• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

apple dongles up - again

Years
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/10/18/ipad-only-supports-first-apple-pencil/

yep apple did it again with requiring dongles, albeit this one could have probably been more avoided than when the headphone jack went away

the base model ipad only supports the first apple pencil, which charges naturally via lightning port. the new ipad charges via usb-c, which is why the dongle is required if you want to charge your pencil at the tablet

compare this to the apple pencil 2, which has been out since 2018, and can charge on the side of the models that support it, instead of plugging into a port

what is your take on this? should apple have included pencil 2 support in this ipad model, or is the dongle solution not that big of a deal in your mind?

Years
They're only supporting the older Apple Pencil? How does that make any sense?? All I have is the second and it just reinforces me not wanting to get another iPad since the 2018 Pro.

Years
They're only supporting the older Apple Pencil? How does that make any sense?? All I have is the second and it just reinforces me not wanting to get another iPad since the 2018 Pro.
the pro model supports the second gen pencil, as does the 2022 air model that released earlier this year

i agree it was a terrible decision tho

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Given they've bumped up the price, this is absurd. Just shows what a load of [insert profanity of choice] their supposed environmental reasons for removing chargers from phone packaging was.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
It's honestly a terrible decision. They really should just phase out the first gen Apple Pencil and allow all iPads to use the second gen model so it just charges wirelessly. It's just another tiny adapter they'll sell for $10 so people can buy them 15 times because they keep losing or breaking them.

Years
Given they've bumped up the price, this is absurd. Just shows what a load of [insert profanity of choice] their supposed environmental reasons for removing chargers from phone packaging was.

not so much environmental as it is profiting, tbh

they assume that people who buy the products must be rich enough to be able to afford a new charger, or those who refuse to buy chargers will at least charge through their computers

Back