• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
  • I'm 19, turning 20 in a week and have been playing since Red in '99 when I was 5.

Once I'd started playing, I was hooked and I haven't looked back since. After getting into the games, I started watching the anime and collecting cards a couple of years later. I stopped collecting the cards after around 8/9 months because after taking all of my cards to school (around 1,000 I reckon), the got stolen and I really didn't feel like starting my collection again so I didn't bother.
    I also stopped watching the anime after a while. I don't think there was any particular reason, I think I just started to show more interest in other shows on TV at the time.

The games, however, have always been there. I haven't played any official games past R/S/E purely because I'm an old skool fan and therefore enjoy training the originals more so than "new age" Pokemon. I have come across a lot of the newer Pokemon from playing hacks and there have been some great new Pokemon but I don't think I'll ever play past R/S/E officially.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    24. Gen 1 got me interested in Pokemon.. after a long stay away I am back after recently starting the anime series again. I always loved the games more so I'm happy to get to play a backlog :)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm 22 and I've liked Pokemon from the very start. I first played Pokemon Blue when I was around 7-8. So, I've been playing Pokemon ever since then and I continue to do so now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2013
    im 17 and love pokemon :D i find it hard to say, but iv kinda fell out with the anime. i guess its hard to say because thats the first platform of pokemon i was introduced too,but im obsessed with the games,TCG and manga.

i particularly love the games bc the layout has stayed true to its origin and it brings back so many memories, thats the reason im so excited for X and Y because everything seems to have changed. and it looks amazing... BENCHES XD

when looking through my old pokemon card collection i realised that most of the cards were fake, it kinda made me sad but i didnt know they were fake as a kid and was repping a lv 1000 pikachu 0.0 i immediately went to my nearest retailer and stocked up on plasma storm booster packs :D

and the anime... lets just say i found naruto to fill its position. trust me, its hurts to say that but i cant enjoy the anime anymore and trust me iv tried ;)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I'm 18 years old, started with Yellow now we're here! ;P
    I started playing around age 6 - 7? My neighbor got me into it.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
  • Hi, I'm turning 20 next month and I think I started playing pokemon (Blue) as I was like 5, it was the first video game I ever finished (took me a while but I did really beat the Elite 4, easy 7 months) I could barely read and the game was in English and not Spanish how it was supposed to be.

Years
  • I'm 13, and therefore one of the younger members on the forums. My older cousin got my older brother and I hooked onto Pokemon when I was about 3, and she would let me play Yellow and Crystal on her GameBoy Color. I received Sapphire for Christmas when I was 4, and my brother got Emerald. I've been playing Pokemon ever since, and I've played most of the main games except for BW2

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    17, but I've been playing sense Pokemon yellow, I was around like 4.

Last edited:

iiWUMBOii

I study wumbology
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2013
    Well, I'm 15 and I play it. Kids make fun of me for it, but I have a lot of other friends that either don't care, or play it too. And these kids play COD. (I do too but Pokemon is so much better in my opinion.) I also started when I was around 4 or 5.

Years
  • How old is too old?

Okay fellow Pokémon fans. I am sure all of you older fans of the game have had at least one person tease you for your liking of Pokémon. However, my stepmother goes a little bit further but her main argument against our favorite franchise is that I am the only non-mentally challenged 15 year old who enjoys it. So I need your help! Just say whether or not you are above the age of 15 and if you are say in college please say what you are majoring. My mom will not listen to ME. Please Help!

P.S. I did not tell you how she goes too far. Just remember to her all of you guys and girls are mentally challenged.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I am 25 and play pokemon. She can go eff herself and the horse she rode in on. If you are doing what you need to do and doesnt hurt anything and you got good grades. You should be allowed to play Pokemon when you want. Ive seen 40+ yr olds play

Sirfetch’d

I don't think any age is too old as long as you still like the games.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • im 17 and will be a freshman at the university of illinois champaign urbana majoring chemistry and pre-med, and i must say, i still love pokemon, the games and the anime both. ive played video games my whole life and had a 4.92 GPA in high school. if thats not enough i dont know what is.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    I'm 14, been watching pokemon on tv since 1st gen
    Ive played through every game and still enjoy them, I think first pokemon game i played was on n64 pokemon stadium 1 and then 2 and hey you pikachu. the tv series got me into it right now ive lost interest in current series hopefully x and y on tv is better and less like ash is getting younger lol :S
    I think ive got at least 5000 cards so i guess i was kinda addicted at one point, now i play it more as a hobby and pass time

Back