• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Hacked pokemon with website names still being surprise traded

RoastedCR

Sussy baka.
Years
    • (Male) He/Him/They
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 20, 2022
    soooo, around 1 or 2 years ago, nintendo started taking action against hacked pokemon being distributed through surprise trades. these pokemon usually have a website name such as machamps.com, dadiscord.co, pkmnlab.com, pkmngen.com, discord.gg, and pokefast.uk.
    Even though this is a good thing that nintendo is taking action against them, i keep receiving hacked pokemon with website names from random bots, and i keep them in this "quarantine box" to be released.
    Is this ever gonna stop? I know using these hacked pokemon is illegal, but i'm just paranoid this is going to get me banned for something i didnt do. my little brother used these hacked pokemon which have been surprise traded as a "panthlet" to random players.
    even though he doesnt use them anymore, there is a high chance that this could get players banned for using a pokemon they didnt know was hacked.
    And even now, they still keep this up. or is it that there are using external software improperly?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I got a couple of them too a few weeks back when I did some Surprise Trades. One if not both were machamps.com.

There's probably not much they can do about these though, since a lot of obviously hacked/genned Pokemon are also ones that are capable of existing naturally, so they can't just ban everyone using a 6IV shiny and such since that runs the risk of banning people for a legitimately obtained 'mon. All they really can do is what they've been doing for generations, which is barring Pokemon that have impossible aspects or combinations of them. Stuff like an impossible obtained location, moves, shiny when the Pokemon is still shiny locked, etc.

But that also probably means that at the very least as long as people avoid using them in stuff like Raids and online battles, there's little real danger of anything happening to anyone. Unless they're capable of doing more than I think they can.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • So far i have three hacked pokémon in my possesion. two of which i got from a surprise trade (Both were from Machamps.com) and one from a GTS trade in Pokémon HOME, Which i absolutely didn't expect at all.

At least they helped me register some shiny Pokémon into my national pokedex in Pokémon HOME.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, I got a bunch of them while doing A Clubhouse trade event. It's lame but, like, whatever I won't use them anyway. All they're good for are dex entries.

RoastedCR

Sussy baka.
    Years
    • (Male) He/Him/They
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 20, 2022
    i have a theory on this situation too, but it's uncomfirmed.
    ive noticed when this scam started, they would use the .com domain usually.
    But know they are using the .org domain or other domains. This might mean (and i sure hope) this means they are getting desperate. I've heard that nintendo has blocked hacked pokemon using a .com domain. I really hope they are getting desperate, because if they are, they only have sometime before nintendo shuts them down.

Also, i used a bot called beri to make a clean duplicate of this hacked zoroark i got, then released the hacked one. Can i use it in online without getting banned?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    If you can use it online, then there's no problem at all with using the original, besides it being obvious that it was hacked. At which point those websites are being obnoxious but not actually doing anything wrong.

So if you think using the originals are wrong, you shouldn't use your clone either.

That being said, if the Pokemon is "legal" (you could theoretically catch a Pokémon on the wild / hatch an egg and train to get a Pokemon with the exact same information) then no, there's no chance of banning by the reasons Nah explained.

But if you don't know how to check for that, the best thing to do is not use it.

Years
  • I got one before too, I think? But I'd have to dig around in my HOME boxes to find it. Think it was also that Machamp something site. Sucks that it's still happening but I'm not surprised :s

Toastypk

Baku.
    Years
  • Yeah, this keeps happening. I started a thread just like this last year.
    Btw it's important to make a distinction between Hacked Pokemon and Genned Pokemon. Genned Pokemon are Pokemon you could obtain in game with all the proper work and luck, and they'll have stats are are attainable in the game. But it will usually be all 31 IVs and shiny. I've gotten a number of them, and I don't like them, because instead of putting forth your best, you can just POOF and get something perfect, which is really cheap.

Hacked Pokemon are ones with stats or moves that they cannot obtain legitimately. Having one of those is almost bound to get you banned. (I fought some jerk's Spiritomb with Wonder Guard once in Pokemon Diamond, making it immune to everything!)

However, every time I see one of those website Pokemon trainers go by on the list, I just add them to my block list. And there must be LOTS of them, cause I have dozens of the same Machamps trainer on there!

If you're looking to dispose of them, do so, even though you can never un-get their dex entries. And the Master Ball they usually come with, which is almost certainly hacked in as well, to get rid of it, take it and put it on a Pokemon to give to that trainer in the Isle of Armor who looks for Galar form Pokemon. Then you won't feel guilty!

Side note: Nintendo sued a player who was selling a hacked Sobble once. In this case money was being exchanged.

Back