• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Help with deck making

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    I am trying to make a budget friendly deck with these cards:
    Mega mewtwo y
    Mega ampharos x2
    Mega houndoom
    Shaymin ex x2
    Hoopa ex
    Lugia ex
    Volcanion ex
    Flareon ex
    Ninetails ex
    Ampharos ex
    Shiny rayquaza promo ex
    I was wondering what the best option would be for the cards I have

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Ok, so first of all don't make two threads for the same thing. I'll make Don delete the other one later. Also, when listing cards, please include the set and card number so I know which one you are talking about.

Anyway, assuming you have the decent versions of MMY and Shay, some of those could be a solid deck starter. You would need more of the Mewtwos and Mega Mewtwos of course, but MMY is a perfectly viable deck right now. There are a few other options (ampharos being the most noticeable), but you really can't use all of those in one deck.

I'd read this post by Hands to give yourself an idea of here to go from here. It's actually pretty good.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, so first of all don't make two threads for the same thing. I'll make Don delete the other one later. Also, when listing cards, please include the set and card number so I know which one you are talking about.

Anyway, assuming you have the decent versions of MMY and Shay, some of those could be a solid deck starter. You would need more of the Mewtwos and Mega Mewtwos of course, but MMY is a perfectly viable deck right now. There are a few other options (ampharos being the most noticeable), but you really can't use all of those in one deck.

I'd read this post by Hands to give yourself an idea of here to go from here. It's actually pretty good.

Aw shucks :)

Like Decidueye said, there is absolutely no way you can run a deck using all those cards. Shaymin are a given and work in any deck so throw those in, if the Hoopa is the Scoundrel Ring version (the one that lets you grab 3x EXs) then throw that in too. If you can get 4x Ampharos EX and an additional M Ampharos EX I'd suggest building that as it's a super viable anti meta deck. Are you playing expanded or standard? For Standard something like

4x Ampharos EX
    3x M Ampharos EX
    1x Hoopa EX (Ancient Origins)
    2x Shaymin EX (Roaring Skies)
    2x Voltorb (evolutions)
    2x Electrode (evolutions)
    1x Raikou (BreakTHROUGH)

would work Pokemon wise.

Something I didn't mention in my thread was the incredible usability of Skyla in Mega decks. Skyla will let you nab a spirit link out as soon as you need it. Mega turbo are also stupidly useful when combined with ultra balls (ditch an energy or two for the mega amph, then evolve it and Mega turbo them straight onto the newly evolved mega amph). You could always run Clawitzer from Steam Siege too which would let you add an extra special energy (DCE etc) to a mega per turn, although that might clog things up.

Electrode lets you knock it out yourself to use it as a double lightning energy, if you use this alongside Ace Trainer you'll be in control of the field a lot quicker.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    My intensions we're not to use them all but I was wondering what deck I should use and they are my cards. my Shaymin are the good version same as the hoopa. What about a volcanion deck

Years
  • My intensions we're not to use them all but I was wondering what deck I should use and they are my cards. my Shaymin are the good version same as the hoopa. What about a volcanion deck

Hands gave you his thoughts on the Volcanion deck idea in the thread you made for the Volcanion deck idea that can be found here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9495159#post9495159

That can be found in the TCG Deck Reviewing forum, and it was moved there as that's where actual deck reviews belong. This thread was left here in the main section as it's more of a general discussion than a review of a specific deck idea.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Ok thanks I am sorry for all the fuss and by any chance do you have a mega ampharos deck list

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok thanks I am sorry for all the fuss and by any chance do you have a mega ampharos deck list

I pretty much gave you the main spine of it a post above, but I guess you didn't see it. Here's a loose list though it's never been played

Pokemon:

4x Ampharos EX
    3x M Ampharos EX
    1x Hoopa EX (Ancient Origins)
    2x Shaymin EX (Roaring Skies)
    2x Voltorb (evolutions)
    2x Electrode (evolutions)
    1x Raikou (BreakTHROUGH)

Items:

x4 Ultraball
    X4 Mega Turbo
    x3 Amph. Spirit Link