• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
  • I've grown up with Pokemon, literally. My friends older brother got me and his younger brother into Pokemon, and by the time we were both three, we knew all of the Pokemon names right up to Generation III. I didn't own my first Pokemon game until Generation IV. I'm going on fourteen soon and I have already pre-ordered Pokemon X.

Also, I read on the first page you were looking for someone from England. Unfortunately, I'm from Germany, but I moved to England. ^^

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I played Ruby since when my birthday came around I wanted GSC but Ruby had come out so my parents with my best interest got the newer one, they were right but I still wanted to see the Pokemon I had loved so dearly in the Anime.
    Now that Roms and whatnot have appeared I finally got it though I never knew I could goto Kanto it was the best day of my life I was like... why are these pokemon so low leveled the E4 is not even that strong.... wait Kanto...

Years
  • I'm 18 years old and I turn 19 in January in 5 months, and for the time being, I don't see myself at all quitting Pokémon. I first played Pokémon when I was either 3 or 4 years old, and that was when I picked up my brother's copy of Yellow (which was eventually passed down to me and it eventually had its battery run dry), but my own first copy of a Pokémon game was given to me in 2000, and that was Pokémon Gold.

dannidarko

Danni Darko
    Years
  • 21 here! Playing since the original games Red and Blue! Although I didn't get fully into it until G/S/C (as i didn't own my very own gameboy until then! lol)

I feel the majority of pokemon gamers are older because they can relive the enjoyable experience they had when they were younger! ( well that's me at least coz I'm a big nostalgia-fool!!)

Years
  • I just turned 17 last week, I first played pokemon blue when I was 7? i don't remember. Although blue was my brother's. The first Pokemon game I could call my own was pokemon gold, been playing ever since.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Wow, I had no idea that there were so many older fans on this forum. I feel a lot better now :3 I am almost 26 years old... I've been playing since 1998, when I got Blue for my 11th birthday. 15 years! That's kind of ridiculous?

But honestly, I don't see why people judge others for playing video games for long periods of time. I mean, I started playing Legend of Zelda games even earlier than Pokemon, and I still play those too. Video games are timeless, imo. And pretty cool, when you think about it... I don't have any other "toys" from when I was 11 years old that I still use regularly.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Well, at a quick glance through this thread, it appears that I am the oldest responder so far. But at least I did see someone who said they were 31, so I'm not the only thirty-something...

I turn 35 this month, and have been with Pokemon since year one, and am showing no signs of getting bored with it anytime soon. I've played nearly every game released since Gen 1 (except the Mystery Dungeon series and a few other minor spin-offs) and still look forward to a new anime episode every Saturday morning.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    hello 13 year old here! been loving pokemon since I knew what pokemon is :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    I'm 15 right now ^^
    I started playing Pokémon when I was just 3 or 4 years old (I remember that I always made new game into my brother's pokemon red, but without saving the progress. One day I accidentally saved that new game, erasing my brother's data, with an event Celebi :/. I didn't play more Pokémon until I got a GBA for me, with Pokemon Fire Red).

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
  • I started with pokemon yellow when I was about 4 or 5 years old. I'm now 18, however I haven't moved past gen 3. I couldn't really bring myself to play the newer ones, so I've been playing gen 3 games since I was 11.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    17 year old here.
    And for some reason the board tells me to add more charactes to my post, I don't exactly see the point in that, but there you go.

Years
  • You guys are not going to believe this, but i've played my first pokemon game at the age of 2. or 1, can't remember. But what i do remember (From personal memory, no less!) was playing Yellow on my cousin's gameboy. And he helped me with dialogue and attacks, saying 'this one is really good', as i didn't understand english. Great times.

And no, this wasn't made up. I have, for some odd reason, excellent memory. I remember things from when i was for instance 3 that my parents only recall when i tell them. Perhaps it's because autism? I wouldn't know, but it's terribly cool.

Now my english is about flawless, and i still play pokemon. I've played every gen on other people's gameboy/GBA. My first owned pokemon game was Diamond, and that was when i was 10, 3 months before my birthday. And my sister's DS (originally hers anyways) became mine quickly as i was hooked to it.

Back