• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
  • The starters of course, hopefully. But also some other forgotten pokemon of gen 3.

Milotic- It's sort of a counterpart to gyarados so why not? There is so much potential for this mega evolution.
    Tropius- It looks so cool but it sucks, I'd like a boost for it, though I hope it doesn't have harvest because that would be a useless ability.
    Chimecho- Okay, it sucks, but I let my chimecho set up six calm minds in a random battle on showdown, and I beat a mandibuzz with it.
    Regis- Other than maybe zygarde these are the most underrated legendaries, a boost would be nice for them.

Also, HELL NO TO MEGA PLUSLE/MINUN. HELL. NO. Also, mega flygon, altaria, and fossil pokemon please.

Years
  • I think that maybe that in terms of older Mega Evolutions that all of the Megas for the third generation Pokemon will be in it as well as any for the 1st and 2nd generation Pokemon that are in the new Hoenn Pokedex, and as for new Megas, I think that Sableye, the other two Hoenn starters, the nature trio (Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza), and Metagross.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't want Torkoal & Jinx to have megevolution !
    They can still have a better permanent evolution .
    Megevolution will just shut down all Their potential evolution .

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I'm very sure the Mega Latis are going to have an important role in the story. And as Keiran said, now the new megas can be added to XY with patches.

Why are you all sticking with Hoenn megas? Being in Hoenn doesn't mean only Hoenn mons are available, haha.

Even though, I agree. Mega Sableye and Mega Milotic sound cool.

I'm hoping for the Mega forms for the rest of the Hoenn starters and hopefully Mega forms for the Johto starters too.

Personally I'd love to see:

Mega Lapras
    Mega Nidoking/Nidoqueen
    Mega Eeveelutions
    Mega Donphan
    Mega Ludicolo
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Floatzel

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I would love to see Rayquaza, Deoxys with a new form, Slaking or a new evolution of Vigoroth, Walrein, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Swampert, or maybe Whiscash.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • I am almost certain the two other starters will get Megas... I keep feeling like Mega Blazekin was a nod towards the Hoenn remake, like the one in Platinum (The gold and silver floor in Pokemon centers).

And I am more certain Mega Latios and Latias will play a part in the new game. Would be sweet!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Sceptile and Swampert mainly because Blaziken got a mega. I'm also expecting a mega stone for Groudon and Kyogre but version exclusive. And the mega Latis, I think they're being saved for the remakes. I'd also like to see Roserade, Dragonite, Arcanine and a few others to get one.

Years
  • Yes, I think there will be Mega Evos here too.. I hope there is Mega Kyogre and Groudon.. oh and the starters of course! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since Mega Lati@s have been confirmed to be in X/Y's coding, I'm pretty sure that they'll make an appearance in these remakes. It's also not too much to ask for Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, is it? Because it's not fair that Blaziken got a Mega Evolution and they didn't.

Years
  • Since Blaziken has already a Mega Evolution, they'd probably have Swampert and Sceptile Mega Evolve. I'd like to see the legendaries get Mega Evolution like Kyogre and Groudon. Or maybe they can put it in the story like the Evil Teams are capturing them and Mega Evolving them so they can take over the world? I don't know. I'd like to see Latios and Latias get a Mega Evolution too. Rayquaza would also be great. Besides legendaries, Milotic, Camerupt and Breelom could be great. Mega-Slacking anyone? But that's just my thoughts.

Years
  • I am positive more megas will come in these games. I really want to see:

-Sceptile
    -Swampert
    -Crawdaunt
    -Cacturne
    -Seviper
    -Zangoose
    -Flygon
    -Salamence
    -Sharpedo

Please!!!!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I'm just waiting for Mega Typhlosion. Will it happen this time around? Possibly, but not likely.

That said, if the other two starters don't get them then Game Freak's troll reputation will forever be solidified.

Years
  • With Blaziken being one I reckon the other starters will too - I will seriously not be able to deal (in a good way!!) if Sceptile actually does get one :D :D

I also think the Legendaries (Groudon and Kyogre) but apart from that I'm not sure if we'll see many more NEW ones - I do think Mega Evolution in general will heavily feature in the games though :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Sableye could very well get one too since Mawile got one and back in the day they were version exclusives.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Yeah it definitely seems likely there'll be a bunch more mega-evos released in this. Lati@s is obviously happening and the starters would just make sense. If anything Blaziken getting one was a hint to these remakes...

That said, looking at the box art and Kyogre and Groudon don't honestly look like mega-evos on it. Maybe it's because they're so impressive already but they both just seem to have gone through moderate makeovers rather than anything else. If this was pre-gen 6 I'd suggest they were just new formes, but given how big mega-evolving was in X&Y I'm sure new formes won't be happening! Looking forward to seeing what mega-evos bring for the legends and starters anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm hoping that there are no more mega pokemon since you wouldn't be able to use them with XY. They already said no DLCs for the games and adding Pokemon udates such as new megas/form compatibility would classify as a DLC. Contet not previously available in the software. Hoping Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre are just physical changes so they can't be blocked from use with XY like how the others that had drastic changes revert when playing against older games.

Don't want more megas yet.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • one of my friends found this somewhere and showed me. i'm leaning on fake, but if this is real...
    tumblr_n57y1r2ZW71tb0ungo1_500.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    one of my friends found this somewhere and showed me. i'm leaning on fake, but if this is real...
    tumblr_n57y1r2ZW71tb0ungo1_500.jpg

I dunno. Depends on what the text says so we'd need some Japanese readers to look at it. It does show Kyogre and Groundon fusing with Rayquaza, which makes absolutely no sense.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am almost 100% sure we will see megas.

I have a feeling that the Kyogre and Groudon on the covers are probably Mega forms of the.

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza are all three probably going to get a mega in these games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back