• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Halloween Topic: Favorite Ghost Type?

Cardboard Slime

A Slime in a Box
Years
Since it's October and everyone here likes to get their Halloween on, I thought I would talk about the Ghost Types. They are the most spooky and interesting types of the bunch. What is/are your favorite Ghost type Pokemon. Can be pure or dual type.

To me, Shedinja and Sableye. The former for its gimmick as it has 1 HP but also has Wonder Guard which means it's invincible to anything that doesn't do super effective damage to it. This makes it unstoppable against the right foes, even legendaries. I also think the design is cool and the concept of a ghostly cicada skin is unheard of. This makes Shedinja unique among the cast.

The latter is due to its deceptive bulk and combination of Prankster. I like its Mega Form even more as its a good Stone Wall. It does lose Prankster but has Magic Bounce instead. This makes using status moves hard to use against it as Mega Sableye reflects the said move to its sender, inflicting the status to it. This makes M Sableye hard to wear down and has the increased defense of both sides, making it more tanking. It also has no weaknesses until Fairy showed up. Still, having a Pokemon that can wall foes with three immnuites, only one weakness, has great defense on both sides and no way to wear down against with status moves is a definitely an awesome Pokemon in my opinion.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
This is really a hard one for me to pin down just one favorite, but Pumpkaboo is my favorite Ghost type. I actually collect merchandise (plushies, figures, cards, anything ) of the little cutie and had one on my team in the first 6th gen game I got. I love the idea of there being different sizes and types, and it's design is just adorable, and as I love Halloween it was in instant-fave for me xD As a close second though I'd say Misdrevus/Mismagius. I used her first in Pokemon Colosseum and she just grew on me, later ended up using her in a team in a 4th gen game (Platinum I think).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Alolan Marowak is the only time in recent memory a Ghost-type has made it onto my main team, so in-game at least that would probably be my favorite! Shadow Bone was a pretty fun move to use and it became one of my team's sweepers really quickly.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Definely, Marshadow. That thing is just crazy powerful, has recovery, a 195 base power Z-Move and we can't forget about the swagger + spectral thief combo. That's scary.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Yamask...I like the concept of it carrying it's human face around..

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
My classic favorite Ghost pokemon is Gengar. It's just such a shenanigan filled pokemon and it is the original Ghost type pokemon family. I played with Gengar in many of the pokemon games and almost every time I played with Gengar it had a different battle style each time. I have some good memories of playing with Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar in the Pokemon Stadium for the N64.
Plus Gengar is just straight up spooky looking, it's got a pretty unsettling design and its eternal toothy smile is just nightmare fuel.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 30, 2017
For looks, I'm going with Haunter. But, my favorite ghost is Dusknoir. I've had the same Dusknoir for multiple generations, and he's just been so awesome in battles... like super awesome, man. You don't even know... or you do, I dunno.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
a95e3928ce23663027e650593a1d50c706cec6b0_00.gif

Dhelmise has grown on me so much. It's so weird how much I love this weirdo.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Pumpkaboo by far. It's just so adorable! I never make it evolve

Years
Gengar would be my absolute favorite. It has good speed and special attack, especially when it Mega evolves. I also love its Mega shiny form, the white looks so nice.

Back