• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Confuse what to buy

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2022
    Should I buy Pokémon sword or wait for legends Arceus (my first Pokémon switch game)

Years
  • u can't compare the games tbh. Legends Arceus is a totally different game, therefore u wouldn't play the usual Pokemon experience, which might be a good or a bad thing, it just depends on u. Tbh PLA is not out yet, so we can't truly know how the game is gonna be. Imo it's the game that many pokemon fan actually wanted, especially if it's going to have a good lore. As I was saying, it depends on what are u looking for. Despite being a main series, PLA is more of a Spin-off tbh, while Sword is a real main series game. The two games are too different, but it depends on ur priorities: do u want a very different game, with few mons and probably a good story? PLA could be that. If u like a normal pokemon game, with many areas to explore, with much content (if u get DLC) and if u re interested in competitive, just go with sword.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Should I buy Pokémon sword or wait for legends Arceus (my first Pokémon switch game)
    confused_piplup explained it pretty well :) if you've never played pokémon before, getting Sword right now is probably the most fun way to go for you and will get you into the franchise better. We're still not entirely sure of what PLA will be like, but it will be quite different and it's also not even out yet. So, my vote would be for Sword too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Get sword definitely. Be a good game to get started into the franchise and you don't have to wait too long to play it. Still 23 days until PLA comes out.

Years
  • I'd get Sword. It gives you the traditional Pokémon experience of turn-based battles, gyms, various towns/cities to explore, etc. Will probably be a very different experience to Legends honestly. Hopefully you enjoy whatever option you go with!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Like everyone has said get sword no one knows what the new game will be like

Back