• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamping the Pokemon Anime Forum.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I apologize if any of this comes off as condescending/passive aggressive.

I'll be blunt and direct: I am not happy with the way the Pokemon Anime section is at the moment, I feel as if it could use serious revamping/redoing.

I'll start with how the section itself is kind of inactive. A lot of the threads are pretty much the same threads over and over again. This is not engaging, and honestly, a thousand "which character is cuter" isn't going to give the forum any potency. Perhaps that's up to the members, to make more interesting threads, but all these uninteresting, and borderline spammy, if you ask me. This is just based on my judgement.

That being said, the section itself could use a ton of more potency and a little more rule enforcing. I don't feel like it's in my place as a member to comment on the moderation of a section, but I suppose I will. Right now, I feel as if the section is poorly moderated. I've seen a ton of character bashing (which should be against the rules, in my opinion) and flaming going around in the section, and no moderator stepping into delete those posts or lock those threads. Staff stepping in and cleaning the section up a bit would perhaps make it be a more adequate section overall.

As for activity, maybe try a contest or two. I remember a Caption Contest being run every once in awhile, which doesn't seem to have been done in awhile? Those were always fun, and I'd be more than willing to come up with other contest ideas, if I think of any.

I will refrain from saying merge the section with Pokemon General at this time, however. The section is just showing its age, I suppose.

That's it. I'll go now.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • First of all I'd like to thank you for your feedback, I always welcome it 8)

I apologize if any of this comes off as condescending/passive aggressive.

I'll be blunt and direct: I am not happy with the way the Pokemon Anime section is at the moment, I feel as if it could use serious revamping/redoing.

I'll start with how the section itself is kind of inactive. A lot of the threads are pretty much the same threads over and over again. This is not engaging, and honestly, a thousand "which character is cuter" isn't going to give the forum any potency. Perhaps that's up to the members, to make more interesting threads, but all these uninteresting, and borderline spammy, if you ask me. This is just based on my judgement.

It certainly doesn't help that the English dub has been on a break for over a month, but there has been a lot going on with the original episodes. If you have an issue with the thread qualities then I encourage you to make threads that you find more interesting. Unfortunately I have almost no control on what is being discussed in those forums aside from making threads myself. Do you have any ideas on what you'd like to see more discussion of or any methods of promoting more diverse discussion?

That being said, the section itself could use a ton of more potency and a little more rule enforcing. I don't feel like it's in my place as a member to comment on the moderation of a section, but I suppose I will. Right now, I feel as if the section is poorly moderated. I've seen a ton of character bashing (which should be against the rules, in my opinion) and flaming going around in the section, and no moderator stepping into delete those posts or lock those threads. Staff stepping in and cleaning the section up a bit would perhaps make it be a more adequate section overall.

Personally I don't want to endorse unnecessary censorship by deleting posts based on someone's opinion. What is there to discuss when everyone has the same opinion? If you feel like there needs to be more moderation, please use the report button. I tend to give posts the benefit of the doubt and sometimes I can let things go that should not have been let go, and it's easier to moderate when you can see others' perspectives.

As for activity, maybe try a contest or two. I remember a Caption Contest being run every once in awhile, which doesn't seem to have been done in awhile? Those were always fun, and I'd be more than willing to come up with other contest ideas, if I think of any.

Last few activities/events that I tried to do for those forums didn't go well, which gave me the impression that the members who visit those forums aren't all that interested in those events/activities. If you'd like to organize something that you think would be fun, I definitely encourage you to do so :P Or if you want to plan something and want help, you can always message me.

Again, I thank you for your feedback.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Wobbu, you really think you will help Anime section by deleting posts that may be OT (though I failed to see what exactly was OT in my deleted posts), but at least they were discussions there? I don't really think so. If anything, it will actually make me stay out of this Forum, afraid to post something, because it may be deleted anyway. And if there will be more feelling the same way, the Forum will go dead soon. Is that what you want?

Years
  • Wobbu, you really think you will help Anime section by deleting posts that may be OT (though I failed to see what exactly was OT in my deleted posts), but at least they were discussions there? I don't really think so. If anything, it will actually make me stay out of this Forum, afraid to post something, because it may be deleted anyway. And if there will be more feelling the same way, the Forum will go dead soon. Is that what you want?

I can see your concern there, because I know discussions over there get heated and that's why I rarely post there, and when I do I tend to avoid the heated debates. If you are questioning over your deleted posts, I'd likely recommend you ask Wobbu via private message.

Don't feel bad about yourself, I often questioned myself when I had a post deleted as well (heck even when I found out I broke a rule I thought I was going to get kicked out of the forums) but remember, he'll try and point out what went wrong so you can learn from said mistake.

I know what it feels like for even the staff, they don't usually like having to hand out infractions or bans most of the time unless if the offence or situation calls for them to do so.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't see the threads repeating the same topic as an issue because the previous threads have reached their one-month expiration date. What I do have a problem with are its most common members going into heated debates on how to "save" the Pokemon anime from Yokai Watch's popularity, when all of their ideas would only make the anime worse than it currently is. Even newcomers of the section who try to avoid the problem end up becoming part of the problem themselves such as discussing hair styles.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • This thread is about the forum section Pokémon Anime; not the actual anime. Please keep posts related to the section.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • If you're right about users breaking the rules and not being infracted then I'm all down with your suggestion. I wanna ask something though: Is this thread going anywhere near a resolution? Neither the creator of the thread, nor the actual moderator have replied again. If this is still open to debate then it's taking a long time, if it's not; the thread should be locked.

I assumed the discussion was done already, so I haven't replied. I've also been working on things that the moderator of the section pointed out, so I felt I didn't really need to post again.

I also forgot to ask for someone to close this...

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Yeah, Karnavaly has been following some of my suggestions and I've taken note of the feedback, so I believe we've reached a resolution as far as this thread is concerned 8)

Wobbu, you really think you will help Anime section by deleting posts that may be OT (though I failed to see what exactly was OT in my deleted posts), but at least they were discussions there? I don't really think so. If anything, it will actually make me stay out of this Forum, afraid to post something, because it may be deleted anyway. And if there will be more feelling the same way, the Forum will go dead soon. Is that what you want?

I'm sorry you feel that way but if you truly think the actions I performed were out of line, then please send me a private message so we can clear up any misunderstandings, or you can always ask the higher staff for a neutral perspective of the situation, too. However, I will not be discussing this in a thread.

Back