• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Ranking the newest Pokémon with unique type combinations in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet introduced some new Pokémon that have type combinations that were never used before. Thus, the article would be about ranking all of them based upon how they perform in battle from worst to best while providing extra details on how their learnsets, Abilities, stats, and so on how they perform. It would also provide information on how they can make the best use of their type combinations if possible.

Thanks,

Serenity

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet introduced some new Pokémon that have type combinations that were never used before. Thus, the article would be about ranking all of them based upon how they perform in battle from worst to best while providing extra details on how their learnsets, Abilities, stats, and so on help them perform. It would also provide information on how they can make the best use of their type combinations if possible.

Thanks,

Serenity
    I like it!

To clarify, "how they perform in battle" - is this in-game, or competitive (singles and/or VGC/double), or both? Also, how many Pokemon does this then cover, curiously?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I like it!

To clarify, "how they perform in battle" - is this in-game, or competitive (singles and/or VGC/double), or both? Also, how many Pokemon does this then cover, curiously?

When I say, "how they perform in battle," I mean how they perform in general based on a combination of Abilities, stats, and moves, be it for a casual in-game playthrough or competitive play. It doesn't really specify any specific formats regarding competitive. Think of it as being more like, "Because this Pokémon has really high Speed and Special Attack, it can be used as a reliable special sweeper. Its Ability helps it even further because …" and I simply go into detail based on such information. In other words, the article would be worded in a way so that both casual and competitive players can get a good understanding of how they work without necessarily specifying any playing formats. Technically, this covers nine new Pokémon. All of them will be mentioned in the article, but regarding battle performance, I would be mainly detailing the fully evolved Pokémon since a fully evolved Pokémon is more ideal for battles.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Okay, sounds good. I suppose for unevolved (base) ones you could mention Little Cup potential if you wanted too.

Approved!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Okay, sounds good. I suppose for unevolved (base) ones you could mention Little Cup potential if you wanted too.

Approved!

Been busy with playing Tera Raids this weekend and a few other things, but I managed to finish the article. I have it saved as a draft. It is ready for your editing! 😊

Oh, by the way, because I have no experience with Little Cup whatsoever, I didn't write anything about it. I figure it would be best for me not to speak on something I don't have much knowledge on.
    Speaking of that, maybe I should give Little Cup battles a try in the future. They need love too. lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Comments! Overall it's good, and I like the inclusion of type coverage and weaknesses - certainly good to highlight in this article! Seems to cover all bases.

I suggest removing quotation marks around attack names - it's inconsistent with other articles we've done on Daily. No need to say "Seed Bomb," for example - just Seed Bomb suffices. (It's also not done in games or other Pokemon media.) Same goes for Abilities.
    However, sometimes Game Freak creates new Pokémon with never-before-seen type combinations within a new generation.
    Has there been a generation this never happened? I suspect not, but I could be wrong. Top of my head though there's Chinchou and Steel + Dark types, Blaziken, Stunky, Zekrom, Fairy introduced in gen 6, the Tapus, and then Toxel.

I'd suggest splitting paragraphs more often. E.g. for Revavroom, you could make a new paragraph starting at either the discussion on its attacks, or its Abilities. As it is, it's a large third paragraph.
    Perhaps if the player could gain access to the Starmobile forms of Revavroom, it would be lower on this list.
    I'd say higher - yes, numbers are decreasing, but you're ranking better things at those lower numbers, ergo climbing the list, or higher. Same goes for other cases of this statement.
    Thus, Fighting is a good Tera Type for Lokix, which would allow Lokix's Axe Kick to deal even more damage.
    This is after the sentence about when Axe Kick will not hit a Ghost type, so it reads a bit odd. I'd remove 'Thus'.
    Scovillain resembles a two-headed pepper plant, with one head based on a red pepper and the other head based on a green pepper.
    Can be shortened; "...pepper plant, with either head based on red and green peppers."
    Speaking of hands, one of the 14 Paradox Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, with a type combination of Fighting/Electric, Iron Hands is one of three Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet with this unique type combination, the others being Pawmo and Pawmot.
    This is a very long sentence. I'd split into two or even three.
    When on the field with Electric Terrain active or while holding a "Booster Energy," its Ability "Quark Drive," which is the signature Ability of all future Paradox Pokémon from Pokémon Violet, increases its highest stat by 30%, or 50% if Speed is its highest stat. Iron Hands could improve its defense against physical attacks even further if its best stat is its Defense.
    Bit confused - Attack is stated to be the highest Base stat, yet Defense could be its best stat? How likely is that, beyond Belly Drum sets? Might be worth expanding on a tad at least, or a reword.

You could also mention Iron Hands' usefulness in Tera Raids when you highlight Belly Drum.
    To consider battle prowess, this article will cover the stats, Abilities, and learnset of the fully evolved form of the evolutionary line, which is Pawmot.
    I think by this part of the article it's been well established which Pokemon you are focusing on and you can remove this line.
    strengthening the "Ice Punch," "Thunder Punch," "Fire Punch," and "Mach Punch" it can learn
    Besides dropping the quotation marks, try "attacks it can learn." at the end.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Good job! There's a good deal of research for this, and it's nicely structured.

Personal thought - when you list types that a pokémon is resistant to, weak against etc. It'd be more visually appealing if they were in bullet point

Yet, Pawmot makes up for this by being able to hit fast and hard, and a Focus Sash is a useful item for it to hold to prevent it from being knocked out in one hit when at full health.
    The Focus Sash part could have started as a new sentence instead of continuing with commas

That's all from me

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Comments! Overall it's good, and I like the inclusion of type coverage and weaknesses - certainly good to highlight in this article! Seems to cover all bases.

I suggest removing quotation marks around attack names - it's inconsistent with other articles we've done on Daily. No need to say "Seed Bomb," for example - just Seed Bomb suffices. (It's also not done in games or other Pokemon media.) Same goes for Abilities.
    Has there been a generation this never happened? I suspect not, but I could be wrong. Top of my head though there's Chinchou and Steel + Dark types, Blaziken, Stunky, Zekrom, Fairy introduced in gen 6, the Tapus, and then Toxel.

I'd suggest splitting paragraphs more often. E.g. for Revavroom, you could make a new paragraph starting at either the discussion on its attacks, or its Abilities. As it is, it's a large third paragraph.
    I'd say higher - yes, numbers are decreasing, but you're ranking better things at those lower numbers, ergo climbing the list, or higher. Same goes for other cases of this statement.
    This is after the sentence about when Axe Kick will not hit a Ghost type, so it reads a bit odd. I'd remove 'Thus'.

Can be shortened; "...pepper plant, with either head based on red and green peppers."
    Bit confused - Attack is stated to be the highest Base stat, yet Defense could be its best stat? How likely is that, beyond Belly Drum sets? Might be worth expanding on a tad at least, or a reword.

You could also mention Iron Hands' usefulness in Tera Raids when you highlight Belly Drum.
    I think by this part of the article it's been well established which Pokemon you are focusing on and you can remove this line.

Thank you for the feedback. Also, I made all the edits you suggested. 😊 As for the possibility of Iron Hands having better Defense than attack, Attack is Iron Hands' best base stat, but stats can be manipulated based on IVs, EVs, and Nature. If Iron Hands has a maxed out Defense IV along with a Defense boosting Nature, it could have a better Defense stat than Attack stat.

Good job! There's a good deal of research for this, and it's nicely structured.

Personal thought - when you list types that a pokémon is resistant to, weak against etc. It'd be more visually appealing if they were in bullet point

The Focus Sash part could have started as a new sentence instead of continuing with commas

That's all from me

Thanks for the feedback, Sid. 😊 As for your personal thought, is it necessary for me to do that? I changed the part about the Focus Sash, by the way.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback, Sid. 😊 As for your personal thought, is it necessary for me to do that? I changed the part about the Focus Sash, by the way.

Since we're talking about new type combinations, one of the most interesting and important points would be its defenses and such
    So i was thinking of something like:

Fpfl3ixWAAEYoO7

It's not a necessity per se, just a visual choice. It's good even left as it is.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Since we're talking about new type combinations, one of the most interesting and important points would be its defenses and such
    So i was thinking of something like:
    Spoiler:

It's not a necessity per se, just a visual choice. It's good even left as it is.

Comments! Overall it's good, and I like the inclusion of type coverage and weaknesses - certainly good to highlight in this article! Seems to cover all bases.

👍?

Back