• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I just caught my first random Shiny EVER! I got a Shiny Braixen <3 Premier Ball. Careful (ugh but w/e) and Blaze for the ability. <3 Male

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name it after Tabor like I did because it looks girly enough cough

GUYS HALP SCHOOL IS KILLING MEEEEE I haven't played but an hour last night and none today and it's killing me :(((( Almost to 650 hours overall and I got lots of breeding to do still and maaaaybe taking requests. Dunno since I want to be able to clone 6 IVs and stuff because those are relatively difficult to get. Still no shiny with shiny charm though and it's been a few boxes so far. D:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
BP is stupid easy to get. I look at what is considered Uber by Smogon standards. Anything banned is also pretty good. This allows you to destroy everything. I use Mega Kangaskhan for Singles, the reasons it's Uber are the same reasons it does so well there. If you were to do Doubles you could use Mega Kangaskhan with an impossible to beat Wall/Cleric.

The Genwunner that I am, I try to use Gen 1 Pokémon as much as possible. Luckily there are a lot of good Pokémon from Gen 1. In Doubles I like to use Mega Kangaskhan with Chansey. BP aren't a problem to get at all. I can send the builds I use to anybody interested.

EDIT: Just remember, things are Uber and/or Banned due to being game breaking. These things are ridiculously Overpowered. Also remember, the higher the streak, the more BP. You can take a break with no side effects as well.

Last edited:
Years
Name it after Tabor like I did because it looks girly enough cough

GUYS HALP SCHOOL IS KILLING MEEEEE I haven't played but an hour last night and none today and it's killing me :(((( Almost to 650 hours overall and I got lots of breeding to do still and maaaaybe taking requests. Dunno since I want to be able to clone 6 IVs and stuff because those are relatively difficult to get. Still no shiny with shiny charm though and it's been a few boxes so far. D:

My shiny luck has diminished since I got my shiny charm. Not a single one since, at all. Compared to the 10-ish I caught before hand. XD

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Has anybody gotten a Shiny after the Shiny Charm? I'm hearing bad things...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
BP is stupid easy to get. I look at what is considered Uber by Smogon standards. Anything banned is also pretty good. This allows you to destroy everything. I use Mega Kangaskhan for Singles, the reasons it's Uber are the same reasons it does so well there. If you were to do Doubles you could use Mega Kangaskhan with an impossible to beat Wall/Cleric.

The Genwunner that I am, I try to use Gen 1 Pokémon as much as possible. Luckily there are a lot of good Pokémon from Gen 1. In Doubles I like to use Mega Kangaskhan with Chansey. BP aren't a problem to get at all. I can send the builds I use to anybody interested.

EDIT: Just remember, things are Uber and/or Banned due to being game breaking. These things are ridiculously Overpowered. Also remember, the higher the streak, the more BP. You can take a break with no side effects as well.

RIght now I am working on building the team from the link Gonzo shared, and curious to see how I do with a few natures different, and a few different moves due to not wanting to breed an egg move THEN half to level to 50 to be worth using.... a few tweeks of convience that I know will weaken the team a tiny bit, but curious to see how badly. I think it will at the least be much better than my singles team I was using. I REALLY do not feel like leveling up a Kangaskhan or a Chansey to use, and I do not feel like trying to get ones over 50 from the GTS.

RIght now, my break from working on my regional dex to work on this has been appreciated.(even though, this is REALLY working on the dex, as I am doing this to earn BP to buy the items needed to evolve a few Pokemon.... but you all get my drift).

Does anyone even know of rumors of a Pokebank release date for the US? Because I REALLY want to finish this personal challenge of getting National Dex finished before I have access to Pokebank. I feel almost as if it is in my grasp, once the Kalos Dex is done I need MOSTLY to evolve and breed some Friend Safari Pokemon and some unobtainables I snagged from the GTS already.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I still need to start working on my pokedex, sigh. I've been very busy lately.
And, there's a Smogon study that, as far as I remember, proved that the Shiny Charm indeed works while breeding.

Years
If those numbers hold true, anytime now I should see a shiny noibat. Come on lady luck.
Now if I can get it to match the 6IV timid noibat I hatched earlier but only altered colored, I would be thrilled to bits.

Years
34h6jjr.jpg

I found this on this post in my Tumblr dash feed & thought I'd share incase it could help someone.

Years
So I was told that the only way to get a female gastly in a cherish ball is to hack one. Still, the japanese event gengar that came recently in japan can be female. In gen 6, the mother's pokeball passes on. I'm led to believe that you can indeed get a gastly in a cherish ball if you breed said event. Right??
Serebii says the only non-inheritable pokeball is the masterball.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
So I was told that the only way to get a female gastly in a cherish ball is to hack one. Still, the japanese event gengar that came recently in japan can be female. In gen 6, the mother's pokeball passes on. I'm led to believe that you can indeed get a gastly in a cherish ball if you breed said event. Right??
Serebii says the only non-inheritable pokeball is the masterball.

It would take experimentation to know for SURE.

You would need an event female in a cherish ball that is able to breed (i.e. none of the legendary ones). Most if not all of those would have been Japanese. Once Pokebank comes out, you could always get one off Pokecheck that is made public, transfer it to your X/Y then breed it to see. But the Cherish ball "sounds" special enough to be like the masterball that way.

Note:
My personal favorite would be to attempt to breed this one:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_V#World_Championships_2013_Smeargle

Smeargle in a Cherish ball... and that one is always female, so would be a good test case.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Sorry to break your heart lunis but Cherish Ball Gastly is impossible to get. People have soft reset to get a female Torchic from the event and then bred it and the ball was not passed on. :(

At least that's what several people in #tradecorner have told me throughout the months. I am not 100% sure since I haven't done it myself yet. :P

Years
Aww shucks....
One more thing EV♡....
do you know what is wrong with the user control panels today? It's all out of whack,XD
Kind of annoying though. It doesnt't show any new posts and it shows me threads from several days ago that I no longer need to see because of nothing new being posted in them.
Everyone having this issue, or just another part of my crap day? XD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Has anybody gotten a Shiny after the Shiny Charm? I'm hearing bad things...

Do you mean while MMing or wild? I've gotten 2 FS shinies in an hour of hunting (was just exploring ones I hadn't been in to see what they had. I'll put my MM results in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Aww shucks....
One more thing EV♡....
do you know what is wrong with the user control panels today? It's all out of whack,XD
Kind of annoying though. It doesnt't show any new posts and it shows me threads from several days ago that I no longer need to see because of nothing new being posted in them.
Everyone having this issue, or just another part of my crap day? XD
lrn2read http://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=&a=604

Hope your day gets better though! :D

Keiran, I hate you and your shinies. jk, you're awesome and you're the person I always go to to prove the shiny charm works on breeding lol <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back