Started by Morganatri June 24th, 2019 4:29 AM
  • 48 replies
Age 26
Under my rock
Seen 46 Minutes Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
50 posts
1.7 Years
Finally done! I apologize for the long wait, I ended up writing the history too long and had to find ways to shorten it so it wasn't completely absurd.

Kira Wolf

--=-- 15 =--= Kiuita town =--= Female --=--

Appearance
Kira is a touch on the short side at 5’1” with a bit of a smaller build despite being somewhat athletic. Despite not being shy of the outdoors Kira is rather pale, her skin more likely to burn than tan on a hot day.

Her darker Mahogany hair is kept cut “Boyishly” short and is only styled just enough to keep it from going everywhere. Her eyes are a rather bright green color which strongly contrast with her hair and her face is somewhat freckled.

As far as fashion goes Kira is very much a comfort over style kind of person. Preferring lighter, cool clothing Kira can most often be seen in rather plain, loose fitting T-shirts, Shorts, and either a pair of sneakers or flipflops depending on what she has planned for the day. Ever since joining the academy she’s been carrying around a blue messenger bag to carry around her stuff in.

History
Native to the Kinyo region itself, Kira grew up in the small fishing village known as Kiuita town. Being on an island, Kira spent most of her child roaming the nearby beaches with her three brothers, swimming, wrestling, daring each other to sneak up on resting Pokémon, and generally just being a bunch of bored kids.

Life on the island would be completely unremarkable if it weren’t for one prominent landmark, Kiuita town was home to the Kinyo region’s Pokémon league. Despite its dwindling popularity Kira loved watching the battles that took place there. Relentlessly she begged her parents and eventually her older brothers to take her any time she caught word of battles occurring there. It was in those spectator stands where her heart was set, one day she wanted to be a Pokémon trainer and battle in front of hundreds of people in this very stadium. When she told her family though they didn’t seem thrilled to hear about this dream of hers. “There’s no future in becoming a trainer. It’s a waste of time. Be a sailor like your father.” were the general responses she got, her mother being the harshest.

From then on it became harder to find anyone to take her. After about a month of getting nothing but no from her family she started sneaking out and into the arena, something she was caught and scolded for quite a few times. It’s during one of these outings where she overheard some people talking. while most of the conversation about attendance and finances went over her head, she was able to take away one thing from their conversation, the Pokémon league was considering shutting its doors; permanently.

Kira was crushed hearing this, refusing to even believe it at first. However, the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. The crowd did dwindle as the years went on, most of the trainers competing seemed to be from other regions and even her own family stopped coming to watch. Kira started panicking as she came to a simple realization, if she wanted to fulfill her dream, she’d have to act fast.

That next day she took some of the money she saved and left for the local market to buy her first pokéball. Despite offering extra though she was refused the sale for not being a licensed Pokémon trainer. Unable to think straight at this point she did the only logical thing she had in mind, staking out the store for awhile, she stole a ball when she was certain the shopkeeper wasn’t looking, leaving behind the money for it in its place.

From there she headed out to the beach as fast as she could, her pilfered ball hidden as well as she could manage in her rushed state. Hastily she searched for a Pokémon, scared to death of being caught before she managed to find something. From there she found a Spheal, resting on a rock just off the coast. Just like she had done many times before with her brothers, she snuck up on it as quietly as she could and once she was close she basically shoved the ball into the Pokémon’s unsuspecting face.

All her fear and anxiety melted away into pure excitement as she heard that satisfying “Click” from the ball. Finally, she took her first step to becoming a real Pokémon trainer! That excitement lasted her all the way until she got home, where she was greeted by several police officers and very upset parents. Aside from answering a few questions Kira had very little interaction with the police, most of the proceedings being handled by her parents, her newly acquired Pokémon being taken from her in the process.

As several days passed Kira was essentially put under house arrest as the police and her parents discussed. She was on edge and was contemplating sneaking out again however she was sternly warned that if she were caught again it would lead to even more severe trouble. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, she was eventually called to the police station. Feeling an odd mixture of relief and dread as she went to learn of her fate.

After yet another stern scolding, they finally told her that she would be sent off to a school in Mahano town. After Kira’s initial protests her mother gave a deep sigh and tossed her the Pokéball the police confiscated a few days ago. “Mahono town is home to a trainer School, you’ll be attending.” She said sternly, yet in a bit of a defeated tone.

Kira was stunned, in a way, her stupid reckless stunt had worked! Speechless, Kira did nothing but stare forward in genuine shock before one of the officers spoke up to break the silence. He briefly explained that she wasn’t quite off the hook just yet for stealing the pokéball and that she’d be doing some community service for the town for awhile after she arrived.

Without hesitation Kira agreed to this and by the next morning was already packed and on her way to Mahono town.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives
Aside from the obvious answer of Pokémon, Kira’s interests ended up falling on the tomboyish side thanks to her growing up with three brothers. Video games, Action movies, Roughhousing and general mischief were all several minor interests she picked up from them as the only other option was to play on her own.

As she attended the school, Kira quickly noticed that she was in the minority as someone native to the Kinyo region, many of the other students being transfer students from elsewhere. This absolutely baffled her, was interest in Pokémon battling really dwindling that badly? For this reason, Kira’s main goal is to do her own part in reigniting people’s interest in Pokémon in any way she can.

Personality
Kira is a very social, friendly, outgoing kind of person. Quick to strike up conversations with just about anyone who’s willing to listen to her. Despite her rather cheerful personality though, Kira can be rather headstrong and gets very stubborn in the worst cases, often going behind peoples backs to get her way, something that’s got her a tongue lashing on more than one occasion.

While not very book smart, Kira took her studies rather seriously, afraid that letting her grades slip would earn her a one-way ticket home from her parents. Knowing she needed all the help she could get Kira almost always ended up studying in groups and preferably with people more intelligent than her. The only area of study Kira truly excelled in was her practical exams which years of watching league battle prepared her for. Overall, Kira’s grades ended up rather average, her practical scores carrying the deadweight of her exam scores just enough to avoid a call from her parents.

Starting pokemon

Azure the Spheal
Male / Calm / Thick Fat

- Water Gun
- Powdered Snow
- Defense Curl
- Aqua Ring

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
Just WIP for the HIstory

Unnerved Pokemon Trainer

Name: Leon Hikashi ♒︎

Appearance
Leon is about 5'6. He is a teenage boy with short, messy black hair which sprawls across his forehead. He has dark blue eyes. He wears a pair of black glasses with thick black rims, for his blue eyes. He wears a striped brown and grey sweater with a hoodie, with a white shirt underneath. Bottom half, he wears dark brown trousers, with dress shoes.

History
---

Goals/Interests/Dreams
Leon does not have big aspirations himself, as he only planned on this journey to just go with the flow, and experience all he can. But secretly, he wants to find a reason to be useful for everyone, and find his own strength from within. Perhaps this journey for him will yield him the answers he needs.

Strengths
Leon is a kind, obedient, and gentle boy. His mannerisms are pretty straight-forward; he speaks in a more dignified tone, addressing people as he would like to be addressed - with the utmost respect. He takes care of others when they need it, whether it be person, or pokemon.

Weaknesses:
He's not very confident with himself. Thus, he does not like getting into conflicts of mayhem, so some can view him as unreliable. With his lack of confidence, he also does not stand up for himself whenever someone confronts him.

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle
Nickname: Blast
Moveset: Tackle - Tail Whip - Aura Sphere

Age 20
Somewhere in Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
24 posts
59 Days
Not rushing or anything, but any idea on when we can expect to start?
In the process of making the IC - you can expect to see it up (at latest) by the end of next week? Been a bit busy irl sorry! Though the busyness will definitely clear soon, if not, August.

Embyr your sign-up looks great - approved! :)

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
Spoiler:

Name:Flame Moore

Appearance: At a height of 5'9" Flame wears a blue and black jacket over his white shirt, a pair of black and red shoes, black and red shorts, a black hat, a red and white backpack, and lastly he wears a red belt.

History:Flame was born in Hoenn he was the younger brother of Flannery, Flame's mom wanted him to become the gym leader of Lavaridge town after his grandfather retired but he didn't want to be the gym leader he wanted to participate in contests with his torchic his mother was tired of him saying that he wanted to participate in contests so his mother called her sister who lived in the Kinyo Region and told her to come here in Hoenn and take Flame to the Kinyo region and that's exactly what happened Her sister came flying on her pidgeot to pick Flame up and off to the Kinyo region they went.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives: Flame soon later lost the interest of Pokemon Contests and focused more on battling his motives were to beat his sister Flannery in a battle and become the champion of the Kinyo League

Personality:Back in Hoenn Flame was a laid-back guy but ever since he moved to Kinyo he trained hard and became too serious he was never invited to parties because he killed the fun last time he was invited to one and hasn't laughed since he came to the Kinyo region.

Partner Pokemon:

Nature: Lonely

Nickname: Inflame

Moveset: Ember, Night Slash (egg move), Scratch, Growl.

Am I late if not then here it is
and the art was made by Elaynii also I couldn't describe the pokeballs and belt thing I just couldn't.
I'm an adult who has the mind of a child

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
uhhh I wonder if Morgantri forgot about this thread

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
that's a good idea well I'm not taking over it

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.

Female
Somewhere on, Earth
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
18 posts
154 Days
Even though Morganatri hasn't posted in this thread in about a month, our hope remains strong that she will return. But in the meantime, here's a funny video to keep us entertained while we wait for updates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJAJkaEQDXg

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
Yeah that video was pretty funny but if she doesn't respond for like 2 months I think all hope is lost for this RP Who knew furret could make a good naruto
Age 20
Somewhere in Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
24 posts
59 Days
uhhh I wonder if Morgantri forgot about this thread
Thankfully, I'm alive. Had a busy situation for all of July and some of August (I was overseas) so hopefully I'm good now. Ohh, and please add a last name for your character!

Someone else should take over and start the RP 😜
I mean I literally did ask if anyone wanted to co-GM in case something like this happened. 😭😭😭

Anyway, I submitted the IC thread. Originally, I was planning to post all the routes and towns in Chapter 1 but it kinda proved to be way too much to handle for one post and just from a writing point of view (I've planned out encounters up until Gym 3/4 in case you're curious) so I've kinda cut down the scale of my posts and am gonna try and take a more slow approach now.

Anyone who submitted a sign-up are accepted if you haven't been already (except Dragon, because their sign-up isn't done yet). That puts us at a total of 9-10 roleplayers, so this roleplay is official CLOSED unless people drop out (which is understandable given my unreliable activity).

Also, if I can't run this RP anymore, I will tell you guys and not ghost you all. 🙃

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
YAY Morganatri’s back

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
Ok so the last name is Moore since I don't know Flannerys last name but I made Flannery my character's sister so that means his grandfather is Mr.Moore the grandfather of Flannery so I'm just going to stick with that and I edited my post to include Flames last name.
and Flame's mother is pretty terrible

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
Sup my post should be up also I requested my first pokemon at the end of the post just in case you didn't get it
Age 20
Somewhere in Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
24 posts
59 Days
Quick question: How will evolving through happiness work? Since certain Pokemon ( like my Pichu.) can only evolve through leveling up with high happiness, how will they be able to evolve?
As stated in the initial OOC post, use your common sense. If you're not sure, then just ask me. Since it's a Pokemon like Pichu I'd guess around third gym?

Anyway, since I'm replying, I might as well address writing quality. First of all:

All IC Posts must be at least 100 words long in length. It's not hard to do, and it makes sure that something happens in every post!
Lycan, you need to meet this requirement, but at the same time you shouldn't be writing for the sake of meeting the requirement. It's important that you put more care and effort into your posts. This is a general statement, but there's no time pressure to rush a post - realistically we're looking at maybe 2-3 weeks before another IC update happens so that other roleplayers settle into the RP. That means there's enough time to write a post that both meets the standards of Pokecommunity roleplaying as well as your own (this applies to Blaziken as well, because I noticed a few errors which could have easily been fixed by checking over) :) Anyway, since you technically infringed the forum's rules, this is your first official warning. Repeat infringements may lead me to kick you out of the RP. 😕

Sup my post should be up also I requested my first pokemon at the end of the post just in case you didn't get it
Spoiler:
Level 3 Rattata

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
833 posts
35 Days
Oh and one more so do I just give rattata one of its normal abilities and some of its level up moves
Like tackle and tail whip or do you have to do it
Age 20
Somewhere in Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
24 posts
59 Days
There's no limit to how many Pokémon you can catch in total, but you are restricted to one per area. Its moveset is up to you (so long as it can learn it), but I recommend following what moves the Pokémon would normally have for its level. Although the Pokémon is generated randomly, if you really like a Pokémon, or it's important for your personal story reasons, and it's in a particular route, I may make an exception - just be reasonable.
Please check the original post before asking questions like that - chances are its already been answered. 😅

So yeah, your Rattata would have Tackle and Tail Whip.
Age 26
Under my rock
Seen 46 Minutes Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
50 posts
1.7 Years
I guess I'll give a bit of an update here.

I've been debating whether or not I want to continue with this rp over the past few days. On one hand one month was a lot of time to burn out on a character idea and I am a bit busier now than I was back then, on the other though I was pretty proud of how Kira's SU came out.

I've decided I will go ahead and continue for now although it might be a few days before I can get an IC post out. I don't have a work day that's not 10 hours long until Sunday so progress will be slow for me till then.

ElBurrito

I'm not just any burrito. I am THE burrito.

Age 24
Male
Middle of Nowhere, Missouri. 'Murica!.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
820 posts
9.6 Years
My first post is currently in the works. Just trying to figure out exactly how I want to start off.
Advertiser Content