• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Bicycle expansions

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • We've seen that the bike can now go on water thanks to Rotom power. But how else could it/would it be improved in SwSh, e.g. for exploration for the Wild Area? Any chance we could, say, go underwater in replacement of Dive? Or maybe it could trasverse cliffs and the like again ala the Acro Bike in Hoenn games?

Share your wild ideas!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ooh, diving would be cool if it can already ride on water. I assume crossing rough/rocky terrain may also be possible, to take the place of Mudsdale in SuMo?

if there are any icy/slippery paths pls give me a bike upgrade to keep myself from sliding ❤️

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    One thing I really like about being able to ride on this bike is the fact we seem to have gear shifts again for speed as well as other enhancements. Being able to travel quickly over water without needing a Sharpedo is the best thing possible. Especially since we can tell this area wild area spans the entire region and is pretty huge.

I can see them having rotom transform into different enhancements for the bike or even collect certain tune ups on the way.

Years
  • ^Yeah, I enjoy having the bike encompass more than just increasing walk speed, so I welcome the fact that we can swim over water too. Would be neat if we could also use it for other HM features, like diving (already mentioned) and destroying boulders. I mean, I enjoyed the ride pager but just simplify it with the bike aha

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • On the other hand, one drawback is that we're getting less integration of Pokemon into the world. Overcoming obstacles and travelling with Pokemon makes more sense in that regard than not using them at all.

The trouble is, while they did improve in some areas in SM/USUM and LGPE with HMs, sometimes they were functionally the same and just... weirdly implemented (e.g. the balloon flying), and other times restrictive. Strength required that you be carried by a Machamp around in its arms, and that was weird. You could only Fly with Charizard - and it not only wasn't your Charizard, it wasn't even in the National Dex! I would prefer that if there are any field moves or HMs, you can use any Pokemon you caught, box or not, to help, rather than just a random one - or at least let HMs not have to take up a moveslot.

Back