• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Family Members

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • We often mostly see our avatar's mother while the rest of the family is heaven-knows-where, apart from R/S/E, where we have a dad who's a gym leader. The mom is also usually the one who gives us running shoes (except for Gen II I think.)

Do you think that Gen 6 will introduce more of the protagonists family members than the past gen games? For example, will we see a father figure again? Will we meet more family members such as a brother or sister? Or maybe cousins? If that's the case, what impact do you think each family member will have in the game?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • I think it would be cool if the protagonists father was part of the Elite Four and the Mother being a Gym Leader. That way you are destined for greatness xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yea, I said in another thread that I would like them to re-introduce another Father Figure, with RSE being the only set of games with a Dad it would be nice to see this again. Maybe instead of having a Mom you just have your Dad this time?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Without some more info, I can't really say for sure. I think it's fair to say we'll have a mom though. When more screenshots and info come, I think we can make better assumptions. It'd be nice to have a dad again though! Or heck, what if we had a dad and no mom? Or one of the two and the other parent is in Team ____? Hm!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I think it'd be kind of cool to have another game where the protag.'s father is known, or the only parent is the father instead of the mother for a change of pace. As for siblings, I can maybe see one or two, and they'd probably just be there to be cute. Or the relationship between them and the protag. could be somewhat similar to that of Hugh's and his sister's where the protag. gets their sibling Pokemon the sibling really wants and they get something as a reward.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It would be something if our parent, or parents, turned out to be an Elite Member or Champion of the new region. Wouldn't it?

I just think it'd be nice to have two parents again, who have some sort of importance, even if it's just minor. In RSE, I liked having a father who was a gym leader that we'd later have to battle. I wish they'd do something like that again.

Another nice twist would be to have an older sibling who is a well known trainer amongst the region. Again, being an Elite member or Champion would be cool.

Years
  • Assuming this region has a Pokemon professor, it'd be cool if they were actually one of your parents.
    But yes, I'd also agree on having an older sibling; maybe they could be your rival or something?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think it would be really great if the father was like the mother in this game, with the mother still being the traditional mother like any other game. Maybe they can get into a fight over you starting your journey in the beginning, or something? Doubtful, but interesting and realistic, considering 10 year olds going out on their own isn't very natural.

It'd also be cool if the professor was your father as well, and that's why you live where you live.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it'd be kind of cool to have another game where the protag.'s father is known, or the only parent is the father instead of the mother for a change of pace. As for siblings, I can maybe see one or two, and they'd probably just be there to be cute. Or the relationship between them and the protag. could be somewhat similar to that of Hugh's and his sister's where the protag. gets their sibling Pokemon the sibling really wants and they get something as a reward.

What if the sibling was your rival? I would love that twist - fight for parents' attention, who's the best, etc. Sibling rivalry to the max

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • If anybody but your mom shows up i want it to be special, like a twist, maybe battle them, it would've been cooler IMO had your dad been the champion or something, in RSE so maybe something like that xD

Years
  • If they were to continue the general pattern of having one parent and no siblings, it'd be nice to see a swap so that you live with your Dad prior to starting your journey. Since the whereabouts of your Dad isn't really explained other than that we was usually a Trainer, too, maybe the roles could just be reversed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Maybe the protagonist's grandfather would be in the Elite 4 OR the leader of the new villain team. That would be quite a twist. The mother would mention that your grandpa has disappeared a few years back, in addition to many elements hinting to the possibility of your grandpa being the founder of the evil organisation. The climax would be you having to defeat your grandpa and restore peace and whatnot.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I'd like to see a brother and sister as well as a father in those games. You might even sometimes battle your brother or sister along the way during your adventure, as they'd have Pokémon that they probably caught along the Routes in the game.

And as for the father, I'd like to see him as a researcher. But probably not as a Professor though, but more of someone that likes researching the dreams of Pokémon, like how Fennel did in Pokémon Black/White.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I like the idea of sibling rivalry that a couple of people have mentioned. It would be especially interesting if we could see a sibling tempted into joining the evil team.

It'd also be pretty cool if they had a role reversal of the parents in R/S/E. Have your mother be a Gym leader/E4 Member/ general important trainer and stay-at-home father.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2020
    I'd rather the family have more of a part in the game if they are going to exist. Yeah they had the gym-leader father and the mom that save money for you (and spend some of it... darn it, mom!!), but half the time it's just a mom that you talk with a couple times in the beginning then never have to speak to or visit again until you win the League challenge. They need to fix that before they make more family for the player to ignore.

... but I did like the sibling idea and possibly having that sibling possibly join the evil organization of the game. Heck, maybe one of the parents could infiltrate the organization to make sure that sibling is safe. And then at the end of the evil organization arc of the game you could have an epic showdown with the organization's leader while teaming up with one of your family members.

It'd be kinda cool to also have a funny grandparent that you can visit each day and have an amusing conversation with. There is so much they could do with family that it's almost a crime for them not to...

Back