• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prerelase Roundup

Years
3-0 (technically, anyway) with Rhyperior/Ribombee, Pulled FA 'Champ and RA Gardevoir.

Much better pack luck than me, it sounds like. I came away with 3 participation packs and then bought 10 more packs.

I ran this no synergy Meowstic/Toxicroak fusion because that's all I got in useful quantities. I went 2-1 (technically, my final match opponent probably dropped after losing their round 2 match) and only came away with Charizard GX. Got curb stomped round 1 by Marshadow GX (swept him in the rematch we did to kill time between rounds, though), then swept this poor kid Round 2. Given how many people ran Fighting (people were struggling to find Fighting Energy in the energy pool), I might have had a shot at 3-0 if I didn't get hosed and stuck with just my basics Round 1.

Years
I pulled nothing, only one holo (Vileplume). The wishful baton I pulled was reasonably helpful in the games I played though.

Had to use Rhyperior from my evolutions pack, filled it out with a few other fighting types like Sawk. Started with a reasonably close game vs. Golisopod but lost, then got absolutely rekt by Tapu Fini GX and finally won against a Ledian deck which relied on coin flips and didn't get them.

Years
I pulled nothing, only one holo (Vileplume). The wishful baton I pulled was reasonably helpful in the games I played though.

Had to use Rhyperior from my evolutions pack, filled it out with a few other fighting types like Sawk. Started with a reasonably close game vs. Golisopod but lost, then got absolutely rekt by Tapu Fini GX and finally won against a Ledian deck which relied on coin flips and didn't get them.

Does your league do mixed pre-releases for sets instead of single-set ones?

Years
By evolutions pack I think he meant the clear pack you get the promo in.

I did two pre releases back to back. Didn't have a lot to play with in both sessions and won 1 lost 2 each session. However had to leave early for the second session so last game was a bye for whoever I was meant to play.

Pulled two Darkrai GXs and a Muk GX on the day though.

Back