• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • So since I can encounter three pokemon now, so can you role two more times, and since there is a quest system being the trainer who wants to be better than everyone else, I need to complete all of these. ha ha ha😅
    I'm gonna wait for Morgan to roll you some Pokémon, but I'm popping in because I want everyone to realize that these quests are optional! They're designed to open up the world and give you some ideas of what you might do, rather than be a checklist of objectives. Don't worry about not "following the story" or that you're "missing out" on anything; we are fully able to work with your ideas and make sure your characters have many opportunities to interact with the things we design. :)

Years
  • Since I can encounter three pokemon now, so can you role two more times, and since there is a quest system being the trainer who wants to be better than everyone else, I need to complete all of these. ha ha ha😅

Following on from Aqua, don't worry too much - they're more suggestions rather than mandatory goals.

Your other two rolls:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Name: Andy Richter
    Age 15 years old

Appearence: 5' 7'' white hair done in a buzz cut, fairly thin (think 160 lbsCarries a smile of cautious optimism, keeping a close eye out for new friends or unexpected events or new areas. Andy walks with great posture giving off an air of confidence that most people will take notice of, it makes him quite easy to talk to without looking as if he's seeking attention. He does have a little case of acne leftover from his earlier teenage years, though it's so minor people could possibly mistake that for freckles. Appearance: Long Khaki pants that have quite a few pockets, with the leg sections going down to the sneakers, a light blue polo long sleeve shirt black sneakers with a Pikachu tail thunderbolt design. Andy also packed a pair of blue jeans, a thick sweater that's mainly gray with red sleeves and tan leather boots for Tundra-like areas. As long as the clothes are clean, Andy isn't one for fashion though he could resemble a walking kaleidoscope to some. Aside from that, he will always strive to look presentable.

History:Born into a quaint, moderately sized house in Mahogany Town Andy was an introvert at the start of his childhood, clinging mainly to his parents, Bob and Martha Richter for protection due to extreme shyness. This led to him being homeschooled and learning basic reading, writing, and math from them. The parents wanted him to make some friends with any other kids at their favorite spot, which also happens to be where the parents met, , Corsola Cove, around Mt Mortar, dubbed that due to the abundance of Corsola present. However, if they tried to help him he would run away without saying a word with a very scared expression on his face, thus leading the local kids in Mahogany to label him an oddball.

This continued until age 6 during one routine day at Andy's now favorite area. He was busy making little designs in the sand, with his parents watching him while they were lounging around. That is until a Water Ball pokémon popped its head out of the water. The Azurill, as identified by Mr. and Mrs. Richter who still carried pokèdexes just in case, merrily bounced up to the trio with a squeak. This was Andy's first encounter with a pokémon so initially, he recoiled away from it. The Aqua Mouse Pokémon just waved its bouncy tail at him, smiled and squeaked once more which made Andy more cautious now more than afraid as he reached out to pet the Marill of which it took full comfort in. Bob and Martha saw this occur and became overjoyed that their bundle of nerves seemed to have taken a shine to a pokémon and potential new friend. After a whole day of play by Andy and his new found poké-friend, Azurill, the Richters got ready to return to Mahogany Town. Before they left, she squeaked again, waved using that tail of hers and walked back into the lake.

From then on, Andy slowly became more outgoing. By age 10 thanks to repeated visits to see Azurill, he was at least being more vocal with the Mahogany Town locals, unless it was the first time meeting a person, in that case, he would start out timid but warm up to him or her after a few minutes of conversation. Andy's homeschooling was going well too, he was learning Middle School levels of reading, writing, and math. Though he was homeschooling well, he wasn't as interested as much. His love of nature though never really diminished still wanting to go to places along Johto such as Corsola Cove, Ecruteak City, and Olivine City, as well as keeping an eye on his neighbors' potted plants.

During the year before his 14th birthday, Andy's adventurous side started showing up, this did get a little halted by some money issue that had them move to Mahono Town of the Kinyo region. The new place and new faces had him back in his shell for a bit, though his little jewel of a mouse, which his parents gifted to him as a surprise, did coax him out of it after a bit of time. By age 14 it was off to trainer school where he would show interest in learning about pokemon breeding as well as ways to help injured or ailing pokemon. That doesnt mean he had no talent as a trainer, that just came at a slower pace. With the end of school looming , he now looks to get out to explore the region and befriending pokemon and perhaps some actual humans along the way.

Goals: He would probably more of a breeder and possibly move tutor (if things allow)

Personality: Andy is eager to observe the world around him and somewhat inquisitive. That inquisitiveness has made him very bright in terms of knowledge of nature but has also led to an unhealthy sense of danger because of it. Due to still being young, he is still a little naive, which results in him falling for pranks, such as April Fools pranks. However, when this does happen, he will see it as a learning experience and, in fact occasionally going along with it knowing full well that it's a prank for the sake of humor. One example of this comes from Ratattas or other prankster pokémon hiding his items all over Mahogany Town, the pokémon themselves belonging to other trainers. The scavenger hunts don't bother him as he sees the pokémon as being playful or silly. Andy has high morals and won't allow anything to happen to his friends, going out of his way to try and settle disputes between other locals, even though it's clearly none of his business, telling the truth whenever he does something wrong, or just being around for people that have had bad days. This does lead to him getting into some sticky situations, however, such as people ignoring Andy during a dispute, at which point he will leave them alone.

Andy will start out shy to any person or pokèmon but will gradually warm up to them as time goes on and strive above most things to keep his friends happy, beware he will run away from anyone that lashes out at him. Battle-wise Andy favors being more on the defensive side, envisioning pokémon battles to be more like chess matches rather than matches of power preferring to pick his opponents apart with strategy instead

Partner Pokemon: Azurill

Nickname: Aquamarine

Moveset: Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport. Sing

Pokemon Personally because wynaut : This rodent is Andy's first pokemon and first real friend that wasn't his parents. The mouse being full of energy to experience the region with him. Where Andy lets things happen with other people he meets, she will rush up to most pokemon and introduce herself, excited at making new poke-friends. Usually, she is seen bouncing along on either side of Andy, being a golden-hearted mouse. That is unless the pokemon is of the poison typing, in which she is deathly scared of them, not just the weakness factor either. During a trip through Route 42 in Johto, just before moving to Mahono Town they ran into probably the worst pokemon one could encounter on that route, a Golbat. While he knew after a scan of the pokemon that they didn't have a chance, the bat saw her as more of a snack, able to bite into her with its poisonous fangs. Least Bob and Martha were able to help out with an Arcanine and a Ninetales between them. Needless to say, it was off to the pokemon center to heal her back up. The mouse now has a quirk where she shudders at the sight of poisons in general, other types don't bother her at all unless they show poison moves in battle, then its back to treating them as if they are a poison type pokemon. That phoibia has also become Andy's by association, aside from Aqua's issues, Andy won't even use pokemon of that type or their moves, poisoning a pokemon for him is too barbaric for him, being around the bigger or more threatening poisons is also not an option if he can avoid it (the only one he may tolerate is a weedle because they are everywhere).

Last edited:

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.
    Years
  • Hey there! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the laptop I normally use is now being used by my mom for her college stuff and I just, forgot this thing existed lel. Anyways, I'm back.

Years
  • Eh, i forgot i've dropped my SU here. Does it have an issue?

Sorry, my bad, I forgot about it. If you're still keen, you're more than welcome to join since there's no problems with your SU.

Oh, does this rp still have spots left?

Yes, though I don't think I'll take any more after yours.

Hey there! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the laptop I normally use is now being used by my mom for her college stuff and I just, forgot this thing existed lel. Anyways, I'm back.

I understand life gets a little hectic sometimes so if it's too busy to RP, that's totally okay - I'm sure there'll be plenty of other chances out there. Otherwise, if I let you back in and you disappear again (it says you weren't online for more than a month), it wouldn't be fair to other roleplayers who did respond to the interest-check in a much more timely manner and want to keep going forward with it. Besides, now doesn't seem like a great time for you either.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Alright! I'll have my SU in as soon as possible! Here is my SU!

Momoka 'Momo' Kuchiki

picture.php

Appearance: Momo is a pink haired, blue eyed young teen standing at a height of 5', her weight hasn't been foretold, and fair skin. Her hair is medium length and tied into two low pigtails, two of her front strands that act like bangs are Mimi pink, and has a fringe over her eyes, mostly her left eye. Recently, she has changed her hairstyle to a ponytail instead, but changed her hairstyle only after recent events(the bar).
    Her first outfit consists of a light blue tank top, black shorts, a long light brown dress with cream colored lines accompanied by a black cloth tied around her waist and the top of the dress(from her neckline to her chest) is black, white knee length socks, and black boots up to her knees, but later on she will change into her everyday outfit, after addmitting that she choose this outfit to please her grandparents.
    She carries around a red and grey shoulder bag, carrying her extra clothes an any necessities she needs inside, and a brown belt around her waist to hold her pokeballs. Around her neck is an pink, blue, and floral white block scarf and she wears a golden pendant with a keystone in the middle(hidden underneath her scarf in the beginning, but is revealed later), obtaining it from her parents before the vanished, leaving her with her grandparents. On her head she wears a red beret(the one artists use).
    Spoiler:

Background: Momo couldn't remember who her parents where or where her birth home is, having lost both at a young age. She was moved to live with her grandparents in the Kinyo region and was enrolled into trainer school the moment she set foot. Around the age of 8, she came across a Mudkip who was having trouble getting out of a prickly bush, so she helped him, betting some scratches in the process. (Work In Process...)
    Interests/Aspirations/Motives: Momo has a couple interests: reading, exploring/traveling, and music. Although she does have some things she's proud to be good at, being taught by her grandmother, one of them is cooking, she's been doing so since she was around 7 years old, but another proud achievement of hers is sewing. Her grandmother told her that she needed to learn to sew when one day her clothes got ripped and she might need to fix them or needs to create some new clothes. She aspires to be a top trainer, not the number one best, but one of the best. One of her motives is to find her origins (like where she came from, who were her parents, what happened to them?), another is to trainer herself and her Pokemon to defeat the gym leaders and any powerful trainer they come across, and the third is to find the meaning behind the colorful stone on her pendant.
    Personality: Momo is a kind and compassionate girl, but tends to be a lone wolf and only speaks freely with those she trusts. She tends to hide her feelings and bear all the burdens on herself, not wanting outside help feeling that she will burden others if she asks, only allowing her Pokemon to help her. These are her strengths and weaknesses:
    Strengths:
    • Compassion/Benevolence - Momo is willing to help anybody in need, may it be human or Pokémon. She was taught to help others in need and be a good seminarian, she doesn't care how long it takes, or if she breaks off her fake mask, she will help anyone in need.
    • Acrobatic - Momo may look weak, but she has her reflexes and stamina to back it up. When she moved to Kinyo, she wanted to have a hobby to occupy herself with, so she took up gymnastics.
    • Intelligent - Along with her amazing gymnastics, she had her intelligence coming next in line. She would bury herself in books and study anything she can on Pokémon: abilities, types, moves, you name it. Ask her a question about Pokémon and she'll answer right away. She also learned tips and rules to caring for a Pokémon,helping her grandparents with their Pokemon and her own.
      Weaknesses:
    • Keeps to herself - Momo learned to keep everything bottled up the hard way. Even though she doesn't fully trust others, she still wouldn't take the chance of burdening others with her feelings and problems, rather, she'd face them herself. This causes her to overwork herself and scolds herself if someone gets involved in one of her problems.
    • Stubborn Mule - Once she sets her mind/option on something, it's hard to change it, you'll need to be very good at convincing her to change her course. She doesn't like to give up once she has her mind set on something, especially if it's helping someone in need.
    • Physically Weak - Even with her fast reflexes and good stamina, her strength isn't one of her strong points, in fact, it's one of her weakest points.

3561423-gsnu_pokemongomudkip_07182019_site.jpg

Spoiler:

Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
    Nickname: Finn (Male)
    Ability: Torrent
    Personality: Finn is a docile Mudkip who is strong willed and loyal. Protective of Momo though and will get aggressive when it comes to her. (More comes during the rp…)
    Move set: Ice Ball(Egg), Tackle, Growl, Water Gun

[These pictures don't belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners!]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright, my SU is up!
    Looks great - my only note is that one of the cities later on is called Momoka as well, so if you don't mind the coincidence (town/city naming theme is Japanese fruits if anyone was interested), I think everything's good.

With that, I'm re-closing the RP to sign-ups.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • I don't mind! I can't wait to get to that city, Momo will see herself as a city! Although I will give her a nickname Momo, so she will be referred as that with Momoka as her full first name.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back