• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So.... we had some discussions recently about how to improve the qtt. The legendary thread seems to be a hit and everything does seem to flow a little better.
Still, we never continued to discuss any of the other ideas,XD

I bring this up mainly because I started thinking about it when I noticed there are/were a bunch of normal reposters not deleting their own posts when they repost. Also because of the people that request stuff but don't offer anything. Those get a little frustrating when I would much rather start negotiations with knowing what I could offer, XD

In the middle of a pm conversation, a thought occurred to me. I have a perfect stat....31 iv's in age.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbvti26xjrz17yy/2014-01-27 15.30.03.jpg

That is all.

P.S. It's shiny charm! :D (Sorry for bad quality but only camera I have ;.;)

Congrats!!!! And a huge *HIGH FIVE*!

I'm getting a little closer myself. I have half the Kalos Mountain Dex to finish, then several "unobtainable" Pokemon to evolve.... and five legendaries still from the Non-Kalos Dex. Last night I spent about an hour organizing my boxes by which Pokemon I need to evolve, and which I need to breed(I have had some AWSOME luck snagging fully evolved Pokemon that I now just need to breed to get the earlier evolutions).

I also sorted all my trade evolutions into a seperate box, so that later after my son goes to sleep I can snag back the 2DS to do all my trade evolutions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
So.... we had some discussions recently about how to improve the qtt. The legendary thread seems to be a hit and everything does seem to flow a little better.

I bring this up mainly because I started thinking about it when I noticed there are/were a bunch of normal reposters not deleting their own posts when they repost. Also because of the people that request stuff but don't offer anything. Those get a little frustrating when I would much rather start negotiations with knowing what I could offer, XD

In the middle of a pm conversation, a thought occurred to me. I have a perfect stat....31 iv's in age.
lololol that's funny. What's your other stats then? :P

Do you mean the idea of having more QTTs or something else? It's been awhile so I don't remember the rest. D: You're welcome to bring back the discussion though and add more to it if you want to. :)

Years
lololol that's funny. What's your other stats then? :P

Do you mean the idea of having more QTTs or something else? It's been awhile so I don't remember the rest. D: You're welcome to bring back the discussion though and add more to it if you want to. :)

Ask Tabor about our trade earlier and um sure he will tell you my other stats must be all zeros, XD .

Well, after the legendary qtt was made(a supposed test run?)
We never had anymore talk about it. I think maybe I was just looking for something to conversate about.
But the main thing I was thinking of, was stuff like required spoiler tags if you are offering more than, I think Tabor said this part, 20 pokemon. I can't remember what else was said though. I need to go back through this thread and find it.
It's no real big deal I guess, it just takes forever to get past a few certain people's trade posts if anyone uses a cell phone.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I agree. There are gigantic lists that could/should be spoilered, especially in the general qtt. Maybe, as lunis said, adding a rule about hiding in spoilers lists of over certain amount of pokemon to avoid that would help. Or only letting people post certain amounts of pokemon, lets say, less than 20, and if the list is longer than 20 instead have them either post a link to pastebin or something like that or redirect to their shop.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

NOOB!! I swear, I try to teach and people don't listen!!

IV are given at birth, you have a 31 EV in age. IV can't be earned, only EV. Not the Moderator but the Effort Value.

Don't worry buddy, I'll take care of you. If you need anymore Pokéhelp I got you. ;)

If you meant you were born with a 31 IV in age then you worded that wrong.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
That is a good point. We could have it where if someone has a huge list they have to have spoilers. Although deleting is just easier. 20 may be a good reference, but it also depends on how they list the Pokemon. Some lists are long and some are short too.

lunis, I do most of my posting from my phone at school so I know the feeling lol

Years
I found somebody with shiny Tundra Vivillon so hopefully I can get him to trade with me. Then hopefully (again) either Kirk or I can finally breed that damned shiny sandstorm Scatterbug.

In other news I've nearly filled 3 boxes of competitive shinies (each are different Pokemon or same Pokemon with different natures). Never knew the ability to clone can get me this far.

Years
That is a good point. We could have it where if someone has a huge list they have to have spoilers. Although deleting is just easier. 20 may be a good reference, but it also depends on how they list the Pokemon. Some lists are long and some are short too.

lunis, I do most of my posting from my phone at school so I know the feeling lol

Getting the rules figured out on that would be tricky. It's too early for me to think of an exact wording to be used as a template. I know what you mean though about how they word their posts.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
is this legal/legit:

Shiny Latias
ot: yancy 54253
lvl 100 decent stats - speed (according to IV Checker)
From UNOVA
ultra Ball
no ribbon

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
is this legal/legit:

Shiny Latias
From UNOVA
ultra Ball
no ribbon

Legal, but there is no way to check for legitimacy on non-obvious hacks in Gen VI yet (unless they've been uploaded to Pokecheck, which this Latias has not).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
is this legal/legit:

Shiny Latias
From UNOVA
ultra Ball
no ribbon

It is most likely legit, but legitimacy cannot be proven, so it seems legit at least.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
It's probably legal and legit as well, if you're going to hack, then why hack with **** stats?

These are my feelings exactly. I don't think people would hack garbage stats. SR though can get you Shiny and random stats.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
It's so weird having to worry about hacked Pokemon. I understand the legendaries, but I feel like breeding/IV checking is so easy at this point. Heck, I used to not have the patience for it, and now I have access to so many at this point. ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Is it just me or has the GTS gotten even more unreasonable lately? I've been trying to snag as many dex fillers on the GTS as I can to save time on leveling up, or save on the time to breed. However, I keep finding that if I search for even say a Diglett" that people are still asking for legendaries only(and I mean asking for a legendary in exchange for a level 1 Diglett). Do people think this is just kids doing this who do not know better or are people purposefully trying to be greedy?

My progress right now:
three more I need to finish leveling up (Pupitar only has two more levels to go, and Zeilous I traded over from my German copy so it's getting boosted Experience to level it up... )
I need to evolve pretty much every one that needs a stone of some sort, and/or needs to be traded. Those will all go quickly enough, but I keep looking at just how many of those there are(and knowing long run on the national dex how many extra Moon Stones/Sun Stones/ETC I will need to earn through Secret Training.)

I think I am going to take a break today from evolving/breeding to work on collecting BP so I can buy upgrade/Reaper Cloth/ETC. Any opinions on which will earn me more BP faster... the Battle Maison or the Battle Institute? I notice that at the Mattle Institute if I just run from the battles I still get awarded 3 BP for my efforts. As for Battle Maison, I have gone through twice and lost on the Battle Chaitelene at Battle 20.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Years
I personally haven't bothered getting any bp so I don't have any advice on how to get more. But I do know that if you score well enough, you can earn most all of those items from the balloon pop game on the global link. Also, you can get rare candy for fairly cheap on the global link. The poke miles needed on the global link for a rare candy is half of what it costs from the guy in lumiose city.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
dex how many extra Moon Stones/Sun Stones/ETC I will need to earn through Secret Training.)

I think I am going to take a break today from evolving/breeding to work on collecting BP so I can buy upgrade/Reaper Cloth/ETC. Any opinions on which will earn me more BP faster... the Battle Maison or the Battle Institute? I notice that at the Mattle Institute if I just run from the battles I still get awarded 3 BP for my efforts. As for Battle Maison, I have gone through twice and lost on the Battle Chaitelene at Battle 20.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/like-ability-capsule-1000w-0l-triple-maison-team-report/

Mac told me I need to expand the post so there you go :B

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

Thanks Gonzo. I am chuckling so hard at your reason for editing.... :-)

A brief read through means I think I understand some of the strategy, and will acctually try my hand at the tripple battles. I have been doing only single battle so far. I have a female Pupitar, and still need Aron as a dex fill, so breeding an Aron with Endeavor won't be a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back