• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anyone still play R/B/Y?

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2011
I still play Pokemon Yellow every once in a while. Not much to do since I've finished my Pokedex but when I'm bored I search for trainers I haven't beaten yet.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I still play R/B/Y on gba or on my pokemon stadium pack once awhile. Atm i'm playing white and black so yeah... I should start playing Red since I started a new game on March 4th and its just sitting there. lol

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
I'm currently sat looking at my first ever Pokémon game cart - Blue - which came in the post yesterday!! Can't wait to start my first ever Pokémon adventure... Just waiting for the Game Boy Color that I ordered with it to arrive! :-)

Your lucky, starting off with the best games first. A lot of people new to pokemon play the newest game first and then can never go back because they are too used to all of the conveniences that are in the new ones. I'm proud of you :D

Cooker

As free as my hair
Years
I actually did get back into my Blue like 2 weeks before B/W came out, so I WAS playing it but obviously I have other priorities now.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I play them sometimes just for fun, to see the differences between White, and the older games.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
Years
Actually yeah I do still! XD I was playing Red the other day, messing around with the MissingNo. glitch near Cinnabar Island just for the hell of it.

Maason

Bug kid
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
I have Red, Yellow and Gold on my GBC. They're the best!

Years
I have all RBY mastered all pokemon level 100 with all badges so i only use my actual cartridge game to battle but have been playing alot on my iPhone 4. The processor in the iphone 4 makes the game play just like the actual gameboy.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
Ever since my Red, Blue & Yellow cartridges were passed on to my brother I haven't played them, but it used to be a special treat to take a break from R/S/E and chill out with the old sprites, music and badassery of Team Rocket.

Jesse + James in Yellow were priceless!

Everything was so simple back then, but much more mysterious. Seeing a wild Golduck in Seafoam Islands gave me a buzz back then that no newer game ever has. And I miss Missingno xp

Come to think of it, RBY does have some unique selling points over the newer games if you know where to look. I still love GSC & RSE though.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I mainly just use them for challenges. It's been years since I've done a proper run through of the games (without it being a challenge) so I think I'll do a proper run through sometime this year :P

Years
Currently thoroughly enjoying Red. I've been thinking of doing a serious run on my Silver game (I tried a challenge but failed horribly) but all the effort I've been putting into my first game is prompting me to not bother. Well, for the time being, anyway.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
On occasion I will have fun with R/B/Y. I once accidentally submerged them in water though, so the batteries are like, destroyed, making saving impossible.

Oh well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
i still have working Red, Yellow, and Gold carts, but no working gameboy to play them on, so went to ROM's, i actually just beat Yellow and Crystal last week, Gen I and II are my favorites still, i play them quite frequently.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
Years
My Yellow version's battery died long ago and I haven't bought a replacement cartridge because, well, they're all 10+ years old, I'd buy a new one on eBay and then its battery would die too. :/ And playing on emulators just isn't the same feeling...

Occasionally I'll pop in my Yellow and try to get as far as I can without saving, usually I can get five or six badges :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
I'm sure you don't want to know my life story but earlier on today I went to a game trading store that does retro and new games (even back to Atari and stuff-its awesome). I was planning to buy Black...and then I saw Red, Blue and Yellow. ZOMGWTF!!! I bought Red and I'm up to Viridian Forest after 25 mins of gameplay.

Back