• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Ash's Charizard moments

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Charizard has appeared a bunch of times in the series. Which stands out as the most memorable to you? (Movies included too!)

For me the valley episode stands out the most in my mind but I think its real strength was found in the Entei movie. What about you guys? What episode stands out most?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Charizard beating Articuno. Charizard offically back in Ash's ownership and at oak's lab.

Years
Its return in BW. I thought it would never come back to the series so when it did I was so happy and I had an incredible hype.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
The Charizard valley episode really stand out for being the best to me.

I also like that it reappear in the Entei movie.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
Charizard vs. Magmar. I just loved seeing that finishing Seismic Toss move.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
My favorite Charizard moment was the episode where he finally started listening to Ash. Charizard became weak after being defeated by a Poliwrath and Ash was nursing Charizard back to health telling him stories about all the memories he had with Charizard. Charizard started crying when he was listening to Ash talking about the memories they had together and that part was so touching.

Years
I personally like the orange pseudo-dragon for his comedic timing being a diva just as much as his valiant, majestic battles that led Ash to victory. I could watch Pikachu's vacation every day-- the short before the first move where Charizard has to get the help of Pikachu and friends after his temper gets the better of him.

I like Charizard being a smartie pants in the episode where Ash gets the last Orange Island badge and has to do a double battle with Pikachu. Charizard is listening to Ash at that point... Sorta. However, that doesn't mean he's going to listen to Pikachu!

I also am voting for all the Charmander moments!

Guest123_x1

*In Mewtwo Strikes Back, when Charizard still wouldn't obey Ash, upon being released from his PokéBall, Charizard immediately used Flamethrower on Mewtwo, which was instantly repelled, with Mewtwo remarking to Ash "your Charizard is poorly trained", to which Charizard reacted by scoffing that remark.
*In Spell of the Unown, when Charizard returned to catch Ash as he was falling to what could very well have been his death.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
My favorite Charizard moment hands down was in Charizard vs Claire's Dragonair fight... with Charizard using a flaming seismic toss to spike Dragonair to unconsciousness.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I also love the episode where Charizard beats Blastoise. I think Charizard was faster. That is why it won.

Guest123_x1

My favorite Charizard moment was the episode where he finally started listening to Ash. Charizard became weak after being defeated by a Poliwrath and Ash was nursing Charizard back to health telling him stories about all the memories he had with Charizard. Charizard started crying when he was listening to Ash talking about the memories they had together and that part was so touching.
I don't know why I didn't notice your post when I made my last post here...

Since you mentioned that, that was actually quite a sentimental moment when Charizard got frozen by Poliwrath, and Ash rubbed his hands raw thawing him out. Before I saw that episode, I had pretty much lost hope that Charizard would ever obey Ash, and that he would eventually have to give up and release the chronically-disobedient Pokémon.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Entie movie always stands out to me the fact that chariZard saw ash in trouble from a tv and immediately dipped to go save to catch him at the right moment. Super dope . Also like vs magmar too

Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Some of my favourite moments were...
When it defeated Gary's Blastoise, in the Johto league.
When it returned in BW, that was awesome to see Charizard return.
And Charizard was awesome in the Entia movie.

Last edited:
Back