• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I didn't mean to catch that!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Have you ever caught a Pokemon by complete accident? Sometimes. when I'm in the Safari Zone, I do, since there's no fight option, meaning I accidentally throw a Pokeball at it when I did not intend to.

Years
  • Yes, ESPECIALLY in the safari zone. Kinda a waste but I dont release them, just shove them into a deep dark corner of my box.

Outside of safari, its more that I end up using the wrong ball than I catch them by accident. "Oops, that was a net ball... on a ralts..."

Years
  • interestingly, this hasn't happened to me! at least, not that i recall. o.o like the above poster, it's more likely that i use the wrong pokeball than catch the wrong pokemon.

Years
  • A few times in the safari zone if I'm blasting through a game on fast forward lol! But not often otherwise, and even then it's probably a rare case. SZ aside it takes a few clicks to catch things so I'd have usually realized by the time I went a click or two into it. But ff when emulating can make you do a lot of accidental things. >>'

Years
  • Hmmm.... not that I recall. I usually ignore mons I already have in my PokeDex in game. So I'll catch it if I don't have it yet and just run otherwise. (unless shiny ofc)

I definitely have misclicked the ball I throw several times though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • if i had a dollar for every pokemon i've caught by accident in the safari zone i swear lmao

Back