• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
  • I'm 20 years old, American. Been into it since '98, I think I was 5 years old at the time.

Years
  • I'll be 19 in about two months. Started playing Pokemon in around 2002, Pokemon Silver was my first ever handheld game ever.

takenbythewind

fly on little wing ♪
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2013
    I'm 18 going to be 19 this month.
    I've been playing since I was really young, don't know the exact age
    Whenever The Pokemon Trading Card Game came out on CD:ROM

Last edited:

Tom Cruise

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I started playing Pokemon when I was 5 and I could never get over how much I loved it and I still love it to this day. I'm now 14 years old!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I'm 16, going on 17 in October. I started watching the Anime when I was about 3 and started playing Blue when I was 4. I definitely don't plan on stopping any time soon. As long as GameFreak keeps making them, I'll keep playing them!

NexxuzCode

The Substitute Soul Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Just turned 18
    about to be a freshman in college
    not leaving Pokémon for a while
    I gave up on the anime after sinnoh but will occasionally watch Adventures in Unova if its on

Years
  • I'm eighteen, and love Pokemon just as much as I did when I first got into it at age four. I feel like a fairly typical Pokemon fan... as the series gets older, the fanbase will be comprised of more and more adults, as the original children who watched it in the early days grow up. There's no shame in liking what you like, as long as you're not hurting anyone.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I'm 17, turning 18 very soon though. I doubt I'll stop playing anytime soon. It is sometimes a bit awkward being this old and still playing the games even though I know I'm FAR from the only one and it's not a bad thing at all.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I'm 18 going on 19 relatively soon.

I've played Pokemon since 1999, with Yellow being my first Pokemon game.

I didn't really get into it until the 2nd generation came along when every kid in my neighborhood owned the game. It died out in my area around the 3rd generation era, but I still kept playing, and to this day I still play it. I'm mostly into the competitive aspect of it nowadays, since it involves so much predicting, knowledge, and calculating.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm 20, turning 21 this November so you're not alone! I got Pokémon Yellow when I was 8 and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately during middle school and the start of high school it started to die out in my area. Most people quit after gen 2 and the rest after gen 3. I guess it just became a kids thing to them, even though they all still play Call of Duty and stuff. Video games are video games, you can play whatever you like! I believe that the later the generation you grow up with the less likely you are to stay with it. Not saying anyone won't, just saying compared to the people that started playing Pokémon when Pokémon itself started. Holy nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2014
    I'm 11, turning 12 in September. I started playing Pokemon in March this year. Not a lot of kids seem to play Pokemon these days. Some kids don't even know what it is :(

Years
  • I'm 22. There's lots of people my age here. I guess we were the target audience back then and just never gave it up :happy2:

This thread should have been a poll though, so we could see at a glance how many of each age group there was.

norbyotter

Victory Starling
    Years
  • I'm 17 and turning 18 this October, just before X and Y's release :3 I've been playing since I was 5, my first game being Yellow. I sadly skipped GSC because I didn't know a sequel had come out and wondered where the Pokémon from the Jhoto saga were coming from ;w; But then I came back with Sapphire and since then I've been playing each gen!

Back