• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anyone still play R/B/Y?

Uke4Life

I like things.
Years
  • Oh gosh, I still occasionally pick up my GBC and pop Red in. Nice bit of nostalgia there, and quite challenging! (I was never the best at red/blue.)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well since I've had the DS Lite and now have the 3DS I haven't been able to play R/B/Y, but once the Nintendo eShop is avaliable for the 3DS where you can download old GBC titles, hopefully they will be there and I can play them again! :D

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Red, 130 Pokedex until...
    Me: Stadium 2! W00t!
    I hate you Chuck! (Pulls game out)
    The save file has been destroyed!
    FUUUUUUU-
    So I wanna get all 3 starters. I have a battery dead Blue but need a GB link cable.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • no chance. I like the game itself, and the region. But its gotten so boring man. Kanto has been in every last generation so far except in gen 5. Its been in gen 1 in RBY and in hgen 2 in the second parts of GSC, and in gen 3 in FRLG, and in gen 4 in the remakes and thus the second parts of HGSS...jeez they've gotten so boring, that there is no chance that i could play RBy anymore, mostly because of the region !!

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • My Yellow version's battery died long ago and I haven't bought a replacement cartridge because, well, they're all 10+ years old, I'd buy a new one on eBay and then its battery would die too. :/ And playing on emulators just isn't the same feeling...

Occasionally I'll pop in my Yellow and try to get as far as I can without saving, usually I can get five or six badges :)

you can change the battery, I think nintendo sells thew tool and the battery is quite common

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My old R/B/Y and G/S/C cartridges all got new batteries about three years ago. I am currently rejoicing in the fact that they save again and - Hey, did you just use Horn Drill on my Blastoise? Jerk! Now how am I supposed to beat you?

screamers994

Expert Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I actually pity people who can't play the originals. I bought Red, Blue, Green and Yellow for my GBASP and I play them quite a lot. Now the only thing I need is a cable and a second Gba...*sigh*

NurseSerenity

Nurse In Training!
    Years
  • I used to have Yellow, then I lost it. Then in 2006 a friend from school traded me for it! (´・ω・`) Best trade ever. And I still have it!

I recommend people play it. Even a ROM if they have to.

I am in a girl family, so I missed the G/S/C gen games (* ̄m ̄) Maybe that's why I like Johto a lot. Since I missed out on it. (Don't worry, I caught up on the rest of em!)

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • Yes. I still play R/B/Y... Almost daily, in fact.
    I just love the old days of Pokemon...
    I still play G/S/C also because Johto is the best. :3

Years
  • I never played too much G/S/C.... Only a bit. I was always R/B/Y, right up until I got my DS and Diamond :P
    Red has always been my favourite.
    I might crank some red on the n64 tonight :D I should copy all of the good pokemon from one onto the other via 64 and then start one again!

Years
  • I remember when I had a gameboy pocket and my first game was pokemon blue. I loved that game so much!!! It brings back so many memories!

Gmack

I'm back!
    Years
  • Well, my first game was actually yellow, but later bought red.
    I enjoyed it a lot! ... irreplaceable memories.... :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I lost my Pokemon Blue game pak. ;; I actually started playing Pokemon from GSC and didn't play RBY until MUCH later (around when Emerald came out), so that nostalgic feeling people have when they play RBY doesn't exist for me. I feel more comfortable playing GSC. I think the last playthrough of RBY I did was about 3 years ago. XD;

Back