• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm thinking they will just reveal the new Megas, Brendan and May's (hopefully) updated artworks, and obviously Hoenn in 3D, like everyone wanted.

I'd like to know if we'll be able to customize our players clothing and hair. I honestly wouldn't mind if we can only wear Brendan and May's default uniform, but I wouldn't be opposed to customizing them either. Along with Mega evolutions and a look at Hoenn, those are the main things I hope are revealed.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I have a feeling that Corocoro's reveals for June will probably involve protagonists, Professor Birch, some gym leaders, and possibly the champion.

Oh, and maybe even Team Magma and Aqua. So by that, I doubt the reveals will be too heavy, but at least we'll get to see what's changed in everyone's designs and if our protagonists are the same characters.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe they'll hint at Megas being in Hoenn by saying something like "Mega Evolution, something uncovered in the Kalos region. Is it truly only in Kalos?".

Years
  • Oh, and maybe even Team Magma and Aqua. So by that, I doubt the reveals will be too heavy, but at least we'll get to see what's changed in everyone's designs and if our protagonists are the same characters.

Would really like to see some scenes with these two teams, definitely. Even though they're remakes, it wouldn't hurt to spice up their place in the story with some new additions like maybe a insane, maniacal new leader of the Teams. If something about Team Aqua/Magma is revealed, I hope it hints at some new plot material.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • If they decide revealing Team Magma or Aqua, I hope they reveal like a cinematic view for the games and show a storylike clip haha...

Or better yet do what B2W2 did and do an anime-like trailer haha :33

Years
  • Would really like to see some scenes with these two teams, definitely. Even though they're remakes, it wouldn't hurt to spice up their place in the story with some new additions like maybe a insane, maniacal new leader of the Teams. If something about Team Aqua/Magma is revealed, I hope it hints at some new plot material.
    Maybe they could show the Petalburg Forest scene in 3D :3.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It sure would be nice to get a surprise early newscast from Get TV, but I do think our next batch of information will come with CoroCoro & E3.

Years
  • Or maybe they'll show the Mega evolutions of the starters :3

They better. Right now, everyone and their mother are anxious to know if Sceptile and Swampert join Blaziken in the prestigious ranks of having a Mega evolution. I'm one of them. When HGSS were initially announced, I was excited but never really followed any of the new information revealed, so I'm not familiar with how Nintendo goes about announcing things for remakes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that Corocoro will hint at the mega evolutions in the June release and that we will see a couple of screens of areas. Also, I think we may see what the protagonist will look like as well.

For E3, I think that we will see a full trailer with gameaplay.

Years
  • They better. Right now, everyone and their mother are anxious to know if Sceptile and Swampert join Blaziken in the prestigious ranks of having a Mega evolution. I'm one of them. When HGSS were initially announced, I was excited but never really followed any of the new information revealed, so I'm not familiar with how Nintendo goes about announcing things for remakes.

I recall that the choosing the starters scene was one of the first things shown. It usually is. Maybe they'll treat them like they did like the announcement of the Kanto starters in XY and followed by showing their Mega Evolutions after showing that scene.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I recall that the choosing the starters scene was one of the first things shown. It usually is. Maybe they'll treat them like they did like the announcement of the Kanto starters in XY and followed by showing their Mega Evolutions after showing that scene.

And maybe show their evolution mechanincs and finally revealing the three Mega starters? That sounds awesome. All we gotta do is wait for E3 I guess haha!

Years
  • And maybe show their evolution mechanincs and finally revealing the three Mega starters? That sounds awesome. All we gotta do is wait for E3 I guess haha!

What do you mean by evolution Mechanics? We all know how the starters evolve xD. Do you mean if they'll change the Mega Evolution mechanics? Hopefully they'll make bonding more meaningful if they do.

Years
  • It'll be a huge letdown if we don't get to see how Hoenn will look in 3D. Hopefully, they choose an interesting area like Pacifidlog to showcase in an upcoming release. Along with that they'd be able to kill two birds with one stone and confirm or quell character customization theories regarding ORAS.

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Junichi Masuda apparently has said he is coming to e3 2014 - Most likely about the remakes

Last edited:
    Years
  • They usually don't show towns late in game until closer to release. If we're lucky we'll see Mauville. Chances are higher for the earlier areas.

I think that's because showing later areas would reveal too much about the games, but that only has relevance with all-new games like X and Y. We've already seen all of the Hoenn cities and know their gym leader types, and other important information that Game Freak would want to keep secret if it was a new region.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back