• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I've seen a similar idea implemented on gamefaqs for quizzes on game trivia, and I really liked it.

Sign me up! :3

I'll be playing on Sapphire, its my game of choice for the hoenn games :3

Years
  • Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I've seen a similar idea implemented on gamefaqs for quizzes on game trivia, and I really liked it.

Sign me up! :3

I'll be playing on Sapphire, its my game of choice for the hoenn games :3

Fffffff I hate 3rd gen
    I really do
    I mean I guess 4th is worse but I let the people from their beta have their way
    though I find it odd that I saw there was a Team Alpha Hoenn Project Thread as well, and I think that's why JD suggested it they all probably practiced moving through the game fast
    but this will make it more fun

anyway

your season is also Winter

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Myrrhman, reporting in! I'm signing up, now let me go read everything that's happened here...

Btdubs, I'll be doing Sapphire.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Soo.. Looking at my pokemon choices for fall on a hoenn game.. Not looking to great as of yet... Am not looking forward to the team ima going to get stuck with :(

Also when are you planning on starting this challenge?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Soo.. Looking at my pokemon choices for fall on a hoenn game.. Not looking to great as of yet... Am not looking forward to the team ima going to get stuck with :(

Also when are you planning on starting this challenge?
    Laure said somewhere that it starts saturday morning, in the OP.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I was copying and pasting icons and forgot to replace that it was suppose to be an actual charm looking thing instead of another ice rock. Do you mean someone could confuse "finding" for hidden items? I guess I'll change it. Also JD you seem more familiar with 3rd gen I've literally only beat it once, maybe another time a long time ago, any quests ideas?

Oh and your season will be Summer

I was referring to Zigzagoon's Pickup ability, which can give you Rare Candies and Nuggets, and that those wouldn't give you points.

Actually, maybe make a clause that you can only have 1 in your party (unless you're using it to battle, then you can have an extra one as a slave), since it's so good in R/S.

Thanks for Summer! although that means I'll have to switch to a less awesome one if I get Sudden Changed, grr.

And here's a cool icon for the Protection Charm if you like.
    204.gif

Can we use more than one Clock at a time if we have more than one?

Years
  • I was referring to Zigzagoon's Pickup ability, which can give you Rare Candies and Nuggets, and that those wouldn't give you points.

Actually, maybe make a clause that you can only have 1 in your party (unless you're using it to battle, then you can have an extra one as a slave), since it's so good in R/S.

Thanks for Summer! although that means I'll have to switch to a less awesome one if I get Sudden Changed, grr.

And here's a cool icon for the Protection Charm if you like.
    204.gif

Can we use more than one Clock at a time if we have more than one?

Oh yeah pick up items don't count, you didn't find it
    And since getting clocks is harder now, sure
    there is a target on your back though sir I'll see to it be lucky if you get one

haha oops, i dont have eyes apparently :S

Also, A question on the types you can use in the challenge,
    Can you only use that types that are said you can use or any type you want as long as its not banned?

You can only use what is said, the banned types is just to make it more limited, say you are allowed purple pokemon, if thunder is banned, you can't use that purple pokemon despite its color. That is all.

Myrrhman, reporting in! I'm signing up, now let me go read everything that's happened here...

Btdubs, I'll be doing Sapphire.

You will be doing Fall

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • I'm in for this challenge as well.
    I'll be doing ruby on my hard copy (hopefully it works). Forget about that I'll be using a emulator since I can't even find it.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Oh yeah pick up items don't count, you didn't find it
    And since getting clocks is harder now, sure
    there is a target on your back though sir I'll see to it be lucky if you get one
    You gonna change the Protection Charm image...?

Oh right you wanted me to suggest some quests.

Getting the Scanner could be viable, although you need the Dive HM, which is a late one.

Catching Feebas? lot of luck/time involved there.

Catching Surskit/Wailord in the wild are also luck based events (1% encounter rate). Surskit can be found right away, so that could be pretty viable, and Wailord is a late one.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Maybe the first to find a rare item in a day? i dunno...I needs to sleep noaw. :knockedou

is this the kind of stuff you're think of trying?

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Quest: Save New Mauville? Must go and fix the new Mauville generator?

Quest: Beat all trick masters trick rooms.

Quest: Unlock the regi's caves.

Quest: Beat the Winstins without losing a pokemon before obtaining 4 badges. (Dont even know if thats their name cant remember but theres four you gotta battle straight)

hows that?

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    I like the Regi suggestion. If you make it so you have to visit each of them (not necessarily catch) then it would be time consuming and worth lots of points if you can get it all in one session. And I think the family's the Winstrates.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Quest: Get contest ribbons..? like 2 points for normal 4 points for hard 6 points for harder and 8 points for hardest? Must have picture of pokemon with ribbon on it as proof?

Should have it as a requirement to have picture proofs of each quest you complete as well as your save time and team :)

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Wow this is really popular already! So much for second post though :/

Sign me up for Ruby hard copy. The Regis really should be a quest, and I think we should get our own ideas thread!

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Wow, the Americans have gone into action while the Europeans (Me and Hacki) where sleeping!

Ill sign up on my Ruby rom

I like how the Black Out is the dark star, who i beat 2 days ago :D

Also Laure, just copy-paste the complete bomb list below, I rewrote some parts to make it easier to understand. How long is the max bomb time BTW?
    Spoiler:

I struggled with thinking up the Chess one to make the number of bombs a round 20 :) Oh, I cant wait to see the Lololololol Bomb in action :P

The regi quest should just be opening their doors, as catching the gives 50 POINTS EACH!

Last edited:

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    omg yay round 2 :D i cant wait!

Hooray for more than 5 people!

Ofc im signing up!

Game: Ruby

[email protected]? lolololol Bomb? ~LOL~

One more thing, unlike Last round, cant we continue after the 1st place person captures Lati@s / Rayquaza? Make it a 1st, 2nd, 3rd person thing and give em banners respectively :3

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    omg yay round 2 :D i cant wait!

Hooray for more than 5 people!

Ofc im signing up!

Game: Ruby

[email protected]? lolololol Bomb? ~LOL~

One more thing, unlike Last round, cant we continue after the 1st place person captures Lati@s / Rayquaza? Make it a 1st, 2nd, 3rd person thing and give em banners respectively :3

Just the reaction i expected, and still i laughed so much of it :D

Back