• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
I am hoping the Sword and Shield story will have an similar elements to that of Diamond and Pearl like how XY has an similar element to that of Advanced Generations:

Ash obtains an Fire-type starter Pokemon that was abandoned by its original trainer.
An female trainer follows the same career as her mother, like how Dawn follows the same career as her.
Both Ash and its female companions exchange their Pokemon for desireable reasons.

How do you think abou that?

(sorry for my poor English)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I wouldn't be opposed to that. Honestly as long as there are fun battles and plenty of growth and pokemon interaction I will likely enjoy the series fully.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I am hoping the Sword and Shield story will have an similar elements to that of Diamond and Pearl like how XY has an similar element to that of Advanced Generations:

Ash obtains an Fire-type starter Pokemon that was abandoned by its original trainer.
An female trainer follows the same career as her mother, like how Dawn follows the same career as her.
Both Ash and its female companions exchange their Pokemon for desireable reasons.

How do you think abou that?

(sorry for my poor English)

I don't think that they would try that hard to copy another series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Don't think it's a matter of trying just whatever seems to work for the series. For Sinnoh it worked for Dawn to follow her mom's footsteps but not for Serena and her mom. I think it'll depend on what the games itself bring to the plate since that heavily tends to influence things on the anime side.

Years
Don't think it's a matter of trying just whatever seems to work for the series. For Sinnoh it worked for Dawn to follow her mom's footsteps but not for Serena and her mom. I think it'll depend on what the games itself bring to the plate since that heavily tends to influence things on the anime side.

Yeah, the female protagoinst for Sword and Shield would have her follow the same steps as her mother.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I was browsing through Reddit discussion's and apparently Sword and Shield (The games) will be directed towards older audiences, which then leads me to question will it be the same with the anime? Targeted towards older fans and become more mature?

I've been trying to find where I read that as someone did put an official statement on it from somewhere a link of some sorts but I can't find it. Is there anyone here that can confirm it? And if it does turn out to be true what do you all think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mm yeah i havent heard anything about it so unless there is a official source id take that with the smallest grain of salt seeing as pokemon has been targetted for kids since the beginning. And i can't even say that the mood of the game reflexs off the anime because best wishes and xy certainly dont fit the same mood as the games.

Years
Most likely it would be more violent than it was in previous Pokemon anime series, hence why Reddit users think about it.

I am hoping TPCi can tone down the huge violent in manner way.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't think that they would change Pokemon's target audience anyways.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Yeah, I doubt it will ever happen because of the english audience. The censorship is already unreal as it is in sun and moon.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
The main selling audience for the anime and games is going to be based on the younger audience due to driving new and ongoing sales.
I hope that a female for Galar region has a similar concept to May, Dawn, and Serena.... or someone that has a desire to become a pokemon doctor like Brock....but a female. Ash's crew right now doesn't have a clear direction.

I just hope they do not go 3d like the mewtwo movie for the anime. I enjoy traditional art styles in animation more than botched 3D

Years
I am hoping about Sword and Shield would have almost background rendered entirely in 3D as opposed to 2D background, this is also in case for battle scenes too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
yeah no the anime needs to stay 2d thanks. if the mewtwo movie tells me anything i would hate it if they convert to 3d. besides cgi isn't as big of a thing in japan as it is in the west as far as i know anyways.

Kolar™

Banned
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Ima, hop in. First thing, i am bored of gyms
S/M was the best series ever (according to me)

I just want something new. The third party boy facing gym, will be better i guess ( i know, not happening).
Replacing ash will be theirs worst mistake. It will be better if ash story ends, after this series. With ass finally winning the league and saying, "i have full filled my destiny". Maybe revealing ash's dad.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sun/Moon was a good series but not what I want from the series all the time. Some of its elements I didn't like while other elements I love. There are elements that I enjoy from mostly every season and it would be amazing if they incorporated all of it into one region which would absolutely become my favorite haha. Chances of that happening are very, very, low though since for some reason there are two like major things that i love that is in either one series or another but rarely in both pf.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
yeah no the anime needs to stay 2d thanks. if the mewtwo movie tells me anything i would hate it if they convert to 3d. besides cgi isn't as big of a thing in japan as it is in the west as far as i know anyways.

Yeah. I think that the CGI is only for M22 and I don't think that they would make the entire anime CGI.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Scottish accent? Heh that is as likely as British or Irish ok. It will be whatever they want it to be, if anything at all.

Back