can be eerily beautiful and gripping, especially the climax with Dialga and Palkia. Everything about it is powerful to me from hearing Oracion played to Darkrai's exit.

The Arceus movie had to grow on me. I needed to hear the original Japanese voice actor's more subtle performance to finally connect with the character of Arceus. But its one of Pokemon's most ambitious efforts. Its a story of epic proportions, and I like Sheena's role and character design.

The Spell of the Unown was my favorite for many years and the movie that got to me really enjoy others in the film franchise. As a lonely girl like Molly I could really identify with a Pokemon being your guardian protector. It was also nice to see Charizard again, and Misty doing some intense battling against unbeatable dream Pokemon!

The Celebi movie I think is really sweet, the forrest itself feels like a warms and alive place. This one reminds me more of a Hayao Miyazaki film, and I love that!

The Jirachi movie is also a lot of fun and a bit surreal. A Pokemon carnival is definitely going to make me smile.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, possibly the first movie, Mewtwo Strikes back, or the third, about Unown and Entei. The third movie was overall just great in many ways, amazing soundtrack, good story that didn't hinge on the world being in ultimate danger (which gets tiresome after a few movies of that, and made the second movie pretty ridiculous...) and cuteness even.

I also really liked the "sinnoh movie trilogy" about Darkrai, Giratina and Arceus. iirc Darkrai's movie was slightly better than the others, from my experience. I really didn't like how Arceus was portrayed aha, like a spoiled angery child kind of? Mind you it's been a while since I watched it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The second movie is still my absolute favorite after all these days. Though my top five would have to be the following:

1. Movie 2000
2. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
3. Victini
4. Pokemon Heroes
5. Wishmaker or Spell of the Unown I'm not really sure to be quite honest.

Lucario and Victini were later additions to my favorite movies but the other ones I have watched so so many times and would gladly watch them again. Though honestly that's most of the movies before the Victini one, ahah. The ones after that not so much other than perhaps I Choose You. Probably the first one in a while that I am looking forward to rewatching.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I like any gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 pokemon movies. They are better in my opinion since they are not put up on a pedastal like gen 1 & 2 movies which i really starting to dislike due to the favoritism towards them which is annoying in my opinion. I will never like gen 7 either.

Anyway, i really enjoyed the gen 3, 4 ,5 & 6 movies. They are all pretty original and well written in my opinion. The best movies out of all of them.

Guest123_x1

You would think, given my long-time Molly Hale forumset, that Spell of the Unown would be my top favorite Pokémon movie, but Mewtwo Strikes Back is my ultimate favorite in this category. I remember the intensive hype surrounding its US theatrical release (1999, shortly after it was released, it would face intense competition from Toy Story 2, the latter of which I went to see, and thought the long lines at the movies were for Pokémon.), and the story surrounding Mewtwo was intense (even if it was completely rewritten by 4Kids to not resemble that of the Japanese version).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
The OS movies were original well written and had a lot of hard work put into them.

1. Pokemon the first movie was pure epic.

2. Pokemon the movie 2000 was okay.

3. Pokemon 3 the Movie was really good.

The movies after the OS are okay, but they really decline badly.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
The pokemon movies really picked up when gen 3 movies began. AG, DP, BW & XY movies had top OS movies by a mile.

OS movies are good at best but not the greatest. SM movies had came dead last so OS is not the worst.

Years
You would think, given my long-time Molly Hale forumset, that Spell of the Unown would be my top favorite Pokémon movie, but Mewtwo Strikes Back is my ultimate favorite in this category. I remember the intensive hype surrounding its US theatrical release (1999, shortly after it was released, it would face intense competition from Toy Story 2, the latter of which I went to see, and thought the long lines at the movies were for Pokémon.), and the story surrounding Mewtwo was intense (even if it was completely rewritten by 4Kids to not resemble that of the Japanese version).
LOL.
What else would you expect from someone? You seem a die-hard fan of that movie as you've got a Molly avie and signature. Jokes aside, Mewtwo Strikes Back is a good movie to be the beginning of the Pokemon movie franchise. I loved when Ash walked ahead all the non-cloned Pokemon like if he was challenging Mewtwo and his gang of cloned Pokemon. Ash really tried to punch Mewtwo rolf. It's heartbreaking when Ash turns into and everyone cries for him. As a kid there is no way you can't just love that movie!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
OS movies are still much better then the ones that came after. AG/DP/BW/XY movies were okay, but they wasn't the greatest.

The Mewtwo movie always will standout for being the best movie ever.

Back