• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Links to Legends: Arceus

pkmin3033

BDSP will be released this year. Legends: Arceus will be released next year. It's not uncommon to find direct links between two games, and as Legends will serve as a prequel of sorts set in Sinnoh, it's entirely possible we'll see hints to that effect in this game. Hindsight is 20/20, and we'll have plenty of time to dissect the games and discover all the links between them once we have both of them - and likely several months to pick apart BDSP for hints about what Legends will contain - but in the meantime: what kind of things would you like to see in the remakes that have a direct link with whatever the narrative will be in Legends Arceus? Would you prefer to see small hints in the narrative and world - a character saying something about ancient Sinnoh here, a fossil there, etc. - or would you prefer to see the narrative for Legends set-up or even incorporated into BDSP? Or perhaps it should be the other way around, and Legends should make references towards what is going to happen (or already will have, from the player's perspective) in BDSP?

Years
  • Would you prefer to see small hints in the narrative and world - a character saying something about ancient Sinnoh here, a fossil there, etc

I think I prefer this, but mainly because I can't envision how they'd more directly link them. Little references the Professor or other characters throughout the story make to a 'hero of the past' who helped establish the Pokedex would be interesting, and probably enough to satisfy me.

Where they can go into a bit more depth is the Canalave Library though. I'd love to interact with those books and get more lore/links to Legends.

Years
  • I'd be fine with hints or an NPC talking about olden timey Sinnoh, or perhaps finding a book or two about it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    inb4 some form of time capsule function in the post-game, like how they justified trading between gen 1 and gen 2 d: Although I suppose there's no electronics in L:A, so... magic? xD

Years
  • inb4 some form of time capsule function in the post-game, like how they justified trading between gen 1 and gen 2 d: Although I suppose there's no electronics in L:A, so... magic? xD

Something like that is going to happen I bet. It's gonna just throw some time capsule or something at us post-game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I would like to see the alternate forms like Scyther, Braviary, etc. XD

Back